Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Hell's Kitchen

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Y'all...It's such a very good thing that I'm alone in the office today!

Because I'm spending what seems like all my downtime reading all the episode thread comments and responding to same! I'm so rewatching this again over the weekend.

"Favorite X topics" makes my mind jump immediately to X-Men and my head goes 'Hey! They aren't a part of the MCU!!'

More's the pity.

I spent a significant part of the weekend telling everyone I know "YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS! IT'S AMAZING!" even as I warned them off the violence. I specifically told my youngest sister "You will want to cover your eyes at the beginning of episode 3 and the end of episode 4." I know what she's squeamish about as I'm the same way.

My other sister, who lives with me, kept coming in and out as I was indulging over the weekend. (I don't think I like the word 'binge' when it comes down to it. Blame my health classes in high school where they specifically warned us girls about eating disorders... casting severe looks at me because I was skinny as hell because I was 16, had high metabolism and worked at a horse farm after school. Anyway...) I like indulging better because that's what it feels like when I do a marathon.

I was up until 2 on Saturday night thinking 'A lot of this is not what I want to be in my head as I'm going to sleep but I have to see what happens next!!' until I finally went to sleep and then still got up at 7 to watch more.

The Devil got in me.

Also love seeing you here GHScorpiosRule! I get such a kick whenever I see a soap poster in the comics areas.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 3

I don't like the word 'binge' either or 'mainlining' as the latter sounds like I'm snorting drugs or something. I think I'll steal your 'indulge' as I'm pretty sure I'll be 'indulging' again over the weekend!

Also love seeing you here GHScorpiosRule! I get such a kick whenever I see a soap poster in the comics areas.

Love seeing you here as well, Dandesun!  At least here, it's a lovefest! And not, well, we won't taint this forum with what that other show drives us to become.

And after indulging in this show on Saturday (after going to the Tidal Basin to see the Cherry Blossoms in full, well bloom, with my sister and mother), I've decided that DareDevil is now my favorite MCU hero. And here I thought it would be Logan/Wolverine forevah!

Course, in the DC and overall, it's Bats. If you didn't know, I think my avatar is a good dead giveaway, heh. Matt/DD is thisclose after Bats. What can I say? Bruce Timm and KevinFucking!Conroy ruined me. Not that I'm complaining.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

I'm Marvel more than I'm DC although I do believe the first super hero story I ever read was the Dark Knight Returns. My brother got it for his birthday or Christmas or something and I stole it to read because it looked interesting. Spider-Man taught me to read back in the 70s on the Electric Company. I watched Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman and Bill Bixby's The Incredible Hulk as well. But when it came to getting really into comics... X-Men all the way.

And one of the first stories I read in X-Men was when Rogue showed up and then 'an unsuspecting Binary returns home' and knocks her ass clear out of the house. You know for a long time, I had a grudge against Carol because I just loved Rogue so so so so so much but over the years I gained an appreciation for Carol in her own right (see avatar.) 

I am the geek of my family. I turned my youngest sister onto computer games and comics and anime and Harry Potter when she was a kid. Now I'm getting my niece and nephews all into Marvel, Star Wars and such. Instead of watching Daredevil on Saturday, I watched Sailor Moon with my niece because no way in hell is she prepared for Daredevil. She's 8. She HAS watched Guardians of the Galaxy, though. And I introduced her and her brothers to Ultimate Spider-Man on Disney as well as Teen Titans GO!

Someone has to look after these children.

• Love 4

I hate Frank Miller. Despise his crazy ass. And I'm not even a hard core geek/fangurl. Just the one line he said in some interview/DVD extra about how Supes and Bats shouldn't be friends, they should absolutely hate each others' guts...how he said it, and the reasons, just well...I think I blanked them out, but I didn't appreciate it.

I hate the way Miller writes women (even more than I hate how Alan Moore writes most women, and that's saying something), but I don't think I graduated to out-and-out loathing until his hideous "I totally meant this not to be a Batman story and DC absolutely didn't refuse to print it" anti-Muslim screed Holy Terror.

Edited by starri
  • Love 4

There are multiple tools online which allow this... :) Use google. Or simply check if it doesn't already exist?

Oh I know, but I'm such a techno turd that I can't remember how to do it. It's not as easy for an iPhone, or rather, smart phones. It used to be soooo easy when I had a flip phone!

How so? I can advise you to simply use Audacity to easily edit sounds and it is free. :)

Well, the thing is, I was able to edit the theme from Batman: Mask of the Phantasm from iTunes (because they didn't have the one from the series!) and a few of my classic Bollywood songs by my favorite singers, using Rainmaker app when I got my first iPhone, two years ago; and I had instructions. But I lost them. And I forgot how to do it. Maybe if I Google "how do I..."????

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

You're right!

And I got the theme from iTunes...and saved it to Rainmaker; just have to wait till I get home to hook my phone to my pc and sync!!!!!! YeeHAW!

And I found a youtube how to sync, so that refreshed my memory. So I start the ring at 18 seconds when my favorite part of the theme starts with those string instruments....I's happee now.  Got my Bats and now Daredevil.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

Got my Bats and now Daredevil.

Quoting myself because I am SUCH a MAROON not to mention an ignorant techno turd! In succeeding in getting the theme for Daredevil, I accidentally overwrote my existing library and now I don't have my Phantasm theme anymore!!!!! WAAAAAAH!!!! or another beautiful song by the incomparable/nightingale of India, Lata Mangeshkar, because in the two years since I created the tones, those songs are now copy righted or something. I kept getting a "unsupportable format or DRM protected" message with those two.

Sure, the theme from this show is some solace, and I can still listen to the song on my phone, but this just BITES!!!!!!. Unless I can find some talented techie who can one day help me find a way to get them back...I even called my carrier to see if there was a way to restore the old library, but no luck. So much for nothing is ever lost. BAH!

(edited)

I was hoping the episodes would be listed here, instead of just an all-season thread. I've just finished episode 3.

*edit. Oh, wait, I've only just seen "S02" up at the top. :) I'll check there.

Edited by Anela