Type keyword(s) to search

Buffy Calendar

• Start Topic

A large portion of the early online fandom (the G.A.S.P'ers* and such) were ASH fans who had followed him over from his role as Oliver.  Given that there was apparently a hypodermic in a case that was rather prominent in V.R.5, one wonders what they thought of Helpless.

*-Giles Appreciation Society Punters, IIRC.

Edited by Halting Hex

Mrs. Teasdale must really have liked West Beverly High, since she stayed on staff (albeit under a new name) when the school moved up the coast.  (Torrance HS played both schools, for any who don't know.)

Back solely  on this show, do we think the Millers are married?  (Mr. "They always go for 'E'" Miller first appears in I Only Have Eyes for You, although he did have a scene in Innocence that was cut.)  Certainly possible, although it is a quite common surname, of course.

2 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

Mrs. Teasdale must really have liked West Beverly High, since she stayed on staff (albeit under a new name) when the school moved up the coast.  (Torrance HS played both schools, for any who don't know.)

Back solely  on this show, do we think the Millers are married?  (Mr. "They always go for 'E'" Miller first appears in I Only Have Eyes for You, although he did have a scene in Innocence that was cut.)  Certainly possible, although it is a quite common surname, of course.

And Anya was an alumni

8 hours ago, Joe Hellandback said:

And Anya was an alumni

Of California U, not West Bev.  Go Condors!

I suppose we could say that "Susan Keats" really was Anya all along and that whole season was just her working some really subtle vengeance on Brandon.  But then, Anya hardly does "subtle" well…

17 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

Of California U, not West Bev.  Go Condors!

I suppose we could say that "Susan Keats" really was Anya all along and that whole season was just her working some really subtle vengeance on Brandon.  But then, Anya hardly does "subtle" well…

Now that's a fanfic waiting to happen!

11 hours ago, lembergwatcher said:

February 22

1972 - Dagney Kerr, an American actress, writer and producer who portrayed Kathy Newman in S.04E.01 The Freshman and S.04E.02 Living Conditions.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-F6SHgMQb7l.thumb.jpg.e7fa91b9103291fd799e843fa0e1a34f.jpg

Always had a thing for her, she's great in Desperate Housewives. 

February 26

1970 - Derek Anthony, an American actor who played Imposing Demon in Buffy's S.07E.12 Potential, dying black man in Angel's S.01E.21 Blind Date and hotel security guard in Angel's S.02E.05 Dear Boy.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-U2Jipd3HA2pa.thumb.jpg.ea5e1f0316e63888a06ea0e7b6a268f9.jpg

1975 - Drew Goddard, an American writer and producer who wrote five episodes of the seventh season (Selfless, Conversations with Dead People, Never Leave Me, Lies My Parents Told Me, Dirty Girls).

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-jySxf57FjqcgSJ0.thumb.jpg.de25b55ced19b704b30e46e116275f2a.jpg

2 hours ago, lembergwatcher said:

1975 - Drew Goddard, an American writer and producer who wrote five episodes of the seventh season (Selfless, Conversations with Dead People, Never Leave Me, Lies My Parents Told Me, Dirty Girls).

The man who brought us "Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain, mwah-ha-ha!" AND Jonathan's fucking ode to his fucking locker combination AND "I saw your penis; you can be a good man" AND "More importantly, I'll let him*" AND Xander getting his eye gouged out?  JFC, what a pox on the world.  Maybe Kendra knows where I can find a blessed sword with which to send him to Hell?

*—yes, yes, he and Fury rewrote each other on Lies, so nobody really knows who to blame for which portion of the shit.  But as Goddard gave us the FIVE FUCKING SPUFFY scenes of 7.09, whereas Fury earned the fury of the Spikettes over Crush, I'll irrationally blame Drewski, regardless of what the actual facts might be.  

• Love 1

Pretty good at directing semi-erotic moments, I guess. You've got Buffy and Angel falling to the bed, Willow/Xander footsie, Buffy/Faith dancing…not sure what qualifies in Pangs, though.  Maybe Anya panting over Imaginary!Xander?

I mean, Spike tied to a chair and shot through with arrows makes me happy, but I'm not prepared to say it's that kind of a happy, necessarily…

8 hours ago, lembergwatcher said:

March 4

1948 - Wesley Mask, an American actor who portrayed Professor Roberts in S.05E.12 Checkpoint.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-UYKkofOqdwnQ.thumb.jpg.28b80fdcb15046af917b9fa088190357.jpg

1993 - Abigail Mavity, an American actress who played 8-years-old "Sara Harris" in S.06E.16 Hell's Bells.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-xsyHUcezd2Q0q1.thumb.jpg.2690e7f8d34ee1f269cd31fe53b5efa6.jpg

Awwww, what a cutie

March 5

1946 - Michael Warren, an American actor who played Doctor in S.06E.17 Normal Again.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-SyrxrQi648xFDE.thumb.jpg.6e5e416495fa6f7e9d7a4dcc9cfce844.jpg

1959 - David Fury, an American writer, producer and actor who wrote 17 episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (S.02 - 07) and 12 episodes of Angel (S.01 - 05). Also played Mustard Man in Buffy's S.06E.07 Once More, With Feeling and appeared in three eps of Angel (as First Worshipper in S.02E.15 Reprise, Tropicana Guest in S.04E.03 The House Always Wins and Gregor Framkin in S.05E.14 Smile Time).

