Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Hackerville

So, what is the Final Mercy ?

At least this episode had lots of Citizen Z and Kaya.

The Hackerville guys were ok, what with the attack of the drones on the Zs (complete with guest appearance by Jason Mewes, the 'Jay'of Jay and Silent Bob from Kevin Smith movies).

The Sun Mei and Red portions were really repetitive.

How the hell does Estes have working cell phones ?  Let alone how is Hackerville connected electronically to anything ?  Sure there are some satellites still functioning, but where is all the power coming from ?

56 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

So, what is the Final Mercy ?

At least this episode had lots of Citizen Z and Kaya.

How the hell does Estes have working cell phones ?  Let alone how is Hackerville connected electronically to anything ?  Sure there are some satellites still functioning, but where is all the power coming from ?

The satellites may still be going but wouldn't cell towers need electricity? Is there some still-functioning nuclear power plant somewhere? Or did Estes strap solar panels on some key cell towers?

Maybe Hackerville has an underground cable connection to the Dam. Yes, their building was likely a hardened facility with multiple power options but how can you sustain generators for this long.

SunMei just confirmed that Murphy's blood holds the answer. Without the right equipment and lots of time, it's useless to her. At least we know Murphy's blood is still potent. 

Citizen Z and Kaya were the bright spots. 

What happened to all the patrons of Limbo? Since cookies disappeared, so did the clientele? Where are the bakers?

Final Mercy: Makes this season seem like set up for the Black Summer spin off to come. The documents says Newmerica was planned to be a Z-free Utopia. Also seemed like they knew about ZN1 and it's variant Black Summer pre-Apocalypse.

Next episode: 10K's hand is on the move! In the sneak peek, Estes says that he is detaining Talkers so they can't vote. Voting is only for the living. 

Edited by 51Muses
Added Final Mercy

When Estes was hacking the doors at Hackerville, the satellite view showed Limbo, Heartland, Pacifica and Altura.  But it also showed 4 real towns -- Coronach, Val Marie and Weyburn (which are in Saskatchewan, Canada) and Plentywood (which is just across the US-Canada border in Montana), which firmly places NewMerica well east of the Rocky Mountains.  Which kind of blows Addie's map out of the water -- her map had Hackerville northwest of Heartland, and Altura/Pacifica southwest of Heartland, while the satellite image showed Hackerville southeast of Heartland and Altura/Pacifica northeast of Heartland.

And the satellite map firmly places Pacifica and Altura where Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan and Regina, Saskatchewan are located in the real world. 

• Love 1
On 12/15/2018 at 12:26 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

This was the least interesting part for me.

I liked the Hackerville detour, especially Roberta saying the password was "mercy" while the hackers were running their programs trying to figure it out, heh.  Kaya being in the office was legitimately tense though I was fairly sure nothing would happen to her.

Doc, 10K and Addie trying to casually play cards when Estes and his goons came in was funny.  Murphy has come a long way, insisting on going with the Talkers.

I liked this one. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Nashville said:

Estes’s pretentious prattle notwithstanding, would Murphy technically be classified as a Talker?  

Personally, I don’t think so.

I don't think so either, Murphy's not actually dead, right?

On 12/15/2018 at 7:30 AM, Ohwell said:

For some reason, I'm just not feeling Red.  Maybe it's the actress.  I'm so sorry they got rid of Sarge because I thought she and 10k were an awesome couple. 

I liked 10K/Red at first, but I have to agree. Not feeling her on her own, she's just not a strong actress.

I really liked Hackerville! Now I know why Jason Mewes was at our local comedy club back in September, heh.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Jordan61 said:

I don't think so either, Murphy's not actually dead, right?

Exactly - and, not to the best of my knowledge.  While it has been established that Murphy’s blood can forestall death and/or reanimate the dead, I do not immediately recall any specific occasion where Murphy himself has shuffled off the mortal coil.

I didn't like it -- just a bunch of over-used "hacker" tropes that made zero sense in the grand scheme of things.  Why not have a plus-sized woman and a Manic Pixie Boy?

On 12/15/2018 at 7:30 AM, Ohwell said:

I'm so sorry they got rid of Sarge because I thought she and 10k were an awesome couple. 

She was better looking as well as a better actress.

On 12/16/2018 at 5:00 PM, Nashville said:

would Murphy technically be classified as a Talker?  

In all the time we've known Murphy, has EVER done anything BUT Talk????

• Love 3