Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
nodorothyparker

S09.E02: The Bridge

On 10/15/2018 at 7:41 AM, icemiser69 said:

The dude is too good of an actor.  This series could use more like him.  I still miss Black Sails.

That's what I've been thinking ever since Vane popped up on set.  At least he's keeping his pants on this time around.

On 10/15/2018 at 7:41 AM, icemiser69 said:

So is it safe to assume that Anne was playing a "hymn" using Father Gabriel's "organ"?  She did tell him that he could still be on watch, so I assume that's what happened.

Well, Prayin' Gabe has always had a thing for organists.

On 10/15/2018 at 8:06 AM, icemiser69 said:

I would hate to be the poor son of a bitch that has to round up all of those logs and then clean the walker guts off of them.  I assume all of those logs are being used to complete the bridge.

Ahhh, don't worry - once the bridge is built, the creek will rinse the gunk off the logs.

They could have used Aaron's amputated arm for food if need be.

Well, Aaron's arm was already tenderized pretty good....

On 10/15/2018 at 4:07 PM, icemiser69 said:

It certainly does make me wonder who the target audience is for TWD.  M*A*S*H ran from 1972-1983.

And what's your fucking point...?  ;>

Edited by Nashville
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Nashville said:

And what's your fucking point...?  ;>

Glad you are back, I hope you are going to stick around for the rest of the season.  I was hoping that you would have posted in FTWD, but I guess you lost interest.

Back on topic.

6 hours ago, Nashville said:

That's what I've been thinking ever since Vane popped up on set.  At least he's keeping his pants on this time around.

I was hoping that Justin would have gotten more air time.  Since we see him meeting up with someone at the end of this episode, I suspect he will be off screen for awhile, especially since he bailed on Rick. 

Edited by icemiser69
  • Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 7:02 AM, OoohMaggie said:

My money is on a fake ‘comedy arm’ like Merles and will end up hanging Down by his knee, but what attachment are they going to stick on the end?

I hope Eugene builds him some kind of zany Swiss army prosthetic with like a knife, a telescope, a gun, a lighter, a flashlight, an entrenching tool, a saw, both kinds of screwdriver, a can opener, a bottle opener, a pair of scissors, a shoehorn, a slingshot, a grappling hook, and that little awl-thing for punching an extra belt loop that always ends up being the thing you use most besides the actual knife blade. Then we can call him Swiss Arm-y A-A-ron and he will be the most fun person on the entire show.

Bonus points if they're all spring-loaded and controlled by an improbable bunch of little tiny buttons, so hilarity can ensue whenever he tries to hit the "Kabar" button and ends up having to to kill an opponent with a Pez dispenser.

Extra extra extra bonus points if said Pez dispenser is in the likeness of either Fonzie or Foghorn Leghorn.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Like 6

On 10/16/2018 at 6:29 PM, Save Yourself said:

Rick needs to put on his murderin’ jacket, he’s become Samson without his hair. 

Better yet, Rick needs to get fatally back-stabbed by a Savior in order to send Michonne onto a murderous rampage of awesomeness.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Nashville said:

No kidding. I started to get a little worried when he joined the cast, as he does seem rather partial to the full-frontal presentation, but I thought, "This is TWD you're talking about. No chance of that." I'm not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed.

7 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

Better yet, Rick needs to get fatally back-stabbed by a Savior in order to send Michonne onto a murderous rampage of awesomeness.

Yeah, but she still wouldn't kill Negan, since keeping him unharmed would also be Ricky's last wish, kind of a family tradition. Judith will end up caring for Negan.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Like 2

So, they blatantly ripped off the 'cut the rope and let the logs roll over the enemy' idea from Disney's Swiss Family Robinson...

It took me quite a while to realize that the woman talking to Father PP was Jadis.  She looks (well, and obviously sounds) so different from the previous seasons.  

Rick just doesn't seem like the Rick Grimes of years gone by-especially with the hair cut.  It just seems wrong.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2018 at 8:00 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

Also triple points for the walker herd and Rick taking them down with rolling Lincoln logs.  Realistic that most of them would be so decomposed their heads would just squash immediately. 

FTFY

• Like 1

On 10/14/2018 at 10:30 PM, Straycat80 said:

I am enjoying this season so much more than last season. Mainly because it's not all about war and Negan. And as long as Negan stays behind those bars I'll continue enjoying this season. 

This season is so much more interesting. I like seeing all the construction projects at the various communities. It's like watching HGTV. I hope the Property Brothers or Mike Holmes shows up on how to rebuild the destroyed homes :)

• Like 4

12 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

It took me quite a while to realize that the woman talking to Father PP was Jadis.  She looks (well, and obviously sounds) so different from the previous seasons.  

Talking in complete sentences does really seem to enhance a person’s sex appeal, don’t it now?  :>

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nashville said:

Talking in complete sentences does really seem to enhance a person’s sex appeal, don’t it now?  :>

I’m not so sure, I always found “I lay with him after, you care?” rather appealing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I’m not so sure, I always found “I lay with him after, you care?” rather appealing.

Well, who wouldn't be flattered by that?  The fact that Rick kept going back to the garbage people after they double crossed him over and over and Jadis/Anne shot him made me think maybe he was, even if just a little.

• Like 3

She "had to" amputate? It was "the only way to stop the bleeding"? The pain meds "wouldn't kick in in time?!

WTF. That arm looked gnarly, but it was barely bleeding. Make a tourniquet and pump the guy full of morphine before you amputate something for gods sake. It's not like you have to be scared of tissue damage if you are going to amputate anyway.

• Like 1

On 15.10.2018 at 5:52 PM, nodorothyparker said:

If they're going to keep Tara around, they're actually giving us the right amount of her this season so far.  She pops up for a line here or there and then goes back to her lookout duties.  Limit her to this and I won't complain.  It's when the show elevates actors beyond their abilities to the point of building whole episodes around them that they become intolerable.

If I could have replaced any appearence of Negan last season with Tara, I would have in a heartbeat. Not saying Tara is great, just saying there is so much worse on this show.

• Like 1