Type keyword(s) to search

Private Eyes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

A good season opener.  Angie has been cleared of wrongdoing, they caught the bad guys, Jules is having a great time in Italy, and all is right with their world.

• Love 1

It was a little too sappy for me. Now that Angie is free again, hopefully they'll get back to the snark. And I prefer Jules in the home environment rather than on a monitor. Hopefully she'll be back eventually.

• Love 1

I really enjoy this show. I watch it on Ion TV in reruns on Tuesday nights. It is light and pleasant with no gratuitous violence. My hope is that Angie and Shade remain platonic like Holmes and Watson on Elementary. Shade and the attorney was a good hookup, Angie seems to have commitment issues. What happened to the handsome policeman from the first season?  I like Mazz and the rest of the cast and look forward to the new season.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:30 PM, paisley said:

My hope is that Angie and Shade remain platonic like Holmes and Watson on Elementary. Shade and the attorney was a good hookup, Angie seems to have commitment issues. What happened to the handsome policeman from the first season?  

They broke up while they were on their vacation in the Caribbean. I don't think we were ever told exactly what went wrong.

• Love 1

I don't suppose the writers knew the Raptors would be in the NBA finals so it was quite a coincidence. Maybe they already knew they would be in the playoffs but not how far they would go.

Zoey and Maz break up and go to the basketball game together.  Maz was certainly having a great time.  I figured Shade would give Maz the tickets.

I thought it was a pretty dull episode and the plot was extremely thin.

And sappy.

Go Raptors!

(edited)

Why do both Frankie Drake and Angie Everett have annoying mothers named Nora? I don't know if it's the same writers on both shows or if they just copy each other.

eta: I wonder if they are going to re-visit the death of Angie's father.  I thought there was some sort of mystery about it and she wanted to find out what really happened.  Or I could be wrong.

Go Raptors!

Edited by Trey
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

It was nice to see more of Jules, even if still on the monitor. I like seeing the paternal side of Shade. The look on his face when the boyfriend's parents asked him to reel in Jules. 😄

• Love 1

I liked this episode best of the season. It was nice to see a new character introduced.  And I'm glad Dad decided to stay in Toronto.

My son doesn't watch the show but he was staying over last night and watched it with me.  I think he enjoyed it even more than I did.

Hey! That's Jason Priestly! Hey! That's Unionville! Hey! I played at that bar! And he recognized all the neighbourhoods they showed.

I liked this episode.  I liked Shade breaking the  stereotype of jock hockey player and knowing about wine, Gordon Pinsent was great to see.  Shade's ex-wife was even less annoying than usual.

Also like the reference to Glen Manor but it's a Beaches residential neighbourhood, there's no bingo hall there.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/25/2019 at 11:07 PM, statsgirl said:

I liked this episode.  I liked Shade breaking the  stereotype of jock hockey player and knowing about wine, Gordon Pinsent was great to see.  Shade's ex-wife was even less annoying than usual.

Also like the reference to Glen Manor but it's a Beaches residential neighbourhood, there's no bingo hall there.

I missed recording this episode and had to go looking for it. I hate when they broadcast a show off schedule.

I actually thought it was a bit of a stereotype. Athletes seem to go into later professions or have hobbies in vineyards, sports bars or restaurants. The episode coming up about dancing is another one, "men don't like dancing".

But I'm glad to see them back to their usual bantering.

Edited by ferjy
(edited)

Nice to have Jules back home. Poor Shade is going to have a coronary when it comes to the time when Jules moves out on her own.

Edited by ferjy
typo
  • Love 1

I can take or leave Jules (although I find her a bit of a Mary Sue), but I'm very tired of the Jules/Liam drama. I had more than enough of it last season.

I'm liking how well Shade and his ex are getting along, and how slowly they are taking Shade and Angie getting together.

I'm impressed with Jason Priestly's dancing..

• Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I can take or leave Jules (although I find her a bit of a Mary Sue), but I'm very tired of the Jules/Liam drama. I had more than enough of it last season.

I'm liking how well Shade and his ex are getting along, and how slowly they are taking Shade and Angie getting together.

I'm impressed with Jason Priestly's dancing..

I think Jordan Clark (Raven) made Jason look good. 😉 She won the So You Think You Can Dance Canada competition in 2011. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, ferjy said:

I think Jordan Clark (Raven) made Jason look good. 😉 She won the So You Think You Can Dance Canada competition in 2011. 

I'm impressed, I didn't know that she was a dancer rather than an actress. Makes the "she's the best dancer" comment even better.

