Type keyword(s) to search

Law & Order: Criminal Intent - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm watching Bedfellows right now and I can never figure out which grandson Rip Torn's character is favoring. Is he dismissive of Jeffrey because he's Charlene's son or is he like that to him because he's his disappointing son Ted's son?

On 8/31/2021 at 1:58 PM, peacheslatour said:

I'm watching Bedfellows right now and I can never figure out which grandson Rip Torn's character is favoring. Is he dismissive of Jeffrey because he's Charlene's son or is he like that to him because he's his disappointing son Ted's son?

He favors Adlai's kid (even though Charlene is the mother) because "MY ADDDDLAAAAIIIIII!!!!", essentially repeating the same cycle he did with his sons. Notice, at the end, Douchebag Dad says, "I lost my son!"

To which Bobby has to remind him, "You lost TWO sons, Mr. Copeland." Just before the boys rushed in and ol' Gramps ignores Ted's kid and fawns over Adlai's.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

He favors Adlai's kid (even though Charlene is the mother) because "MY ADDDDLAAAAIIIIII!!!!", essentially repeating the same cycle he did with his sons. Notice, at the end, Douchebag Dad says, "I lost my son!"

To which Bobby has to remind him, "You lost TWO sons, Mr. Copeland." Just before the boys rushed in and ol' Gramps ignores Ted's kid and fawns over Adlai's.

That makes sense because he obviously favored Adlai over the dreary Ted. But Lena was THE GOOD DAUGHTER! Thanks, it bugged me every time I saw that ep, the kids are always with Lena so I could not figure out who was whose kids.

• Love 2

The dad in Bedfellows was a complete asswipe, it was infuriating watching him only care about one son/grandson while completing ignoring the other. There were a few parents like that on CI - the parents in Saving Face who only cared about their dead son and treated their daughter as just a replacement were repulsive, and the witch of a mom in Beast who only liked her “pretty” daughter and disliked the other was bad as well.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

The dad in Bedfellows was a complete asswipe, it was infuriating watching him only care about one son/grandson while completing ignoring the other. There were a few parents like that on CI - the parents in Saving Face who only cared about their dead son and treated their daughter as just a replacement were repulsive, and the witch of a mom in Beast who only liked her “pretty” daughter and disliked the other was bad as well.

At least Colleen, in "Beast", finally got to tell her mother how she helped in Morgan's death. Yes, Colleen was a murderer, but I still like that she finally gave her mother hell.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I saw the SV/CI crossover last night where Eames is trying to catch a terrorist and her case meanders into SVU territory. The way Eames employed Goren's interrogation technique was awe inspiring.

I don't like that episode as it basically undid the perfect ending on CI. And no way would Bobby just "move on". He desperately wanted to keep his job. So, to me, as good as it was to see Eames and see her use Goren's methods, that episode does not exist in my world.

On another note, my favorite Season 10 episode, "The Last Street In Manhattan", is on WE now. Yay!

• Love 2
On 9/7/2021 at 11:08 AM, peacheslatour said:

Is she always so awful? I hated her on Gilmore Girls too.

I don't know if she is always awful, but man, Emily Bergl's Alice on this episode is unbearable. I completely understand just why Eames took such an instant dislike to her! (I never watched Gilmore Girls, so I can't speak for her character there. But I will take your word for it that she was horrible there, too.)

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't know if she is always awful, but man, Emily Bergl's Alice on this episode is unbearable. I completely understand just why Eames too such an instant dislike to her! (I never watched Gilmore Girls, so I can't speak for her character there. But I will take your word for it that she was horrible there, too.)

She was. One of those cliquey girls who sets people against each other with lies and manipulation.

Poison was on on WE, and I still wonder how Goren got Carver to go along with his plan to charge the mom, when they knew the daughter was the poisoner - if Goren’s plan hadn’t worked, the DA’s office would’ve been left with a disaster of a case, so I would’ve liked more of an exploration as to how Goren convinced Carver to do what he suggested. 

