Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Killing All the Books

Addy !!!!!!

I fear for CZ, Nana, Kaya, and JZ -- somehow I don't think they are going to Altura.

Where the hell is 10K now ?   It was kind of cool watching 10K doing his best infiltration moves.

And what is with those guys rounding up Zs to make Z-balls to release upon the countryside ?  Who are they ?  And who are they working for ?

I missed the first 4 minutes -- was there any sign of Murphy ?  If not, that would make him MIA for two episodes now.

Goodbye, Pacifica. I thought it was touching that the Talkers last tasks were to make remembrances.

1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Addy !!!!!!

I fear for CZ, Nana, Kaya, and JZ -- somehow I don't think they are going to Altura.

Where the hell is 10K now ?   It was kind of cool watching 10K doing his best infiltration moves.

And what is with those guys rounding up Zs to make Z-balls to release upon the countryside ?  Who are they ?  And who are they working for ?

I missed the first 4 minutes -- was there any sign of Murphy ?  If not, that would make him MIA for two episodes now.

Murphy is in the next episode, Otto. George, Warren and Doc are with Murphy in the preview.

I can't be the only one cowering behind a pillow when the ball of Zs rolled into the truck with 10K inside. 

I think Pandora and Roman are behind everything. They had a plan to make Altura for humans only. George and the election was used as the "trigger." The cattle prod men had a ZONA feel about them. I'm thinking Red and 10K were not too far from Altura doing their practice session. So, the Z warehouse had to be close to Altura and that's where the truck is headed towards. 

Yes, Addy & the ZWhacker at last. I can't wait to find out what she has been up to. 

As far as factions go, I have the following noted:

- Altura headed by Roman and Pandora. Which settlement is next on their hit list? Is the rolling ball of Zs headed to the next settlement? At least with CZ and family and SunMei there, they can spy on what's happening. 

- Limbo headed by Murphy and populated by Blends and who else??

- The Talker Sanctuary headed by Addy and maybe Dante. Is Addy or her organization the one making the biscuits. Will they get some to Pacifica before they all turn? 

Who knows where 10K will end up? 

BTW, I retract my previous statements that this was the final season. SyFy has not said definitively that it was the final season.  Sorry for the confusion. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 11/3/2018 at 10:36 AM, Ohwell said:

When did Addy show up?  There are so many characters now, somehow I missed her.  Sometimes it's hard to keep up with what's going on.

In the final scene, you see someone walking through the woods carrying a spraycan of red paint and the Zwhacker (also painted red), which is Addy's weapon.

And if you roll back to the scene where Roberta, George and Doc pass the red trail marker, the trail marker is basically the profile of the end of the Zwhacker.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I'm guessing Dante is behind all this, with the plan to use the old zombies to kill the living and turn them into Talkers.  He wants to make more Talkers, the more there are, the more power they have.

Is it my imagination, or are they using the word "zombie" now more than they used to?  I guess that refers to the old, normal zombies?

This season hasn't been as silly as Z Nation has sometimes gotten, but on the plus side there haven't been any real dud episodes either.

6 minutes ago, rmontro said:

Is it my imagination, or are they using the word "zombie" now more than they used to?  I guess that refers to the old, normal zombies?

This season hasn't been as silly as Z Nation has sometimes gotten, but on the plus side there haven't been any real dud episodes either.

It is odd that they are using the word 'zombie' more so, since it's almost always been Zs.

The Ball o' Zs was a good call back, now all we need is for the giant cheese wheel to show up at some point.  :)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

In the final scene, you see someone walking through carrying a spraycan of red paint and the Zwhacker (also painted red), which is Addy's weapon.

And if you roll back to the scene where Roberta, George and Doc pass the red trail marker, the trail marker is basically the profile of the end of the Zwhacker.

Ok thanks.  It's been a while since we've seen Addy so I forgot about her weapon.

1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

The Ball o' Zs was a good call back, now all we need is for the giant cheese wheel to show up at some point.  :)

Yes!  That was the first thing I thought about.

23 hours ago, rmontro said:

I'm guessing Dante is behind all this, with the plan to use the old zombies to kill the living and turn them into Talkers.  He wants to make more Talkers, the more there are, the more power they have.

Have to disagree.  Keep in mind some of the foreshadowing clues already given:

• Some of the Altura post-explosion Zs were noted as wearing work uniforms from a facility located in Florida.
  • The badge Doc took off one of the Pacifica post-explosion Zs identified him as an attendee of a conference in Orlando.
  • When 10K was skulking around between the fleet of cargo trucks, he noticed they all had Florida license plates.