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-MvJq4Lu8ja.thumb.jpg.068b9fc06d5c688c2298bcb860c63906.jpg

1979 - Riki Lindhome, an American actress, writer and producer who portrayed Cheryl in S.07E.06 Him.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-BEnW8qeR1CMK7yR.thumb.jpg.201c7a241bdac6db00745e56fbba9388.jpg

"Dr. Bobby Hill" was also an outstanding college basketball player, being one of the starting guards on the 1967 and 1968 national championship teams for UCLA, where he was one of three All-Americans, alongside Lucius Allen and Lew Alcindor (later Kareem Abdul-Jabbar).  He's a member of the UCLA sports Hall of Fame.

On a much sadder note, for any who don't know, Buffy lost her Pike today, when Luke Perry died of complications from a massive stroke, at the insanely-young age of 52.

maxresdefault-1.jpg?fit=1280,720

Buffy-the-original-buffy-the-vampire-sla

RIP, kid.  Say hi to Benny for us… 😢

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, lembergwatcher said:

Wow... That's really SAD...

He starred along with Alyson Hannigan in 2004's stage adaption of When Harry Met Sally...

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-4mWHvBFT7DAJMm.thumb.jpg.4d992d301e69752f3d6a046891596a2c.jpg  

when-harry-met-sally-theatre-royal-haymarket-luke-perry-alyson-hannigan-AR1A5D.jpg

quand-harry-rencontre-sally-theatre-royal-haymarket-luke-perry-alyson-hannigan-alastair-muir-ar1a5a.jpg

quand-harry-rencontre-sally-theatre-royal-haymarket-luke-perry-alyson-hannigan-alastair-muir-ar1a59.jpg

Yep, went to see that and they were both excellent. So sad, I'd love the Buffy comics to do a little tribute, a small cameo from Pike etc. 

March 7

1974 - Lawrence "Larry" Bagby III, an American actor and musician who portrayed Larry Blaisdell in six episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (S.02E.06 Halloween, S.02E.15 Phases, S.03E.01 Anne, S.03E.09 The Wish, S.03E.18 Earshot, S.03E.22 Graduation Day, Part 2).

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-JeyLbHhPYe.thumb.jpg.487e2c5ba20d3885b3f8b95330d8d031.jpg

March 8

1972 - Angie Hart, an Australian singer-songwriter and actress who appeared in S.02E.19 I Only Have Eyes for You, S.04E.01 The Freshman and S.07E.07 Conversations with Dead People.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-UQlZlmZZCAzm.thumb.jpg.53633f3a5bda430994e255cf66a68c62.jpg

1981 - Lisa Jay, an American actress who played Linda in S.07E.08 Sleeper.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-WVp0rsYBex.thumb.jpg.75e71e83210c96dec0d26cbaf7fa7516.jpg

Did not know Angie Hart was Australian.  Love all of her appearances, wish there'd been more.

Lisa Jay looked smoking hot in her Season 8 Charmed guest shot, "Repo Manor", but of course her career didn't exactly take off like a rocket after that.  Oh, well.  I blame Spike.  (Logic?  Who needs logic?)

March 11

1946 - Mark Metcalf, an American actor who portrayed The Master in six episodes of the first season (Welcome to the Hellmouth, The Harvest, Never Kill a Boy on the First Date, Angel, Nightmares, Prophecy Girl) plus S.03E.09 The Wish and S.07E.01 Lessons.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-DJzhrQiGFwN.thumb.jpg.67989032d11ca4dca233a5e4a2edf18b.jpg

1977 - Megahn Perry, an American actress, writer and producer who played Theresa Klusmeyer in S.02E.15 Phases.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-BnB6hZESZGCLYys.thumb.jpg.6b3ea6eb180be8b7a102be2992f202ab.jpg

• Love 1
4 hours ago, lembergwatcher said:

March 13

1930 - Harrison Young (d. 2005), an American actor who played an Old Man in S.03E.01 Anne.

2tq64o.thumb.jpg.0eb4af6571d8cf8814231c9e0caf68e9.jpg

1984 - Rachael Bella, an American actress who portrayed the Dead Girl in S.07E.01 Lessons.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-lTVl8yrQkdTa2e.thumb.jpg.4110bc57f23e7bbe1c84325d0d62245f.jpg

Harrison Young the old Jams Ryan in Saving Private Ryan. Can anyone tell me the actor who links this to Buffy in 1?