The mom was just pathetic, she knew her daughter was guilty but didn’t have the spine to do anything and just stood there mute at her arraignment. And Trudy was just completely evil and detached from reality. 

I love the episode though, especially the cameo of Briscoe and Green, that was awesome, 4 great detectives in one scene, I loved Lennie calling the commissioners office “those idiots” and how Goren/Eames kept quiet when Deakins wanted to know who leaked the story to the media, that was great. 

• Love 1

I got sucked into watching the last season of episodes late night on WE earlier this week. I tuned in earlier to see the last two only to see they had restarted and were showing first season episodes again. I went back to look on the guide online and saw that they showed some episodes yesterday morning but none of them were the last two of the series.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Jaded said:

I got sucked into watching the last season of episodes late night on WE earlier this week. I tuned in earlier to see the last two only to see they had restarted and were showing first season episodes again. I went back to look on the guide online and saw that they showed some episodes yesterday morning but none of them were the last two of the series.

That happens sometimes. Sometimes, WE goes all the way through; sometimes they circle back without finishing S10. Why, I don't know. But if you want to see the last two for fun, they can be found on Peacock for free.

18 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I love the episode though, especially the cameo of Briscoe and Green, that was awesome, 4 great detectives in one scene, I loved Lennie calling the commissioners office “those idiots” and how Goren/Eames kept quiet when Deakins wanted to know who leaked the story to the media, that was great. 

Loved all of that, too. I wish we could have seen Briscoe and Green on CI again. Especially Briscoe, as I wish he could have interacted with Logan again. (I don't count Exiled.)

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

That happens sometimes. Sometimes, WE goes all the way through; sometimes they circle back without finishing S10. Why, I don't know. But if you want to see the last two for fun, they can be found on Peacock for free.

Loved all of that, too. I wish we could have seen Briscoe and Green on CI again. Especially Briscoe, as I wish he could have interacted with Logan again. (I don't count Exiled.)

Unfortunately by the time Logan came back to CI, Briscoe/Orbach was dead. I agree I really wish Lennie and Mike had interacted again, they were a great partnership, and they didn’t even get a goodbye scene when Logan left the Mothership and then the movie, well that was just horrible and Lennie was highly OOC, I agree it’s best to disregard that dog shit movie.

But yeah, it was awesome seeing Briscoe/Green interact with Goren/Eames in Poison and I loved everything about their appearance. As I’ve said before, it’s too bad CI didn’t do crossovers more often. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Unfortunately by the time Logan came back to CI, Briscoe/Orbach was dead. I agree I really wish Lennie and Mike had interacted again, they were a great partnership, and they didn’t even get a goodbye scene when Logan left the Mothership and then the movie, well that was just horrible and Lennie was highly OOC, I agree it’s best to disregard that dog shit movie.

But yeah, it was awesome seeing Briscoe/Green interact with Goren/Eames in Poison and I loved everything about their appearance. As I’ve said before, it’s too bad CI didn’t do crossovers more often. 

Oh, I realize the time line for Logan/Briscoe reuniting could not work. Hence my wishing. (Should have made that clearer.) Still would have loved to see it, though. No disrespect to Jesse L. Martin and his Ed Green, also a great character. (And another who, IMO, got a shitty ending.)

For all of the great stuff from the franchise, more than one character seemed to leave under a cloud - even Goren/Eames. At least they got a redo (even if Warren Leight spit on it years later for Eames' SVU stint, that I ignore. LOL!).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Oh, I realize the time line for Logan/Briscoe reuniting could not work. Hence my wishing. 

At least Logan gives that tribute to Briscoe in "Diamond Dogs" where he references having had a partner who was a great pool player.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Oh, I realize the time line for Logan/Briscoe reuniting could not work. Hence my wishing. (Should have made that clearer.) Still would have loved to see it, though. No disrespect to Jesse L. Martin and his Ed Green, also a great character. (And another who, IMO, got a shitty ending.)

