Type keyword(s) to search

Northern Exposure - General Discussion

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I have something to say about something in Season 6, but I can't think of a clever subtitle for a Season 6 thread. If anybody wants to start one, I'd be thrilled.

You could always do what I did - go ahead and start a thread, and hope someone comes back with a suggestion for a good title that you can edit in. See: Season 3, 23 Episodes - [stuff happens in Cicely]

Its tricky, though. You want a descriptive title but you don’t want to give away too much about what happens in the season. Like, we wouldn’t want “Season xx - soandso dies, soandso moves away…”

Maybe @BlackberryJam set the bar too high, and just putting the season number in the title is fine. 

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, possibilities said:

I have something to say about something in Season 6, but I can't think of a clever subtitle for a Season 6 thread. If anybody wants to start one, I'd be thrilled.

Not clever, but I started one, and added my giant Up River post to it. 

• Thanks 1

I thought for sure I’d posted here lamenting that the Amazon X-ray feature (where you hit pause and it shows the names of the actors in the scene) wasn’t available for this show. Can’t find that post now, but good news, everyone!  It’s now available. I guess Amazon spent some of that ad revenue money on something I actually appreciate. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

I was a huge fan of Northern Exposure when it was on back in the day and am enjoying rewatching the series on Prime. I agree with all who liked Graham Greene's Leonard Quinhagak's character.  I simply adored him and wish they had made him a regular.  He was so cool.  Also, did anyone catch Elaine Miles in an episode of HBO's This is Us last year during Season 1?   The minute I saw her on the show I pointed at my TV and yelled out, "Marilyn!"  I'm glad to see she's still acting.

• Like 1

This series is a lot wackier than I remembered. But I’m enjoying it. The relationship between Shelly & Holling  is vomitous. How was this received when the show was first run? 

• Like 1

I have the first two seasons on dvd, the ones that came with the little puffer jacket covers. I was so excited when it was on Prime, but I don't have Prime. Been thinking about getting it, but kept forgetting to check if it was the original music. Well, I just ordered the full series on dvd, and the reviews on Amazon claim it's all original music. We shall see, but even allowing for the overlap of what I already own, it's cheaper than Prime. Fingers crossed. Somewhere out there, there was a website that listed all the music, I need to find that again.

What an absolute delight to find this on Prime!  I, too, have the first couple of seasons on DVD (those puffer jackets were a hoot) but it has been heavenly to re-watch after all of these years.  Since I live in a rural area and Amazon is the only game in town, Prime is really paying off!

• Applause 1

There isn't a Season 4 thread, so I'm posting this here.

Last night I saw the Season 4 "Thanksgiving" episode. Liked it well enough -- especially when Chris phoned his old prison buddies on air -- but one thing baffles me:

Toward the end, Marilyn confronts Joel, who is squatting miserably under his desk. She invites him to join the Indians-only Thanksgiving parade, saying: "You're not white anymore." Why? Can't figure that out. 

15 minutes ago, arachne said:

She invites him to join the Indians-only Thanksgiving parade, saying: "You're not white anymore." Why? Can't figure that out. 

He was adopted into the tribe after curing one of the elders.  It started out with a gift of a goat and ended up with him having to give away all of his possessions.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, arachne said:

There isn't a Season 4 thread, so I'm posting this here.

Feel free to start one. Mom & dad have left us on our own here 🙂

Is that the only season we’re missing a thread for?  I’m working my way through it but I’m not that far yet!