Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Up in the Air . . .

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, mayvenne said:

I don't think the show is "made up" but it is very manipulated and staged and contrived. 

Indeed.

I believe the parts of the show that aren’t made up are pretty obvious, because facts.  For example, Jeanette and Greg are married and have 4 children, 2 of which are twins. Jeanette’s parents are part of the show.  Jazz’s assortment of friends, transgender or not, are part of the show.  Jazz’s transgender identity and transition is also part of the show.  They live in Florida.  Jazz has her own bedroom. They have pool parties.  Etc.

Every time there is the opportunity for a dramatic situation involving the basic obvious facts of the show, it’s manipulated, staged, contrived, badly acted, eye-roll worthy and bordering on unbelievable.

I think they are following the Kardashian model seeing as how it draws legions of fans, critics, publicity, awareness and most importantly  money-making opportunities for all those involved.

Transitioning isn’t cheap and I can’t speculate as to how much Greg and Jeanette have had to pay out of pocket over the years.  The idea of signing up for the show most likely gave them the hope they’d be able to afford her transition even if it had to be 100% out of pocket.

• Love 2

I recently came across a video of Jazz being interviewed by Barbara Walters when she was about 5 or 6. In the interview, I heard her  Parents referred to as Scott and Renee. Now I am wondering if the Grandparents are named Jack and Jacky and if they are the actual Grandparents or actors?

Anyone know?

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, swimmom said:

I recently came across a video of Jazz being interviewed by Barbara Walters when she was about 5 or 6. In the interview, I heard her  Parents referred to as Scott and Renee. Now I am wondering if the Grandparents are named Jack and Jacky and if they are the actual Grandparents or actors?

Anyone know?

Yes, I've met them. Those are their actual names with the actual relations.

Jack was quick to notice interesting parallels to my mother and I to Jeanette/Jazz, respectively. He was dead on in ways I hadn't realized until years after. Jacky made a point to note how fortunate it is that Jazz and I have good heads, good educations, unlike some in our shoes. Very kind hearted souls that anyone would be fortunate to know.

As for the Scott/Renee, I know, but would rather not make that public for privacy reasons. Hit me up with a DM and can explain this very easily.

9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm pretty sure that they are her real grandparents, but I doubt their real names are Jack and Jacky. 

See above.

On 4/25/2019 at 12:20 AM, Sew Sumi said:

Thanks for the clarification! A couple named Jack and Jacky just seemed so kitschy to be real! 

My sister's BFF is named Chris and she dated a Chris for years. I have a cousin named Cody and he dated a Codi. It happens.