For all of the great stuff from the franchise, more than one character seemed to leave under a cloud - even Goren/Eames. At least they got a redo (even if Warren Leight spit on it years later for Eames' SVU stint, that I ignore. LOL!).

Yeah there were some L&O characters that didn’t get great exits - I didn’t care for Green’s exit either, some parts were decent but a lot of it sucked, and of course the Goren/Eames season 9 exit was dreadful, so glad they got a much better send off in season 10. And yeah I didn’t like how SVU said Goren had “moved on” either.

10 hours ago, Route66 said:

At least Logan gives that tribute to Briscoe in "Diamond Dogs" where he references having had a partner who was a great pool player.

And don’t forget how Logan specifically talked about Briscoe in Renewal, while that was a very weird episode, I really liked hearing Logan talk about how he still had dreams about Lennie and found it hard to believe he was dead. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

And don’t forget how Logan specifically talked about Briscoe in Renewal, while that was a very weird episode, I really liked hearing Logan talk about how he still had dreams about Lennie and found it hard to believe he was dead. 

Honestly, I think that was the only redeeming scene in "Renewal". Just seemed like 1,000 different tangents going on at once. It was a mess.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Honestly, I think that was the only redeeming scene in "Renewal". Just seemed like 1,000 different tangents going on at once. It was a mess.

Yeah Renewal was a mess and I’m not sure where they were going with it - but I loved Mike talking about Lennie.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yeah Renewal was a mess and I’m not sure where they were going with it - but I loved Mike talking about Lennie.

I did like that CI tried to keep Logan's connections to his first run on the original show alive with Briscoe references and even the Liz Olivet cameo in "To The Bone".

• Love 1
10 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I did like that CI tried to keep Logan's connections to his first run on the original show alive with Briscoe references and even the Liz Olivet cameo in "To The Bone".

Agreed, I loved seeing Olivet in To The Bone, another good crossover cameo, and I liked how they did good with continuity with Logan, referencing his partnership with Lennie, and his punching the politician. 

Edited by Xeliou66
2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Agreed, I loved seeing Oliver in To The Bone, another good crossover cameo, and I liked how they did good with continuity with Logan, referencing his partnership with Lennie, and his punching the politician. 

I also liked Olivet basically showing how Logan had grown since then, reminding Logan that he called her for help. Something he would not have done years earlier.

And I liked her advice that, sometimes someone can do everything right and still have a bad outcome. That's life.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I also liked Olivet basically showing how Logan had grown since then, reminding Logan that he called her for help. Something he would not have done years earlier.

And I liked her advice that, sometimes someone can do everything right and still have a bad outcome. That's life.

Oh yes I liked all of that - Olivet’s appearance was really good. As I’ve said before, it’s too bad Olivet/Skoda didn’t show up more often on CI, there were plenty of times they could’ve used their expertise.

To the Bone was an intense, good episode, but I really wanted a follow up to know if they were able to lock up all of those murderous scum, I didn’t like how open ended it left off. And I really didn’t like Deakins exit, he was another character that got a disappointing exit, he could’ve fought Adair and his buddies and won, I didn’t like how he resigned instead. At least he got nice goodbyes with each of his detectives, though it was very disappointing Goren/Eames weren’t shown in the squad room when he exited. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Oh yes I liked all of that - Olivet’s appearance was really good. As I’ve said before, it’s too bad Olivet/Skoda didn’t show up more often on CI, there were plenty of times they could’ve used their expertise.

To the Bone was an intense, good episode, but I really wanted a follow up to know if they were able to lock up all of those murderous scum, I didn’t like how open ended it left off. And I really didn’t like Deakins exit, he was another character that got a disappointing exit, he could’ve fought Adair and his buddies and won, I didn’t like how he resigned instead. At least he got nice goodbyes with each of his detectives, though it was very disappointing Goren/Eames weren’t shown in the squad room when he exited. 

Well, if Jamey Sheridan wasn't leaving, I think Deakins would have beat Adair at his game. But since he wanted out, maybe he wanted that flashy ending. Me, I'd just have him decide it was time to retire if he had to go at all.