Maybe it was the editing or maybe the choreography but I felt the Priestly was good in the part with Renee Percy too.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm impressed, I didn't know that she was a dancer rather than an actress. Makes the "she's the best dancer" comment even better.

Maybe it was the editing or maybe the choreography but I felt the Priestly was good in the part with Renee Percy too.

You have a good eye. According to this website he took jazz dance classes. Plus his mother was a ballerina and choreographer, so that probably has some influence.

https://jasonpriestleyonline.com/info.html

Edited by ferjy
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

Aargh!  I keep looking to see if it's been picked up by ION in America.  Nothing. I get 5 old episodes every Tuesday, but nothing else.

I think if they're airing repeats weekly, in the evening, it's probably a good bet they'll air the third season.  They just finished airing the second season in the US in April.  At first I thought the second season break was to allow the US to catch up but then the US took a break too. I wouldn't worry about whether or not it'll come back to the US until maybe 2020. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I think if they're airing repeats weekly, in the evening, it's probably a good bet they'll air the third season.  They just finished airing the second season in the US in April.  At first I thought the second season break was to allow the US to catch up but then the US took a break too. I wouldn't worry about whether or not it'll come back to the US until maybe 2020. 

It's just a fun show.  Right now, US TV is a wasteland for summer.  Was hoping for something to watch.  

PE is certainly not Shakespeare, but it's fun and Jason is good eye candy!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, zillabreeze said:

It's just a fun show.  Right now, US TV is a wasteland for summer.  Was hoping for something to watch. 

I get it.  Like I said, I was hoping Ion would eventually air almost concurrently with the Canadian broadcast.  Ion did not listen to me.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I get it.  Like I said, I was hoping Ion would eventually air almost concurrently with the Canadian broadcast.  Ion did not listen to me.

If the PTB would just scooch over to PTV they'd able to program correctly!  

• Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

PE is certainly not Shakespeare, but it's fun and Jason is good eye candy!

He’s also pretty funny. Have you seen him in “Haven”?  It was a U.S. production but it was filmed in Canada (in Nova Scotia ). His affliction (or”Trouble” as it’s called in the show) was very funny and he played it so well. If you find it and don’t want to watch the whole thing, start with Season 2 Episode 4 “Sparks and Recreation”, that’s when he shows up. He was in most of that season. He also directed a few of the episodes.

The actress who plays Becca his ex-wife in PE was in the very first episode of Haven. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1519931/

Edited by ferjy
  • Love 2

Jason was on CP24 this morning promoting BH90210 and doing general interview.  He says they start filming season 4 Private Eyes tomorrow.  Apparently the show is very popular world wide.

• Useful 2
11 hours ago, Trey said:

Jason was on CP24 this morning promoting BH90210 and doing general interview.  He says they start filming season 4 Private Eyes tomorrow.  Apparently the show is very popular world wide.

That's good to hear.

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:09 PM, Irlandesa said:

Season three finishes airing in Canada in the middle of August. Hopefully, those episodes will start airing in the US once it's finished its Canadian run.

• Love 3

For some reason they decided to air last night's episode at 8 pm instead of 9 pm as usual.  So I never even checked at 8 and totally missed it.  After grumping about it for a while, I checked out stations further west and found it playing in Saskatchewan but by then I had already missed 15 minutes of it.

Anyhow, I thought it was a very good episode, what I did see of it.

Just found this forum, and have been itching to talk about this show with others. Gotta say, I'm really enjoying this season so far. Lots of chemistry as usual between Priestley and Sampson, Danica Powers is a decently compelling character, though I kinda wish Maz was a little more involved, but oh well. 

Btw, whatever happened to Detective Nolan, the guy Angie went to the Caribbeans with? Feels like his character's just disappeared entirely since early Season 2. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, CipherDex said:

Btw, whatever happened to Detective Nolan, the guy Angie went to the Caribbeans with? Feels like his character's just disappeared entirely since early Season 2. 

I think he just got written out of the show.

Welcome to the board, @CipherDex.

I checked Global schedule and the show will be airing at 8 pm again next Wednesday.

• Love 1
(edited)

New episode today!

Checked IMDB and found out Danica Powers is confirmed to appear in every episode for the remainder of the season. Honestly thought she'd be more off to the side, but they're really pushing her character. Don't mind too much though, she's very likable and you can definitely resonate with her feeling of insufficiency. 

On another note, do you guys think Angie and Shade get together by the season finale? They've certainly been hinting at it for a while now. If it is going to happen though, I just hope they don't drag out the will they, won't they trope too long. 

