Type keyword(s) to search

Buffy Calendar

• Start Topic

clarekramer01.jpg

That thing in the middle of her forehead must be a mole, rather than the less-than-godly zit I thought it was.  (I still would have had it fixed, though.)

474full-clare-kramer.jpg

One of the benefits of atheism is that if someone makes a good case for being worshipped, I'm a free agent.  Just saying.

clare-kramer-2014-saturn-awards-in-burba

clare-kramer_330567.jpg

Nice to see she kept in touch (pun) with Son of Sobek's relatives.  (Is this Nephew-of-Sobek, then?)

Sadly, I cannot find a pic of Harry from Law & Order episode 5.16, "Wannabe" (he looked quite skinny), but here he is from HIMYM as Ted's stepfather, Clint:

MV5BMTgzMTQ3NzYxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTk5

Clint first appears in ep 2.12, "How Lily Stole Christmas", a wonderful Aly-heavy episode that's about how Ted got into a fight with Lily and called her a word that you can't say on TV.  (And which Ted wouldn't say to his kids, so there's an in-story reason for the censorship.)  Since this is a Christmas episode, Ted uses "Grinch" in place of the Bad Word.

To clue the audience in about the actual Word, there's a scene where Ted is trying to explain the situatIon to his mother, who is concerned Ted's having trouble accepting her new relationship, so she asks "is this about Clint?"  Which, to those who knew that "Clint" had been a banned word in media (such as comics*) that use all-capitals (write it and see), explained what Ted really said.  (And shame on you, Ted, for that.)

*-MCU fans may recall that Hawkeye's civilian identity is "Clint Barton". But for the first four years that he was in the Avengers in the comics, he was only referred to as "Hawkeye", until one day in 1969, writer Roy Thomas decided that this was a silly rule and used a story about the archer revealing his past to the gang as an excuse to christen him CLI N—er, ahem.

(And then, feeling extra-cheeky, Thomas had Hawkeye rescue a kidnapped Black Widow [they were romantic in the comics] by grabbing some spare Pym Particles, growing to giant-size, and vanquishing the villain with but a swipe of his finger…illustrated with a "Flick" sound effect, thus using the other word that was banned in all-caps, for pretty much the same reason.

And now you know the reason for the name of Reese Witherspoon's character in Election, but we're far enough OT as it is.)

MV5BODJiMzRlNTQtMDFiMy00ZmI1LTlmNWYtOWQy

Channon in Boogie Nights (as mentioned before), getting ready to beat down Eddie "Dirk Diggler" Adams [Mark Wahlberg, left] for not being able to get it up.

Don't advertise what you can't deliver, Eddie.  If the Dirk don't work, you look like a jerk.

Y'know, I can forgive First Daughter, which is a decent enough rom-com…but I'm not sure I can forgive that faux-hawk.  Yeesh.

Miz_crop_north.jpg

There's only one Miz to a generation, Riley. Facts.

How did I manage to not only miss Aly Day, but the Big 5-0 at that?

"I'm not a friend, I'm a rabid dog who should be shot!"

Seriously, there's March Madness, and then there's utter insanity.  Sigh.

(March Madness is the annual 64-team university basketball tournament.  Four days of more hoops than you could ever dream of, merely to reach the round of 16. [Final Rounds proceed at a less-congested pace over the coming two weeks.]  Obviously, no sane person would ever attempt to use his DVR so that he could view all 48 of the games so far, but then there's the whole "you're a thundering looney!" angle to consider.

Still doesn't excuse my neglecting Aly Day, though.)