And based on what Carver was saying at the end of "To The Bone", with that other foster son dead, as he was the key witness, the cold-blooded bunch of them probably walked/had charges dropped.

On the bright side, there is no statute of limitations on murder, so I'd like to think more evidence came to light and they all were sent to prison to rot.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, if Jamey Sheridan wasn't leaving, I think Deakins would have beat Adair at his game. But since he wanted out, maybe he wanted that flashy ending. Me, I'd just have him decide it was time to retire if he had to go at all.

And based on what Carver was saying at the end of "To The Bone", with that other foster son dead, as he was the key witness, the cold-blooded bunch of them probably walked/had charges dropped.

On the bright side, there is no statute of limitations on murder, so I'd like to think more evidence came to light and they all were sent to prison to rot.

Deakins exit was just weak IMO, I always thought of Deakins as a fighter, and I didn’t buy that he would fold so easily. I wish they had either just had him choose to retire to spend more time with his family or given him a better exit story. He was such an underrated and under-appreciated character. I did like his last scenes with everyone, he even got to say a nice goodbye with Carver which I liked (Carver called him “my friend” and that was unusually warm for the usually reserved Carver, interestingly enough, that was Carver’s last scene as well). 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Deakins exit was just weak IMO, I always thought of Deakins as a fighter, and I didn’t buy that he would fold so easily. I wish they had either just had him choose to retire to spend more time with his family or given him a better exit story. He was such an underrated and under-appreciated character. I did like his last scenes with everyone, he even got to say a nice goodbye with Carver which I liked (Carver called him “my friend” and that was unusually warm for the usually reserved Carver, interestingly enough, that was Carver’s last scene as well). 

Nice of Deakins to give Carver that bottle of...Scotch, I think it was? And giving Logan a better desk. BTW, not only was it the final scene for Deakins/Carver but also for Barek, as well. (Even if she and Carver both got token mentions the following season.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Nice of Deakins to give Carver that bottle of...Scotch, I think it was? And giving Logan a better desk. BTW, not only was it the final scene for Deakins/Carver but also for Barek, as well. (Even if she and Carver both got token mentions the following season.)

I think it was a bottle of malt, but I’m not sure. But yeah I liked the goodbye between Deakins/Carver and how he gave Logan a new desk. Still wish Goren/Eames had been shown when Deakins exited though. 
And yeah it was Barek’s final scene, and I’m still puzzled at the mention of Barek in season 6 when it implied her and Logan didn’t part on good terms - I really wish SVU had cleared that up when Barek appeared last season, it was nice that SVU brought her back and let us know what she was up to and that she name dropped Goren, but I would’ve loved to have known if she still kept in touch with Logan or if they parted on bad terms.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I really wish SVU had cleared that up when Barek appeared last season, it was nice that SVU brought her back and let us know what she was up to and that she name dropped Goren, but I would’ve loved to have known if she still kept in touch with Logan or if they parted on bad terms.

I really was hoping that would be clarified but...nope. But it's weird [but cool, don't get me wrong!] how she name-dropped Goren, when it was Logan that was her partner [although as Goren was the "face" of Criminal Intent, I got the reason, overall!].

I just wish Logan's odd reaction to that one Barek mention in S6 was explained.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I really was hoping that would be clarified but...nope. But it's weird [but cool, don't get me wrong!] how she name-dropped Goren, when it was Logan that was her partner [although as Goren was the "face" of Criminal Intent, I got the reason, overall!].

I definitely bought that she would name drop Goren because Goren is probably a legend in universe due to his intellect and his uniqueness, so everyone knew who Goren was when she mentioned him, no one had to ask even though I bet none of them had ever met Goren.

I really wish they had cleared up that with Logan though because that Barek mention in the first Logan episode of season 6 was beyond weird. They had a great opportunity to say whether Barek and Logan parted on good terms or if they kept in touch, I’m disappointed they didn’t clear that up. But it’s not surprising since SVU sucks with continuity now, I was shocked they even remember Barek existed!!

