Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Best Walking Dead villain - show only!   POLL CLOSED

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best show only bad guy?

• The CDC
    • Shane
    • Rick
    • Joe & The Claimers
    • Phillip; the Governor
    • The Termites
    • The Wolves
    • Negan

TV show only, villains we've seen as of the beginning of S9 only!

Feel free to add comments about who and why.

Let me know if I missed anyone and I'll add them.  We'll see results Sunday the 4th before the episode.

It's so nice to hear all the praise for Shane.  I always felt guilty that I liked Shane so much because he did so many horrible things, especially his attempted sexual assault of Lori.  Who knew that the show would end up spending most of its time and energy glorifying a serial rapist. 

Shane was the REAL DEAL.  Whatever he did, no matter how horrible was out of love and trying to keep his people safe.  Shane wasn't in love with the sound of his own voice and he didn't have to keep bragging about his dick (he had Lori for that!).  Shane didn't have to prove SHIT.  There's no way in hell that Shane would have ended up on his knees for anybody.  Losing Shane left a huge hole in the show that was never filled.

Looking back on Shane, the Governor, Joe and the Claimers and even the cannibal hipsters, Negan is a true come-down as far as villains go.  Every one of the other characters had a purpose, a reason why they turned savage.  They were probably all pretty shitty people pre-ZA but they were REAL. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Looking back on Shane, the Governor, Joe and the Claimers and even the cannibal hipsters, Negan is a true come-down as far as villains go.  Every one of the other characters had a purpose, a reason why they turned savage.  They were probably all pretty shitty people pre-ZA but they were REAL. 

Shane was a bit of a guilty pleasure for many of us, the show did kill off too many interesting characters, both good and bad, way too early. 

Terminus is a great example, with the food situation as it is, now would be the perfect time to introduce that bunch. Nobody is going to resort to cannibalism when the stores are still full of stuff and we’re only a few months into the ZA. It was a fantastic storyline and the ‘trough’ sequence one of the very best ever in the show. That was dangerous, terrifying and had us gripping the armrest, Oh for that nowadays, Yet they rushed through the story in five minutes.

The Gov will always be my favourite Villain, as you say, Real.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Shane was a bit of a guilty pleasure for many of us, the show did kill off too many interesting characters, both good and bad, way too early. 

Terminus is a great example, with the food situation as it is, now would be the perfect time to introduce that bunch. Nobody is going to resort to cannibalism when the stores are still full of stuff and we’re only a few months into the ZA. It was a fantastic storyline and the ‘trough’ sequence one of the very best ever in the show. That was dangerous, terrifying and had us gripping the armrest, Oh for that nowadays, Yet they rushed through the story in five minutes.

Not to pick on Negan (but it’s hard not to, what with how TPTB built him up), but if you were to show a group of people who had never watched TWD two scenes — the Terminus trough scene and Negan’s interminable Do-Ray-Me scene — I think most if not all the people would pick the trough scene as the more suspenseful.

To me, that is THE thing that shows how off-course this show went.

• Love 5

Keeping Shane alive would have meant half of the people I have come to know and love would be dead because Shane only gave a shit about Lori and Carl. And they would probably still be on the farm because he would have slaughtered Herschel and his entire family. He seemed like a half way decent fella until Rick showed up and took Olive Oil back. They had a small but effective camp. Ed was allowed to beat his wife. They sent groups to scavenge supplies and for some odd reason the violent racist was the only one with a gun. He had exactly 6 bullets in his one gun.

I don't agree Shane would have been a better leader than Rick. Don't run me out of town hahaha

• Love 7
5 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

My fav villain was Joe. Joe waited his whole life for the za. He was always the big dude on  the top of the totem pole, the villain. .  Only now he didn't get arrested, or have to go to prison. He was king of the world! Shane was a cop. The only reason he was a good cop was because of Rick. If he had been in the right situation he might have been a dirty cop. The za made him a villain.  The gov always came off as someone with a backstory. Someone who had to kowtow to others in his prior life. Now the za made him king of the world. The termites were suffering from ptsd brought on by Joe's gang of thugs. They were all sorts of messed up. There was  food in stores, homes to eat. Also, there were all sorts of wildlife to eat. I would never kill someone to eat, or eat someone who died. But, I don't fault peeps who eat the dead when there is no other way to survive. I do not fault them because it is easy to state I wouldn't do it when I'm sitting in my home with a kitchen full of food. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, WalkerTalker said:

My fav villain was Joe.

Same here.

39 minutes ago, WalkerTalker said:

The termites were suffering from ptsd brought on by Joe's gang of thugs. 

The initially altruistic Termites were definitely screwed up by a truly twisted invading force of rapists and murderers, to be sure - but where were we ever shown connection between the invaders and the Claimers?  I must’ve missed that.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

My fav villain was Joe. Joe waited his whole life for the za.

Oh, I forgot about Joe. Awesome, he was, and truly frightening and chilling while still seeming real.  I've said this before, that people like Joe, and yeah, Daryl too, actually had their lives improve after the ZA. He got what seemed like minutes, and Negan gets two years. Go figure.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

My fav villain was Joe. Joe waited his whole life for the za.

The fact that Joe was ok with Coral being raped then murdered by one of his dog’s, kind of kept him off the top spot for me, so far off the top spot as it was possible to be.

6 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

The fact that Joe was ok with Coral being raped then murdered by one of his dog’s, kind of kept him off the top spot for me, so far off the top spot as it was possible to be.

I think we need a poll on this.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

The initially altruistic Termites were definitely screwed up by a truly twisted invading force of rapists and murderers, to be sure - but where were we ever shown connection between the invaders and the Claimers?  I must’ve missed that.

Yeah, the Claimers were never linked to Terminus, Daryl did ask Joe if they’d seen the signs for Terminus, he said they had, and thought that Rick, who they were hunting at the time for killing one of their own, might be heading there.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Sounds like a definite “Top Villain” qualifier to me.  ;>

• Love 7
On 01/11/2018 at 11:17 PM, raven said:

I think we need a poll on this.

If it’s not the most one sided poll, I’ll pledge my undying love for Negan! ❤️❤️

And before I do, I demand a recount! 14 to 5? Pah, someone’s hacked the site, I’m blaming The Russians lol

Even as you should be, whimpering at Maggies feet, an Englishman must keep his word, so smiley boy, in a brotherly way obviously, I pledge my love for you will be undying ??

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1