Type keyword(s) to search

Tour-Related Questions

GaT

7 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

1. I can’t actuslly read any threads by going to that TV Index link. It just asks if I want to follow them when I click the titles, it doesn’t open the pages.

2. When I click on Other Shows, they are not alphabetized. Can that be changed? It’s really annoying to have to scan through a random list of shows to see if what I am looking for is even there.

1. Correct, it's an index not a menu.

2. You can use the 'Sort by' option in the top right of the page (as with any forum) to choose which field you want the topics organised by. It defaults to 'Most recently replied to' if no options are selected.

6 hours ago, AnnA said:

I'm not sure if my issues are questions or requests but so far there are only two of them.    

1) how do I change the TV show format from Genre to Alphabetical?

2) I access PTV on an iPad in landscape mode using the Photon browser.   I cannot find a way to change the browser width and hate that the forum text is squished on the left side of the screen.   The screen is small to begin with and this format makes it worse.    Please tell me how to move the ads to within the text like it was.

ETA:  I would rather block the ads and have part of the screen blank than have them the way they are.....as a distraction.

1. You can't.

2. You can't.

3. You can but, for what I hope are obvious reasons, I'd rather not know about it thanks.

5 hours ago, Bastet said:

Seconding the request for the return of this feature when you get to the fine-tuning phase.

Sorry, not gonna happen for the reasons explained here.

5 hours ago, jackiecat said:

I'm still unable to use Manage Forum Follows.  When I click on it I get

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.
Error code: EX1054

This is happening in Firefox and in Opera.  Windows 8.1

Manage Topic Follows works fine.

I noticed someone else has reported the same problem with no resolution.

Thanks for your hard work.  I can get around the problem on my home page but I prefer the format using Follows.

We're looking into it.

1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

Question regarding the page now that I can get there: Is there any way to get to the Forums on that list? The only thing it seems you can do is get 'Follow' options, you can't click through to see the actual forums.

Nope, it's only an index not a selectable menu other than for follows.

I guess my question is - who do I send a thank you to? I like the new layout and color schemes following the upgrade, which I feel like rarely happens after a social media site does a change. Forums also seem to be loading faster, which is nice. So thank you!

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, shantown said:

I guess my question is - who do I send a thank you to? I like the new layout and color schemes following the upgrade, which I feel like rarely happens after a social media site does a change. Forums also seem to be loading faster, which is nice. So thank you!

Thanks, and I'll pass it on 🙂 

• Love 1

Can I just add to what @shantown said? Despite the reindexing bugs that keep making my shows appear/disappear/reappear, I really love the new format! And I love the layout on the 'puter! I don't have any issues with ad placement or whatever. Actually, I haven't noticed any of that.

And I'm so happy the bug with the pms not going to the most recent reply was fixed after the upgrade. Everything just looks so purty.

Thank you @David T. Cole and team!

• Love 4

Maybe I'm just dense, but where did the catch-all alphabetical threads go (all A shows, all B shows, etc.)? One of my shows has disappeared, it was last in the all B show list, but now it does not appear either there or on my homepage and when I search for it, I get crickets (the show is Bring It!).

1 hour ago, Rlb8031 said:

Maybe I'm just dense, but where did the catch-all alphabetical threads go (all A shows, all B shows, etc.)? One of my shows has disappeared, it was last in the all B show list, but now it does not appear either there or on my homepage and when I search for it, I get crickets (the show is Bring It!).

They were moved to the appropriate genre areas, ex. Other Comedies, Other Dramas. As for missing shows, see here.

The forum looks beautiful but I really miss alphabetic shows. I don’t always want to follow a show just because I want to read about it one time. Please bring that functionality back. Also figuring out what genre something belongs to is not easy: I Am the Night wasn’t in drama, for example. 

I reallt liked having thevmodtnpopular alphabetixed and then seeing “others” in that letter. Sad face. 

I do like having multiple options to reply. 

I cant find the quick search thing on a phone, which is where I tend to read, just the old search which is still slow and won’t let you look up more than one thing within a few minutes.

• Love 1

You shouldn't use the current show listing/categories as any sort of measure of user-friendliness; we're having, quite major, indexing issues presently so many shows aren't showing up where they should be, even when using the search function. This should hopefully be resolved in the next day or two.

• Love 1