• Love 3

But it’s not surprising since SVU sucks with continuity now, I was shocked they even remember Barek existed!!

I was just grateful that they did not make Barek into a complete moron to make Benson look better. I was half expecting just that. Although, even so, since she did work with the FBI before working at Major Case, it was kind of asking a lot to think Barek did not have one clue that her detective was bad. Oh, well!

• Love 2
On 9/13/2021 at 9:09 PM, Xeliou66 said:

But it’s not surprising since SVU sucks with continuity now, I was shocked they even remember Barek existed!!

On 9/14/2021 at 5:06 AM, WendyCR72 said:

I was just grateful that they did not make Barek into a complete moron to make Benson look better. I was half expecting just that. Although, even so, since she did work with the FBI before working at Major Case, it was kind of asking a lot to think Barek did not have one clue that her detective was bad. Oh, well!

I guess Warren Leight likes her and the character which is probably why she was on in the first place. It was pretty typical SVU continuity as regards the larger L&O universe - they brought in character because the showrunner had a good relationship with the actor and then pretty much ignored everything that happened off screen since the last time we saw them and didn't really bother with thinking about if everything what they did really matched up with what we've seen before. It was pretty good all things considered. And as far as not realizing the obvious that was actually respecting franchise continuity and tradition - only the characters in the opening credits can spot that a public servant is corrupt, criminal, etc. no matter how obvious!

Edited by wknt3
accidentally deleted a word
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, wknt3 said:

I guess Warren Leight likes her and the character which is probably why she was on in the first place. It was pretty typical SVU continuity as regards the larger L&O universe - they brought in character because the showrunner had a good relationship with the actor and then pretty much ignored everything that happened off screen since the last time we saw them and didn't really bother with thinking about if everything what they did really matched up with what we've seen before. It was pretty good all things considered. And as far as not realizing the obvious that was actually respecting franchise continuity and tradition - only the characters in the opening credits can spot that a public is corrupt, criminal, etc. no matter how obvious!

I know, I know. Barek/Sciorra was just the guest star, and the actual show star, Hargitay/Benson, gets the glory. 😋  As I said, Barek wasn't that bad, all things considered. She didn't kill anyone or ruin her career, so that's a win in terms of the franchise today.

• Love 2
On 9/13/2021 at 8:38 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Wasn't it Captain Ross who made the snide remark? I just chalk it up to his inherent nastiness and ignore it like I ignore the out of character O Captain, My Captain speeches they made Bobby utter when Ross was killed.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Broderbits said:

Wasn't it Captain Ross who made the snide remark? I just chalk it up to his inherent nastiness and ignore it like I ignore the out of character O Captain, My Captain speeches they made Bobby utter when Ross was killed.

Yes it was Dickhead Ross who said “I can always try to get Barek back” or something like that and Logan just gave him an odd look.

And yeah I disliked how Goren appeared so shaken up when Ross was murdered, Ross was a prick who was never nice to his detectives and I didn’t buy that this would really shake up Goren. The whole season 9 premiere was so confusing and poorly done, thank god they got Goren/Eames back for season 10 to give them a good send off. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Broderbits said:

No. (And I hate defending Ross, so a pox on you! LOL!) All he said to Logan was that if the partnership with Wheeler did not work out, he could try to get Barek back. Cue Logan with a sort of "no, thanks!" look on his face. Or whatever the look was. It was odd. Because at the end of S5, he and Barek had moved past his trying to sabotage himself by hitting on Barek...

• Love 2

And as for Bobby and Alex actually being upset about Ross, well...while we aren't big fans, I guess Bobby figured Ross did help Bobby get reinstated on the force after his suspension [even if Ross sending Donnie, Bobby's nephew, back to prison which set Bobby's undercover plan in motion in the first place - which made me think Ross owed him that! IMO!]