Edited by CipherDex
Typo

I like Danica Powers too. But I hope we're not going to lose any of our other characters to make room for her.

If they get Angie and Shade together, I hope they stay together.  But they may stretch it out since there's still season 4 to go.

• Love 2

Yeah, hoping she doesn't cut too much into other established characters' screentime. As it stands, Maz has only been confirmed for one more episode this season from the cast listings shown, which strikes me as a bit odd seeing as he and Powers are supposed to be partners. Zoe's significance has also diminished ever so subtly this season as well. 

Don't mind the lack of Becca though; she can stay the hell away. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, CipherDex said:

On another note, do you guys think Angie and Shade get together by the season finale? They've certainly been hinting at it for a while now. 

I hope not. I get really tired of the entertainment industry thinking that it is impossible for men and women to work together without turning it in to something romantic.

• Like 1

It's definitely been overdone in the TV industry, I agree. Especially in crime drama. They have a great platonic relationship as it stands (Shade and Angie), and taking it the next step would be pretty cliche. 

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing it happen this time around, given their chemistry together and the decent buildup towards it. (It also seems inevitable at this point tbh, so I'd rather accept it) It's not as if this totally came out of left field. 

Whatever happens though, the writers have done a great job so far, I think they'll make either scenario work well.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, CipherDex said:

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing it happen this time around, given their chemistry together and the decent buildup towards it.

I may have to smack myself for saying this because I hate the usual trope but I agree that it seems to work with these two. The chemistry is great between them. The only thing is that, if it happens, I hope they don’t change their general personalities. If they suddenly become lovey-dovey and gooey I may heave. They need to remain snarky toward one another. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/17/2019 at 2:20 PM, CipherDex said:

Yeah, hoping she doesn't cut too much into other established characters' screentime. As it stands, Maz has only been confirmed for one more episode this season from the cast listings shown, which strikes me as a bit odd seeing as he and Powers are supposed to be partners. Zoe's significance has also diminished ever so subtly this season as well. 

Well, that's certainly what happened this episode. At this rate, Powers is gonna be part of the main cast for the rest of the series. But she's a lovable, bumbling dork, so I'm cool with it.

As for Maz, wonder if his training will actually amount to something or if it's just an excuse to to cut down his appearances. Zoe was once again relegated to brief cameos, but it fit well this episode, so no issues there.

Pretty solid episode overall all things considered. Case took a few unexpected twists, Shade and Angie continue their budding relationship (while continuing to be in denial of their growing feelings), just a fun one to watch. 

Also, damn it Don, you had to ruin the moment. 😕

Next episode looks to be pushing the romance factor further, and even more of Powers as well. Looking forward to the awkward interactions that one'll bring.

Edit: Just found out it will air next week after all, not in two weeks, oops.

Edited by CipherDex
Typo
  • Love 1

Spoilers/thoughts for Season 4 castings below:

Spoiler

Returning cast for Season 4 include Jules Shade (Jordyn Negri), Don Shade (Barry Flatman), Zoe Chow (Samantha Wan), Officer Danica Powers (Ruth Goodwin), Nora Everett (Mimi Kuzyk),and Inspector Mathilda Carson (Linda Kash).

Yikes, Maz is really getting written out, isn't he? Guess after he and Zoe broke up, he really had nothing to keep him grounded to the station. Plus he probably had enough of Danica in the short time they spent together. 

Season 4 also welcomes new faces to the cast including Canadian singer and ET CanadaCorrespondent Keshia Chanté who will play Mia, Angie’s friend, and Supinder Wraich (The Beaverton) as Kate, Officer Danica Powers’ girlfriend.

Ah yes, we finally get to meet the girlfriend. Some more about Angie's backstory never hurts either.

• Love 1

New episode today! 

Excited by the premise of this one based on the preview, should be a lot of tension between Shade and Angie here, and I don't think they've gone through an amnesia case yet, that ought be good. 

Once again, Maz isn't in the castings, Danica Powers is, I'm 99% sure by now he's getting written out of the show.

(edited)

S3E10 thoughts/spoilers (not sure if I need spoiler tag, but eh):

Spoiler

Well, as expected, a lot of awkward interactions between Shade and Angie this time around. They're really playing up the trope of everyone seeing what's going on besides them, and I gotta say, I don't remember the last time it was this obvious in a show. 

Damn Danica, looks like you acquired some sass on the job. Not bad.

Nice to have Zoe back too in her supporting role.

Well, at least that therapy session helped clear things up between them. Unfortunately, just not in the right way. 

