Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Episode Six

Cranberry

(edited)

I really enjoyed this finale and the whole season.

I knew that Lyn was going to have to break up with Johnny once she had been cleansed. It's probably for the best.

Seeing Eddy get beat up was brutal. I hope Vidalia showing up at her hospital bed doesn't mean she is dead. 

Loved the final scenes with Lyn and Emma, especially the one on the rooftop ("Does this mean we're businesswomen, now?")

Do we know if this has been renewed for a second season?

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 3

I liked Lyn realizing she was the villain, not the hero, of her story. It’s about time. If I were Carla I wouldn’t take him back, but that’s up to her.

I had the same thought about Vida at Eddy’s bedside. Maybe Vida is just watching over her.

I laughed when Eddy said “You know I don’t like places!” 

Disappointed that there was no Mari in the finale.

• Love 6

I didnt realize this was the season finale, I was hoping to get a few more episodes. Still, that was a really good finale, and I loved the season overall. 

Love that Lyn finally realized that she was doing the wrong thing, and left Johnny. I hope Carla doesn't take him back, and only puts up with him for the babies sake. She deserves better. Its tough for now, but Lyn did the right thing, even if she is a little late. 

Poor Eddy. She was just having some nice moments with Emma too! "You know I dont like places!" Hope she makes a quick recovery. 

So is Vida the little chalk painting girl? It looked like she was the little girl watching Eddie at first, then she turned into adult Vida. Maybe her ghost is watching over her family and trying to make things right, and the picture was a little Vida, and thats how her ghost is manifesting. 

The scene with the sisters sitting on the roof talking about the bar was so beautiful, especially with the sun rising. 

• Love 1

I hope this gets another season, but if it doesn't, this finale gave a decent amount of closure. I'll assume that Eddy recovers (the doctors said she'd be fine) and that she and the girls turn the bar around, that Emma gets into a real relationship with Cruz, and that Lyn works on herself a bit more before finding an actual good guy. Of course, I hope we actually get to see all of this!

I thought this episode did a good job of redeeming Lyn somewhat. It was about time she realized she was the bad guy, and it's great that she wants to actually help with the business instead of just expecting the world to take care of her. I also liked seeing Emma soften up, at least just a little, feeling terrible when Eddy got hurt, wanting to save the bar even though it's not the smart thing to do, and even staying the night with Cruz instead of having another panic attack and running away.

I would have liked to see more of Marisol, but I honestly didn't notice she wasn't in the episode until it was over.

And I also laughed at "You know I don't like places."

• Love 6

That was a great finale for a great season.  I really wasn't expecting all that much from this show as it didn't sound like something I would normally enjoy.  I only checked it out because I lived not too far from Boyle Heights in East LA for a year as a kid and was curious to see how it was portrayed.  But I was hooked from the first episode, mainly because it has such great believable characters.  Lyn, Emma, Mari, and Carla all reminded me of real people I knew at one time or another when younger.  I'm really glad this show has been renewed. 

• Love 2

I liked it, but I need to watch it from the beginning.  I liked the reveal of the little girl being Vida, watching over Eddy. 

I knew that asshole from the bar would jump Eddy, either in the bathroom, or once she left the bar.  Although Emma is right about the financial woes of the bar, it's clear that the bar is a safe haven for Eddy and her friends, not just a hangout spot.

Glad that Lyn broke it off with the asshole once she was cleansed, so to speak.  She needed to see what was going on with his fiancee, too.

Hopefully the second season will have 10-13 episodes. Six episodes is an extremely short season, especially for a half-hour show.

I'd like to see Mari's character become more prominent and developed. Maybe soften the chip on her shoulder and examine her family relationship more and how she is given extra family responsibilities (taking care of her father) compared to what's expected of her brother. Does that keep her from going to college and bettering herself/does she resent that, etc.?

Lyn seemed like a completely different person in the last few minutes of the episode...after her tirade at the lady who "cleansed" her. Hopefully she matures for good.

By the way, the actress who plays Lyn is stunningly beautiful. I can't think of an actress in movies or TV who is as attractive as her. I have never seen her before until this show.

• Love 1
On 6/15/2018 at 4:05 AM, BigDfromLA said:

Hopefully the second season will have 10-13 episodes. Six episodes is an extremely short season, especially for a half-hour show.

I'd like to see Mari's character become more prominent and developed. Maybe soften the chip on her shoulder and examine her family relationship more and how she is given extra family responsibilities (taking care of her father) compared to what's expected of her brother. Does that keep her from going to college and bettering herself/does she resent that, etc.?

Lyn seemed like a completely different person in the last few minutes of the episode...after her tirade at the lady who "cleansed" her. Hopefully she matures for good.

By the way, the actress who plays Lyn is stunningly beautiful. I can't think of an actress in movies or TV who is as attractive as her. I have never seen her before until this show.

I agree we need more episodes. I didn't realize this was the last one until I sat down the following Sunday evening to watch. I think there's so much family, personal, and cultural material here. All the characters intrigue me including Vida. I'm in for the next season. 

• Love 2