Aside from Harrison Young himself?  Well, Nathan "Father Talkypants" Fillion, of course, who gives IMO the best performance of his career as the "wrong" Private Ryan.  He completely blows Matt Damon (who sucked) out of the water in his three minutes of screentime, I thought. 

Which is why when Fillion gets all hammy (such as here), I get disappointed.

• Love 1
On 3/10/2019 at 8:02 PM, lembergwatcher said:

March 11

1946 - Mark Metcalf, an American actor who portrayed The Master in six episodes of the first season (Welcome to the Hellmouth, The Harvest, Never Kill a Boy on the First Date, Angel, Nightmares, Prophecy Girl) plus S.03E.09 The Wish and S.07E.01 Lessons.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-DJzhrQiGFwN.thumb.jpg.67989032d11ca4dca233a5e4a2edf18b.jpg

1977 - Megahn Perry, an American actress, writer and producer who played Theresa Klusmeyer in S.02E.15 Phases.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-BnB6hZESZGCLYys.thumb.jpg.6b3ea6eb180be8b7a102be2992f202ab.jpg

Oops, I missed this one!  And now I want to write a fic where the Master sires Theresa.  Because Megahn is too pretty to age 😍.

Megahn-Perry-Feet-1404878.jpg

Pic of Megahn that I found on WikiFeet (via Google).  Really, dudes?  In that picture, you're looking at her feet??  Well, they call it a fetish for a reason, I suppose.  But even so.

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

Pic of Megahn that I found on WikiFeet (via Google).  Really, dudes?  In that picture, you're looking at her feet??  Well, they call it a fetish for a reason, I suppose.  But even so.

Until you mentioned it,  I didn't even realize that she HAD feet.

Not to make this all. About. Me, but I can't wait for who lembergwatcher finds for my birthday. Better be someone(s) good. No pressure.

3 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

Aside from Harrison Young himself?  Well, Nathan "Father Talkypants" Fillion, of course, who gives IMO the best performance of his career as the "wrong" Private Ryan.  He completely blows Matt Damon (who sucked) out of the water in his three minutes of screentime, I thought. 

Which is why when Fillion gets all hammy (such as here), I get disappointed.

Nicely done. 

2 hours ago, lembergwatcher said:

You mean, a fic about ressurected Master disposing of Spike and Dru, turning Angel into his pleasure slave, siring Theresa and draining Oz dry? I like the idea 🙂 

So Tara and Darla both get to live and Amy and Jenny defeat the Master?

March 14

1970 - Meredith Salenger, an American actress who portrayed Grace Newman in S.02E.19 I Only Have Eyes for You.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-jRgrkqdwQbS.thumb.jpg.78addb39b275dc70426b6a3f456936c4.jpg

1980 - Mercedes McNab, a Canadian actress who played Harmony Kendall in 15 episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (S.01-05) and 17 episodes of Angel (S.02 & 05).

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-YrA691AiMMMwpB.thumb.jpg.e8b1a31494dc7a42cf51ed9ffad810d9.jpg

4 hours ago, lembergwatcher said:

March 14

1970 - Meredith Salenger, an American actress who portrayed Grace Newman in S.02E.19 I Only Have Eyes for You.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-jRgrkqdwQbS.thumb.jpg.78addb39b275dc70426b6a3f456936c4.jpg

1980 - Mercedes McNab, a Canadian actress who played Harmony Kendall in 15 episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (S.01-05) and 17 episodes of Angel (S.02 & 05).

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-YrA691AiMMMwpB.thumb.jpg.e8b1a31494dc7a42cf51ed9ffad810d9.jpg

Did not realize Meredith was married to Patton Oswalt.  She looks so cute in that clip from Natty Gann.

OTOH, I've always felt Mercedes is a bit of a horse-face.  But she's got a thoroughbred body, I'll agree.

And today's fanfic challenge is…Spike and Harmony get possessed by Hissyfit James and Inappropriate Grace!

"I can't stand being without you, Blondie Bear!"

"Oh, piss off!"

The title is, of course, Don't Walk Away From Me, Love's Bitch!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

Did not realize Meredith was married to Patton Oswalt.  She looks so cute in that clip from Natty Gann.

OTOH, I've always felt Mercedes is a bit of a horse-face.  But she's got a thoroughbred body, I'll agree.

And today's fanfic challenge is…Spike and Harmony get possessed by Hissyfit James and Inappropriate Grace!

"I can't stand being without you, Blondie Bear!"

"Oh, piss off!"

The title is, of course, Don't Walk Away From Me, Love's Bitch!

Natty Gran, that's just what I thought! Shame MM seems to have given up acting, wonder what she's doing now?