Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Titans Go! to the Movies (2018)

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

It seems to the Teens that all the major superheroes out there are starring in their own movies—everyone but the Teen Titans, that is! But de facto leader Robin is determined to remedy the situation, and be seen as a star instead of a sidekick. If only they could get the hottest Hollywood film director to notice them. With a few madcap ideas and a song in their heart, the Teen Titans head to Tinsel Town, certain to pull off their dream. But when the group is radically misdirected by a seriously super villain and his maniacal plan to take over the Earth, things really go awry. The team finds their friendship and their fighting spirit failing, putting the very fate of the Teen Titans themselves on the line!

Opens July 27 in the USA, but the world premiere will be at SDCC this week.

12 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I don't like the show, but this does look pretty funny.

I like the show okay, but mostly for the slapstick comedy married to occasional bits of "Holy shit, did they just do that?"  Like, Holy shit, did they just do furries/vore/ageplay/eat the Batman?!

• Love 2
(edited)

Supposedly the initial reactions from the premiere at SDCC are positive.  It's currently running at 100% at RT but there are only 10 reviews in.

Edited by MarkHB
  • Love 1

I saw this this afternoon.  It's a lot of fun, especially if you know DC history, and it's worth staying all the way to the end for one last gag.  Also, there's an animated short attached to it!

• Love 1
On 7/19/2018 at 12:21 PM, Spartan Girl said:

I don't like the show, but this does look pretty funny.

Same boat. I miss Teen Titans, do not like Teen Titans Go! At all. However, the promos for this make it look funny. Will wait for Netflix/Cable but, enjoy reading the reviews

• Love 1

My whole family loved it, kids (ages 12-7) all loved it and watch the TV show regularly, my husband and I were cracking up at some of the gags and jokes they threw in.  I did tell him it was the best DC movie I had seen lol.  Would maybe even see it again and even pay full price to see it (our theater does $5 Tuesday).

• Love 3