So, Bobby may have softened towards Ross because of that.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

And as for Bobby and Alex actually being upset about Ross, well...while we aren't big fans, I guess Bobby figured Ross did help Bobby get reinstated on the force after his suspension [even if Ross sending Donnie, Bobby's nephew, back to prison which set Bobby's undercover plan in motion in the first place - which made me think Ross owed him that! IMO!]

So, Bobby may have softened towards Ross because of that.

I wonder how Booby would have worked with Eliot Stabler if they threw them together. Benson and Eames got along  after some initial friction.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

No. (And I hate defending Ross, so a pox on you! LOL!) All he said to Logan was that if the partnership with Wheeler did not work out, he could try to get Barek back. Cue Logan with a sort of "no, thanks!" look on his face. Or whatever the look was. It was odd. Because at the end of S5, he and Barek had moved past his trying to sabotage himself by hitting on Barek...

Yes but the way Ross said it was odd, and Logan’s expression after he said it was odd as well. I really wonder what that was about. I really wish SVU had cleared that up when Barek appeared last year. Just another weird thing in season 6, my least favorite season of CI. 

9 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I wonder how Booby would have worked with Eliot Stabler if they threw them together. Benson and Eames got along  after some initial friction.

I really wish we had gotten an SVU/CI crossover while both shows were on, it would’ve been really interesting to see Goren/Eames interact with the SVU squad. Even just cameo appearances would’ve been nice, the way Briscoe/Green made a cameo in Poison which was awesome. 

• Love 3

I don't mind that Bobby never interacted with Benson/Stabler, but - as I have said before - I really wish he had crossed paths with Munch [another weird cop] and Fin. I honestly tend to think Fin/Bobby may have known each other, or known of each other, since both worked in Narcotics.

And, as pointed out, both also had the military backgrounds prior to their police careers...

I really wish we had gotten an SVU/CI crossover while both shows were on, it would’ve been really interesting to see Goren/Eames interact with the SVU squad. Even just cameo appearances would’ve been nice, the way Briscoe/Green made a cameo in Poison which was awesome. 

Ironically, that episode aired just last night on MyNetwork, the last before being dropped for the Chicago franchise, beginning next week, which I won't be watching. (As if anyone cares. LOL! But that franchise is a mess, to me.)

• Love 3
19 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't mind that Bobby never interacted with Benson/Stabler, but - as I have said before - I really wish he had crossed paths with Munch [another weird cop] and Fin. I honestly tend to think Fin/Bobby may have known each other, or known of each other, since both worked in Narcotics.

And, as pointed out, both also had the military backgrounds prior to their police careers...

Ironically, that episode aired just last night on MyNetwork, the last before being dropped for the Chicago franchise, beginning next week, which I won't be watching. (As if anyone cares. LOL! But that franchise is a mess, to me.)

I would’ve appreciated any SVU/CI crossover, but yeah Goren interacting with Munch and Fin would’ve been awesome!! As I’ve said before, I wish CI had done more crossovers.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I would’ve appreciated any SVU/CI crossover, but yeah Goren interacting with Munch and Fin would’ve been awesome!! As I’ve said before, I wish CI had done more crossovers.

Maybe moving to (NBC-owned) USA Network was a factor, but as it spent 6 out of its 10 seasons on NBC itself, probably not, as there was plenty of time for crossovers which never occurred.

As I said before, I know CI was supposed to begin its TV life with a three-way crossover with the Mothership and SVU. And while I completely understand why that was scrapped (as the rumor was the crossover was terror related!), I do wish TPTB (with most names being part of all three shows!) had come up with some new concept to still allow for that big crossover idea.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Maybe moving to (NBC-owned) USA Network was a factor, but as it spent 6 out of its 10 seasons on NBC itself, probably not, as there was plenty of time for crossovers which never occurred.

As I said before, I know CI was supposed to begin its TV life with a three-way crossover with the Mothership and SVU. And while I completely understand why that was scrapped (as the rumor was the crossover was terror related!), I do wish TPTB (with most names being part of all three shows!) had come up with some new concept to still allow for that big crossover idea.

