Type keyword(s) to search

Pretty Little Liars (The Original Series)

• Start Topic

Are you kidding me?? 

Seriously the show ended three years ago. It was one of the first shows to blow up completely on social media and live tweeting etc. It was always batshit crazy, creepy and twisted, it wasn't just about straight white girls and included sexiness, what possible excuse could there be to "reboot it for a new generation" so soon? 

Ravenswood and The Perfectionists both crashed and burned quickly, Freeform's  own attempts with The Lying Game and Twisted failed other attempts at teen mysteries have only been so so (including Riverdale) why would this one with new characters succeed?

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1

‘Pretty Little Liars’ “Horror-Tinged” Reboot From ‘Riverdale’ Creator Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa Gets Series Order At HBO Max

Twenty years ago, a series of tragic events almost ripped the blue-collar town of Millwood apart. Now, in the present day, a group of disparate teen girls — a brand-new set of Little Liars — finds themselves tormented by an unknown Assailant and made to pay for the secret sin their parents committed two decades ago, as well as their own. In the dark, coming-of-rage, horror-tinged drama Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin, we find ourselves miles away from Rosewood, but within the existing Pretty Little Liars universe — in a brand-new town, with a new generation of Little Liars.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I dunno, they traded MK for Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, which is more of a side-grade than anything.

They may get one good season out of this -- RAS's other shows started off strong enough -- but if it goes past that it'll devolve into a mess. His shows remind me of Ryan Murphy's in that way.

• Love 1

‘Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin’: Chandler Kinney & Maia Reficco To Star In HBO Max Reboot

The series is scheduled to begin production later this summer at Upriver Studios in New York.

Kinney will play Tabby, an aspiring director and horror movie buff. Like the other Little Liars, Tabby’s hiding a secret.

Reficco will portray Noa, a striving, sardonic track star who’s working hard to get her life back to normal after a summer spent in juvenile detention.

• Useful 1

This brought back so many memories. I, too, was an "Aria is A" Stan. (You're gonna need to set aside some time if you want to watch these; they are long.)

Part three is still to come. I can't wait to see the state of that wall by the end.

• Love 1