Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E10: Matthew McConaughey, John Cena, Hailee Steinfeld, Jamie Oliver, Mark Ronson, Miley Cyrus

• Start Topic

Graham is joined by Oscar-winning Hollywood star Matthew McConaughey, who talks about his new crime drama White Boy Rick, professional-wrestler-turned-actor John Cena and and Oscar-nominated actress and singer Hailee Steinfeld, who both star in sci-fi action film Bumblebee, and chef Jamie Oliver, presenting his latest book, Jamie Cooks Italy. With music from Mark Ronson and Miley Cyrus, who chat and perform the single Nothing Breaks Like a Heart.

I found myself unconsciously/inadvertently whistling "John Cena sucks" after hearing that. Hee.

He was a bit overmannered, but I enjoyed John Cena. The rest of the couch was pretty entertaining, too.

Edited by dubbel zout
parallelism; other stuff
  • Love 1

According to my on-screen guide, Jackie Chan was scheduled to be on the show.  Even the BBC America site says, "Graham's guests include: Jackie Chan, John Cena, Jamie Oliver, Mark Ronson and Miley Cyrus," along with a photo of the couch sans Chan. 

http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/the-graham-norton-show/season-24/episode-10-episode-10

Also, no stories that were posted before the show first aired in England mentioned Hailee Steinfeld being on.  Weird.

31 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

According to my on-screen guide, Jackie Chan was scheduled to be on the show.  Even the BBC America site says, "Graham's guests include: Jackie Chan, John Cena, Jamie Oliver, Mark Ronson and Miley Cyrus," along with a photo of the couch sans Chan. 

http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/the-graham-norton-show/season-24/episode-10-episode-10

Also, no stories that were posted before the show first aired in England mentioned Hailee Steinfeld being on.  Weird.

This has happened before. I find the most accurate way is to check the BBC website on Friday. I think the show tapes either Wednesday or Thursday before its Friday airing so any final guests will be listed there.

Has John Cena gotten hair plugs or something?  He looked weird.

That Bumble Bee movie looks awful. But, also so not my thing so I guess i shouldn’t judge. 

Hearing how strange Matthew McConaughey’s mom is makes me understand him a little more.  No shade, I love him but he (naked) dances to the beat of his own (bongo) drum.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Has John Cena gotten hair plugs or something?  He looked weird.

He usually wears his hair close-cut in the ring, so that's what I'm used to. Maybe he's just grown it out? (He was funny in that Amy Schumer movie.)

• Love 3

He was also funny in the terrible Tina Fey–Amy Poehler movie Sisters. I still giggle when I think of one of his lines: "My safe word is Keep going." Hee. I don't think he's going to give Dwayne Johnson too much competition in the wrestler turned movie actor category, but Cena seems to know his strengths, and he has a good sense of humor.

• Love 7

I thought this one was ok. Hailee Steinfeld seems much older than she is. 

Can't stand listening to Miley sing OR talk. Ugh. I've never heard Mark Ronson speak before. His voice surprised me. Also, I prefer seeing him with sunglasses on.

• Love 2