Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Christmas Wishlist

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, jhlipton said:

If there is such a person, wouldn't they know the state of Jo[h]n's finances, and let Delilah know at the time the estate was probated?  Has there been a reading of the will (if one was left) orthe equivalent if he died intestate?

No real mention of finances, I must say, that would be important to me, after my kids. She's alone, pregnant and has 2 children. Wouldn't there be a will or if Delilah never paid the bills, who does it now? Wouldn't she think in between all the days since his death, how is the house getting paid? I'm glad I will never be that clueless.

Nash who never stops blabbing says "The show's creator DJ Nash has promised that all isn't as it seems with Ashley. "I'm sure as social media has suggested, that everyone has a pretty good sense of who they think Ashley is, and we are going to flip that," Nash told IndieWire.

He doesn't know what I think! lol

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, debraran said:

Nash who never stops blabbing says "The show's creator DJ Nash has promised that all isn't as it seems with Ashley. "I'm sure as social media has suggested, that everyone has a pretty good sense of who they think Ashley is, and we are going to flip that," Nash told IndieWire.

Heck, I don't know what I think. LOL

• Love 4
6 hours ago, debraran said:

No real mention of finances, I must say, that would be important to me, after my kids. She's alone, pregnant and has 2 children. Wouldn't there be a will or if Delilah never paid the bills, who does it now? Wouldn't she think in between all the days since his death, how is the house getting paid? I'm glad I will never be that clueless.

I think he feels is is oh so clever and that everyone bought the fakeout kiss between Ashley and Jon as authentic.  He probably hasn't read here where most of us feel it is misdirection and there was never an affair between them.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I think he feels is is oh so clever and that everyone bought the fakeout kiss between Ashley and Jon as authentic.  He probably hasn't read here where most of us feel it is misdirection and there was never an affair between them.

I think Nash, like most showrunners, go by what is said on Facebook and Twitter.  The problem is that the people who post there are the ones that are so in love with this show that they just can't get over themselves.  If showrunners really wanted to know what people thought of their shows, they would go to forums (such has PTV and maybe the reddit forum, if there is one) and see what is said there.  But they won't...my guess is that their egos can't handle it.

3 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I think Nash, like most showrunners, go by what is said on Facebook and Twitter.  The problem is that the people who post there are the ones that are so in love with this show that they just can't get over themselves.  If showrunners really wanted to know what people thought of their shows, they would go to forums (such has PTV and maybe the reddit forum, if there is one) and see what is said there.  But they won't...my guess is that their egos can't handle it.

I think it's a mistake to believe that a showrunner is being willfully ignorant if they don't listen to what some viewers want. Because some viewers like this show fine just the way it is and don't think that TPTB need to listen to those that want them to change things. The people posting here (myself included, obviously lol) are a drop in the bucket. 

Like Ricky Nelson once sang, you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I think it's a mistake to believe that a showrunner is being willfully ignorant if they don't listen to what some viewers want. Because some viewers like this show fine just the way it is and don't think that TPTB need to listen to those that want them to change things. The people posting here (myself included, obviously lol) are a drop in the bucket. 

Like Ricky Nelson once sang, you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

I just wrote a bunch here, realized that it had nothing to do with this episode, and moved it to the media thread.

I forgot this was on, so I just saw this episode. I’m really trying to like this show, but there’s  just so much eye rolling crap going on that I am having difficulty justifying the loss of 40 some odd minutes every week.

• Love 3
On 12/13/2018 at 9:26 AM, HazelEyes4325 said:

No, David Giuntoli is not leaving the show.  Honestly, the show couldn't survive if they lost the fans he brings.  I'm sure we'll see just as much of Eddie on tour as we do now, although he'll probably be drunk.

The only way they would write him out of the show would be temporary so that DG could have paternity leave.

I like DG well enough, but my sticking with this show doesn’t depend on his staying. The show sucks and I can’t stand his character.

On 12/18/2018 at 5:04 PM, Gothish520 said:

Thank you, though it is my own fault for choosing this line of work, lol! One of the nice things about online retailing is that the brick and mortar stores are just not as busy as they used to be. Even Black Friday isn't the hell of years past. 

Obviously, you have never shopped Marshall’s or Homegoods. Those stores were crazy busy the entire Christmas shopping season. So, I get the frustration of standing in line for 20 minutes then having the person in front of you being just a jerk of a human being.

• Love 2

I actually enjoy the show for the most part, but I don’t tune in for Eddie - no offense to the actor, who is very handsome, but has kind of a thankless job here.  

Not gonna lie, the Maggie barfing in Gary’s car scene - and his reaction -  melted my cold dead heart.  

How old is Ashley?  Late 20s? And she’s now somehow responsible for Jon’s business and the finances of a grieving family of three?  Why ... why did Jon think this was a good idea???

Edited by SlovakPrincess