Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E07: Sir Ian McKellen, Carey Mulligan, Taron Egerton, Michael Buble

• Start Topic

Good one!  However I wish Buble got the usual musical guest treatment of performance followed by 5 minutes of chat.  A little Buble goes a long way.

And conversely one can never get too much of Sir Ian McKellen, he should've been there the whole show.  Loved the lovefest between Sir Ian and Taron.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

A little Buble goes a long way.

I'll say. He's a worthy contender for the Will Smith: Couch Hog Award. At least he wasn't slagging his wife's accent the way he's done in the past. I wonder how good his Spanish is?

His rendition of "I Only Have Eyes for You" was a little too jazzy for me; I like the original, breathy version by the Flamingos.

Once again, Graham was a little mean calling Meghan and Harry's wedding "the good one." I get that Mulligan might not want to speak out of school about the royals, but she could have been a little more forthcoming about the day.

Ian McKellan is so delightfully naughty.

• Love 5
On 11/17/2018 at 3:05 PM, dubbel zout said:

I like the original, breathy version by the Flamingos.

I also like Art Garfunkel's cover of it from the 70s. There's your baby-making music!

I think Carey's dress at the Wedding was my favorite of all the celebs' duds I saw. Up close, that embroidery was really pretty. Looking forward to that Wildlife movie; she's getting super reviews for it. 

Graham was a little mean

His road to riches, that.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, attica said:

I also like Art Garfunkel's cover of it from the 70s. There's your baby-making music!

Yes! Bublé's version was not.

1 hour ago, attica said:

Graham was a little mean

His road to riches, that.

Oh, I know. Sometimes it crosses to the cruel side, though.

• Love 1
On 11/17/2018 at 12:05 PM, dubbel zout said:

I'll say. He's a worthy contender for the Will Smith: Couch Hog Award.

I was a little worried beforehand, but I think he was better than before. It helped that everyone else was so great.

His rendition of "I Only Have Eyes for You" was a little too jazzy for me

For me, too. I didn't mind the song. It sounded nice, but I much prefer the slower, more heart-felt versions.

Anyway, it was a really good couch. Ian McKellan was delightful as usual. Why didn't Graham announce him with "Sir"? I can't remember if they've talked about it before.

Loved Ian's story about dancing with Judi Dench in the Throne Room and then sitting on the thrones. And isn't he a fantastic mimer? The way he lit the cigarette, threw the match away, and all that was so fun to watch. He's just awesome.

• Love 3