Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Big Night

Bort

The pressure's on for Steve and DJ to have a perfect date. Meanwhile, back at the house, Steph forbids Kimmy and Fernando from canoodling.

Airdate: Friday, December 14, 2018

This one wasn't my favourite, but it had some alright moments. I did chuckle at the car wash scene at the end. The Kimmy/Steph stuff is fairly fun, though I agree with Steph turning into Wombzilla. Steph's investment with her baby does seem to make her forget that Kimmy already has a daughter so she's gone through this before. 

I did like the Jackson/Rocki plot, even if it was a bit predictable. I would like to see Jackson stand up for himself a bit more. I liked seeing Ramona help Jackson out.

The Steve/DJ stuff wasn't that good for me. I guess I'm still not big on them being a couple; I should be getting over it because they'll likely to stay together for a while. 

• Love 1

I'm taking the obvious La La Land montage as a reference to DJ mentioning Ryan Gosling on her dreamboard in season 2. Continuity, yay?

4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I should be getting over it because they'll likely to stay together for a while. 

See, when my sister told me all the way back in the 90's that she didn't like Steve because his mannerisms and voice were too much like Kirk Cameron, I really haven't been unable to see that. Eating the in-and-out and watching the stars was pretty cute, though.

• Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:58 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I'm taking the obvious La La Land montage as a reference to DJ mentioning Ryan Gosling on her dreamboard in season 2. Continuity, yay?

See, when my sister told me all the way back in the 90's that she didn't like Steve because his mannerisms and voice were too much like Kirk Cameron, I really haven't been unable to see that. Eating the in-and-out and watching the stars was pretty cute, though.

Interesting point.  I'm sure the two are exact opposites but I can see the "resemblance" now that you mention it.  I will gladly take Scott over Kirk any day.

• Love 1

Huh, Mrs. Potts? 

The Jackson/Rocky plot went about the same way I thought it would, but I liked seeing Ramona help Jackson, and I do like Rocky, so I am happy to have her around. Its nice to have someone snarky around in the midst of all the cuteness. 

• Love 2