Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: The Mountain And The Viper: Speculation Thread

• Start Topic

I usually watch GoT with my Unsullied sister, and I was with her for the Red Wedding and was super anxious for the entire episode. And I don't even like the Starks that much. This will be like 3x more intense for me and might have to leave the room when it happens, but I don't want to give anything away. Perhaps I'll just tell her I can't watch it with her this week, for unrelated reasons.

From the pictures it looks like Sansa takes off her wedding ring. Probably before the meeting with the lords, a ruby ring that large is a bit beyond Littlefinger's niece. Maybe whatever he says to her to get her to take it off is what prompts her to take initiative in the meeting.

I don't think it's so much the happy ending as that they feel like it wouldn't make sense story wise to introduce Oberyn without having him do anything. They don't know that he's more of a Dornish Ned Stark. Someone who's death moves other players forward.

• Love 2
(edited)

It's funny that after everything that happened, they still think there will be a happy ending to anything on this show. Haven't they learned anything?

The show itself tried to warn them.

Oh well, war will make them old as it did us... for they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming. 

I don't think it's so much the happy ending as that they feel like it wouldn't make sense story wise to introduce Oberyn without having him do anything. They don't know that he's more of a Dornish Ned Stark. Someone who's death moves other players forward.

I think a lot of people are also tying Tyrion's death too closely with Oberyn's. "Oberyn can't die cause that means Tyrion would be executed, and they'd never kill Tyrion."

No one is entertaining the possibility that Tyrion could have another narrow escape. It's a testament to how well the show has played Tyrion's desperation.

Edited by Maximum Taco
  • Love 2

Well, when they reintroduced 3gor Clegane, he was skewering someone in a mustard-colored cloak, wasn't he? I thought that was a bit of foreshadowing, but it doesn't seem as if it's come up in the Unsullied threads. But man, I can't imagine what people are going to be saying about Tyrion's fate after Oberyn's death.

As we get closer to show time, I'm finding I'm getting more excited about Jorah's exile.

I'm really hoping they keep in the "Daenerys, I have loved you." line. I'm looking forward to everyone's heart breaking (including me, seriously, if they do it right it could be more gut wrenching then Oberyn's death.)