Type keyword(s) to search

S02E04: All That Matters

CooperTV

I have never really liked this show.  Out of all the military shows that came out last year this was by no means my favorite.  I miss The Brave any way I thought the scenes with Jason  mourning for his wife were really well done.  This is a guy who genuinely expected to go first.  He has no idea how to mourn his dead wife and how to help his children mourn.  His whole thing of “keep pushing forward” just doesn’t work for this kind of thing and the scene with the teacher and him realizing just how much he doesn’t know about his children....honestly I found the home stuff a lot more interest then the military stuff.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

Hadn't  watched the show until the last couple of episodes.  I love the angst between the Seal career and the family's needs.  I was kind of surprised that he set his Seal career aside for the family. I'm hooked, very interested to see where this is going.

• Love 1

Jason finally figured out how not to be a jerk.  All it took was Alana ordering him a photo album.  

Sonny is my favorite character. He gets all the one-liners.    Ray is my next favorite.  I’d be okay if Jason fell off the edge of the earth. 

• Love 2

Did anyone else find it incredibly odd that Alana asked for a divorce, went through with it, and then when he was going to move out she got him a gift with a photo of them as a couple with “Forever and a day” on the front with all kinds of mushy photos of the two of them in it? This guy didn’t want a divorce to begin with and it felt really weird to me. 

Will be interesting to see where they go with this. I sincerely hope this first mission without Jason doesn’t go sideways and pull him back in. Sincerely, this guy needs to be with his children right now.

Edited by Lunula
  • Love 7

The scene in the kitchen with his mother was ridiculous.  He is telling her things need to get done.  He is correct.  She screams that his children need him.  I saw him having just went past their rooms.  They had every chance to approach him.  For hours on that day, and those previous.  He had not worked out if he was willing to deal with the gargantuan elephant in the room:  Return to active duty, or not.  If yes, what would that look like?  What's he supposed to do, lie to them that everything would be OK?

I thought the go ahead for the FSO rescue plan was a joke, as well.  Is everyone a Mitch Rapp?  Each head shot landed.   Puhleaze.

• Love 1

Jason does need to be with his kids (and oh his mother was SO WRONG) but I'm curious what this means for the show going forward.

Is it going to be split between SEAL missions and Jason’s adventures in civilian life?

And yeah that housewarming gift was super odd.  It would have made more sense if it was something she ordered when she thought they were going to stay together, not to send him off into single life.

I thought for sure the green team leader was going to be red-shirted since they made such a big deal about him coming in from training missions.

What was up with the one guy watching the monitors, hearing something, getting up and leaving the screens, and then...nothing.  That seemed to be all smoke and no fire.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

I thought the go ahead for the FSO rescue plan was a joke, as well.  Is everyone a Mitch Rapp?  Each head shot landed.   Puhleaze.

It is easy to be special when the enemy stands up in the open. Sergeant Saunder's regular squad of draftee GI's on Combat did a lot better job of moving to contact than Bravo when Senior Chief Perry saw the sniper.

5 hours ago, mojoween said:

I thought for sure the green team leader was going to be red-shirted since they made such a big deal about him coming in from training missions.

There is always next week, we did end at the beginning of the firefight at the secondary objective

Edited by Raja
12 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

The scene in the kitchen with his mother was ridiculous.  He is telling her things need to get done.  He is correct.  She screams that his children need him.  I saw him having just went past their rooms.  They had every chance to approach him.  

Totally agree with the scene with mom in the kitchen. Yeah, he needs to be there for his kids, but was a bit dramatic to yell at him like that. 

But, I think the kids hanging out in their rooms, completely numb and confused and not knowing what the hell they need was on point. My older sister died in a car accident when I was younger and I was totally shell-shocked. To have someone ripped out of your life so suddenly like that is beyond comprehension. Jason absolutely does need to pay attention to them and he absolutely needs to be the one who walks into their room and tell them he is there for them, not the other way around.  

• Love 2