Type keyword(s) to search

Season 15 (Power Trip, 2014): Sounds Like Opposite Worlds

I occasionally try to peer in to UK BB via the approximately 5 million YouTube channels people put up for it, but MAN this show is long (they put out like 70 episodes each edition, and then like twice that number of ancillary shows on top of that).  So I'll have to hear good things about this version probably before I bother.

The early favourites like Pauline always burn out fast - remember when we all thought Wolfie seemed charming and witty?? Chris looks like he will be the token bully victim, which guarantees him at least 5 or 6 weeks, as long as he doesn't flip out, which I don't think he will. He's clearly just sarcastic rather than someone who is genuinely going to piss in the kitchen for shits sake. Annoyed yet again with the tedious age range of people that are 22-27, with a 'baby' and an oldie as tokens. My dark horses to go deep, though, are Kimberley and Christopher. But Danielle, Tamara and Jale are toast. Deservedly.

Yes agree with you on a few points; it was so obvious Chris was being very dry & sarcastic when he said about pissing in the sink and calling everyone bastards, I'm surprised Pauline seems to have missed it? I think she's not being very sensible telling all and sundry what she knows, that is so going to come back home to roost sooner or later, at her age you expect a little more wisdom. Has she never heard the expression 'knowledge is power'? Also think she's not playing a good game by choosing the same people for rewards (she chooses Helen & Mark for another reward tonight, shown on BBBOTS), she needs to spread the love to avoid making enemies. Basically, her 'game' appears to be rubbish, although it is early days, maybe she will wise up?

I predict that Pauline will choose either Chris or Jale as her killer nomination.

I liked Helen initially but I think she's falling into the 'bitchy mean girls' trap by associating with Tamara, if she does go there, I will go off her sharpish.

The choices of HM's are somewhat disappointing in age range yes, plus they seem to have gone for a majority of beautiful, successful (if they're to be believed), very egotistical types. I assume there must be a method in the madness?

Also agree the early favourites usually burn out fast, time will tell.

I'm reserving judgement on the rest for now, although Ash is very easy on the eye :p hope he has a good personality to match :D

(edited)

Yeah, Helen and Pauline are both twisted. Chris had it perfect when he said that Pauline tries to infantilize people. She acts like she's their mother, like she's superior. It's such an insidious form of bullying, IMO. And Helen is just a mega-bitch who constantly looks for reasons to dislike people. She might be more judgmental than Daniele, who literally thinks her values should regulate other people's behavior. Anyway, it's too bad Helen's getting a free ride.

So far, this  season is hitting the mark right on with its theme. Power fucking corrupts.

Edited by Liqidclark

I haven't watched it for five years as I'm into my 5th month of being confined to bed, this one has me strangely addicted. It's relieving the boredom.

I don't know why but it reminds me of Series 3 and the rich/poor divide, the last of the really good BB's in my opinion.

But why oh why do they all lack the tools to say something without every other word being the "f" bomb? Maybe I'm an old fuddy duddy but I loathe it, particularly the girls. It isn't cool, it makes them look cheap and uneducated and chavvy.

The house seems to be building a momentum against Kimberley...I think her unflappability is unnerving some of them...particularly Helen. I wish Kimberley would ally with one of the guys, preferably Ash. She's one of my faves and I see her getting put up for nomination next week, although not sure if the public would vote her out or not.

It's hard to tell from the shows if Chris is the only one who is firmly on the anti-Pauline train, Christopher might be as well, actually. I find her insufferable....I can't believe she thinks it's ok to watch everyone's food intake and call them out it...who made her the food police? Unless she's starving, she needs to mind her own business. 

Anyone still watching?  Not that I blame anyone for not making it through this mess this long...

Nope. I gave up right around the time Pauline was evicted, but I'm still downloading and will probably marathon it in a few months. Apparently the reaction is so bad they're struggling to find people for the next celebrity season.

I saw a bunch near the beginning and gave up.  

From what I've read and heard since, it's pretty nightmarishly bad.  Maybe not quite their version of The Racism Season on BBUSA, but pretty jam-packed full of hate-able pieces of garbage.

I'm quite enjoying it. It has certainly been higher on the misery and brawls and arguments than other years, but they are at least a very interesting collection of people. And we have got a big gay romance, and some sexing between the repulsive Steven and his affectless fembot love interest Kimberly, and it's all coming out now that Danielle, the super catholic virgin lady is a tits-out "show you my lady" saucy web cam girl. I'm kind of loving it.

• Love 1

I'm quite enjoying it. It has certainly been higher on the misery and brawls and arguments than other years, but they are at least a very interesting collection of people. And we have got a big gay romance, and some sexing between the repulsive Steven and his affectless fembot love interest Kimberly, and it's all coming out now that Danielle, the super catholic virgin lady is a tits-out "show you my lady" saucy web cam girl. I'm kind of loving it.

Agree with all of this. I'm still watching, but more out of morbid curiosity than for entertainment at this point!

Steven & Kim are particularly vom inducing respectively and jointly. Blech.

I just started marathon watching it and I must say that I am enjoying this season. There is a lot of bullying and no shortage of conflict, unfortunately, and some moments of people standing up. Popular kids vs. uncool kids and friends becoming enemies and all that.

I really loved how intelligent, rational, and stoic Kim WAS but now I am fearing for her life outside of BB the psychotic way Steven is controlling her. It is very uncomfortable to watch. Kim is just too smart to be a controlled fembot but love can do weird things to people. I hope she is playing him.

I really like Ashleigh for standing up for herself and not becoming Helen's minion and am puzzled at all the boos she is getting from the public. I also love Chris and the always outsider thus far, Christopher.