I think TPTB are setting up for next season’s story line: Operation Bitemark + George having to contend with a well-organized Florida-based group which seeks to (a) assert control over the remaining remnants of the USA and (b) destabilize and eliminate movements like NuMerica which could present organized challenge to its authority.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Have to disagree.  Keep in mind some of the foreshadowing clues already given:

• Some of the Altura post-explosion Zs were noted as wearing work uniforms from a facility located in Florida.
  • The badge Doc took off one of the Pacifica post-explosion Zs identified him as an attendee of a conference in Orlando.
  • When 10K was skulking around between the fleet of cargo trucks, he noticed they all had Florida license plates.

I think TPTB are setting up for next season’s story line: Operation Bitemark + George having to contend with a well-organized Florida-based group which seeks to (a) assert control over the remaining remnants of the USA and (b) destabilize and eliminate movements like NuMerica which could present organized challenge to its authority.

Sorry Florida posters, but this, to me, would take us to new levels of horror.  Florida ruling the new world.  I love the way this show hand waves distances so we do get very different groups together. As we've seen with the zombie cheese wheel, once they get rolling they can go a long way.  Although I doubt they can get enough speed to get over the rockies.   

I was verklempt when the talkers helped with the books.  Knowledge is worth saving.  I was also strangely glad the professor showed that he was bit.  With his no so great skills at battling zombies, it would have been hard to imagine he didn't get bit. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Florida ruling the new world.

That would be a hoot.  I would look forward to Florida Man jokes all through the season.  We need some more humor!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

That would be a hoot.  I would look forward to Florida Man jokes all through the season.  We need some more humor!

Plus, you just KNOW the SPFX crew are salivating over the chance to see what they can do with a Zombiecane - a zombie-filled hurricane.  Like a Sharknado, but different.  ;>

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, millahnna said:

I've been trying to remember all season where we last saw Addy last year and about came out of my chair when I saw that bat. I'm so excited. 

The last time we saw Addy on screen was at the end of Episode 2 of Season 4 -- after killing the soldier that was keeping Addy captive, Addy picks up her Zwhacker and staggers off into the woods (complete with eye patch over her right eye).

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1
On 11/4/2018 at 11:26 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

The last time we saw Addy on screen was at the end of Episode 2 of Season 4 -- after killing the soldier that was keeping Addy captive, Addy picks up her Zwhacker and staggers off into the woods (complete with eye patch over her right eye).

my memory of season 3 is a bit shaky, did we see how Addy lost her eye? or did she just show up with the eye patch after the time jump at the start of season 4?

5 hours ago, BasilSeal said:

my memory of season 3 is a bit shaky, did we see how Addy lost her eye? or did she just show up with the eye patch after the time jump at the start of season 4?

The answer is the latter -- Addy got her eye patch off-screen between S3 and S4.

At the end of S3, Addy tackles The Man and pushes him off the cliff to save Lucy, and then Lucy also jumps off the cliff followed by 5K.

Then in the first episode of S4, Lucy and Addy appear getting out of a pickup truck and Addy now has her eye patch.

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

The answer is the latter -- Addy got her eye patch off-screen between S3 and S4.

At the end of S3, Addy tackles The Man and pushes him off the cliff to save Lucy, and then Lucy also jumps off the cliff followed by 5K.

Then in the first episode of S4, Lucy and Addy appear getting out of a pickup truck and Addy now has her eye patch.

Thanks for that. I thought that was the case but i couldn't remember who apart from 5K jumped off the cliff. so did Lucy and Addy break their fall by landing on top of The Man or something?

Another bit i remember from the start of season 4 was some discrepancy between what Red saw re 5K and what 10K saw, 10K appears to see 5K's body, Red thinks he's gone and she might see him again, yet again i wonder if there's a reason for that or it's just sloppy writing, there's been some crow symbolism in this season so far, so maybe that has something to do with 5K? for some reason.

Also re Cooper, first rule of the apocalypse, as stated by Murphy himself, 'if you didn't see him die, then he's not dead'. Mario will be back.  I'm also starting to wonder if Newmerica is some sort of hunger games / Westworld type set up by the gamesmasters, they want the different factions to fight rather than form a unified country, for er, some reason.

But i'm speculating on stuff that may already have been resolved in the episodes that have aired past this one, i'll come back when i've caught up to the latest one.