THANK THE LORD, Shade actually showed restraint. Probably didn't want to explain to Jules (and of course Angie) about how he macked on a reporter for a night, but still, good job not taking the bait. 

Oh Shade, you're so in love you're in denial. Listen to your father, please. Please?

Angie's getting together with a new, formerly amnesiac guy just out of the hospital? Definitely not an impulsive decision. I already hate this guy, wayyy too perfect. Here we go again... Now the question is, will he be gone before or after next season's premiere? Or hell, even by the end of this season? 

Shade, you really blew it here. Should've taken Conroy's advice when you had the chance. All the sexual tension and sparks and it amounts to nothing as of right now. Goddamn it writers.

Two episodes next week to end the season,  Actually only one episode next week (thanks for the heads up fergy), season finale is two weeks following that. If they resolve this temporary relationship t, I'd be pleasantly surprised, but they'll probably keep it going in between seasons for Season 4 premiere views and break them up then. 

Speaking of which, if Angie asks Shade next episode if he slept with that reporter, oh boy, he may just snap at her altogether.  

Edited by CipherDex
Additional details, mistake on scheduling
1 hour ago, CipherDex said:

Two episodes next week to end the season (one on Monday), so if they resolve this temporary relationship by then, I'd be pleasantly surprised, but they'll probably keep it going in between seasons for Season 4 premiere views and break them up then. 

I didn't catch that about an episode on Monday, so thanks for mentioning it.

Since we didn't actually go into the bedroom with Angie and Tex, it may turn out that she broke things off too. 

Next episode looks exciting.  I guess that's Maz's last episode.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Trey said:

I didn't catch that about an episode on Monday, so thanks for mentioning it.

Since we didn't actually go into the bedroom with Angie and Tex, it may turn out that she broke things off too. 

Next episode looks exciting.  I guess that's Maz's last episode.

No problem, I actually didn't notice it myself until I checked the Global scheduling.

You definitely bring up a good point there, it may have just been a one night stand. I don't see Tex listed in any further episode castings either, so who knows, maybe it was a heat of the moment thing. Or producers hid him from the casting credits to not clue us in. (can they do that?)

Hopefully, Maz's last appearance is worthwhile and we get some solid closure. Still, since Blindspot is wrapping up, he could potentially make a guest appearance down the road. At the very least, I hope he knocks some sense into Angie as a parting gift, being the good friend he is. 😉

Wish I saw the preview, but didn't catch the episode live last night, and the Global website version doesn't provide it. What's the basic premise of next episode?

Edit: Just saw the preview. OMG, Maz, what have you gotten into? Did he get captured or coerced somehow or is he working for that gang willingly? That escalated real quickly.

Edited by CipherDex
Additional info

It was just a short bit, showing Shade and Angie approaching a dangerous looking group of guys; someone with his back to Angie/Shade, talking to the group, turns around, and it's Maz.

I did a google search for it but couldn't find it.

Damn Danica, looks like you acquired some sass on the job. Not bad.

I really liked that she called out Angie and Shade on all the work she's done for them and now they owed her😄

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Trey said:

I really liked that she called out Angie and Shade on all the work she's done for them and now they owed her😄

Yeah, she's definitely growing on me as a character. Pointing out all the things she's done that they've taken for granted with Maz operating was a great moment. 

I bet they wish they had Maz back to do those favors for free again, but given the episode preview, it's looking like that's not gonna happen anytime soon...

(edited)
19 minutes ago, ferjy said:

I know they’re leading up to a possible Angie and Shade hookup but there was some major chemistry between Angie and hunky Tex.

They have that Ken and Barbie vibe to them, I agree. Something about the pairing though to me just feels a bit... off as of right now. Maybe because it happened so quickly on the brink of the last episode. Could it work out? Possibly, but I'm not holding my breath on it. I'd be surprised if Tex makes it to the second episode of Season 4. 

Edited by CipherDex
23 hours ago, CipherDex said:

Yeah, he's in Blindspot too, isn't he? Know they're wrapping it up with Season 5 now. Still sad to see him go though, I really enjoyed his character.

Is that the Dotcom guy? I only watched Blindspot for a couple of seasons before it got too shootouts and car chases, but I loved that character.

44 minutes ago, ferjy said:

Is that the Dotcom guy? I only watched Blindspot for a couple of seasons before it got too shootouts and car chases, but I loved that character.

Yep, that's him. I'll be honest though, I mainly watched the show when I did just because Jaimie Alexander was the lead. 🤭

• Love 1