I just wish there had been more crossover cameos from other L&O characters, SVU did that more as they had the DA’s on numerous times, also judges and defense lawyers crossed over, something CI didn’t do as they rarely focused on the legal stuff. It was nice when CI did do crossover cameos, but I do wish they had done something with SVU, and I wish McCoy had appeared on CI, I really would’ve loved to have seen McCoy/Carver interact. At least ME Rodgers was a consistent recurring character on both CI and the Mothership, she was awesome. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I just wish there had been more crossover cameos from other L&O characters, SVU did that more as they had the DA’s on numerous times, also judges and defense lawyers crossed over, something CI didn’t do as they rarely focused on the legal stuff. It was nice when CI did do crossover cameos, but I do wish they had done something with SVU, and I wish McCoy had appeared on CI, I really would’ve loved to have seen McCoy/Carver interact. At least ME Rodgers was a consistent recurring character on both CI and the Mothership, she was awesome. 

As I have often said, with the amount of screen time she got on CI, Rodgers almost seemed like another regular. Always did wonder if Leslie Hendrix appearing on both The Mothership and CI is why, after a time [as I know she did appear early on!], SVU got its own ME in Warner. Maybe Hendrix thought being a regular [or semi-regular] on a third show would be spreading herself too thin...

• Love 3
On 9/20/2021 at 6:50 PM, WendyCR72 said:

As I have often said, with the amount of screen time she got on CI, Rodgers almost seemed like another regular. Always did wonder if Leslie Hendrix appearing on both The Mothership and CI is why, after a time [as I know she did appear early on!], SVU got its own ME in Warner. Maybe Hendrix thought being a regular [or semi-regular] on a third show would be spreading herself too thin...

More likely it's the producers thinking it was too hard to schedule. Just about any actor would spread themselves thinner than the peanut butter in a prison lunch sandwich to play the role of a lifetime and get all those residual checks.

In universe my personal canon is that she specially requested not to work SVU cases so she didn't have to put up with Munch any longer.

• Useful 3
6 hours ago, wknt3 said:

In universe my personal canon is that she specially requested not to work SVU cases so she didn't have to put up with Munch any longer.

LOL! Maybe. But (and I love Bobby Goren, as you well know!) I would think working with Goren would be just as challenging, and Rodgers handled him like a pro! (Although, occasional irritation notwithstanding, there seemed to be a sort of grudging respect for Goren where Rodgers was concerned. And Bobby was kind to her after the stuff with Ross' death went down... [Remember him going to her and rubbing her shoulder or back or whatever, very solicitous. Just before he confronted the Feds and went to Ross' body with Eames...])

• Love 3
5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

LOL! Maybe. But (and I love Bobby Goren, as you well know!) I would think working with Goren would be just as challenging, and Rodgers handled him like a pro! (Although, occasional irritation notwithstanding, there seemed to be a sort of grudging respect for Goren where Rodgers was concerned. And Bobby was kind to her after the stuff with Ross' death went down... [Remember him going to her and rubbing her shoulder or back or whatever, very solicitous. Just before he confronted the Feds and went to Ross' body with Eames...])

I'm sure working with Goren had it's challenges, but I was talking about the personal stuff, not the professional. Goren wasn't constantly asking her out.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah Rodgers was sometimes annoyed with Goren, but she respected him. Rodgers could get annoyed with any detective if they started poking around the body, which Goren loved to do (she also jumped Lupo for it once on the Mothership). 

5 hours ago, wknt3 said:

I'm sure working with Goren had it's challenges, but I was talking about the personal stuff, not the professional. Goren wasn't constantly asking her out.

I didn’t think Munch was constantly asking her out, I only recall him doing it once, in Entitled. I’m sure if Rodgers was that bothered by Munch she could’ve said something to Cragen and Munch would’ve knocked it off. Munch wasn’t the type to constantly push someone to go out with him, he was eccentric but he wasn’t a creep.

• Love 2