Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05 Cabin Pressure 2018.05.30

Oh come on, show! You gave me hope when CameraDouche was shot, but he survived. You’ve never been afraid of killing off residents before. Why start now?

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Xantar said:

You gave me hope when CameraDouche was shot, but he survived.

I was hoping the shot would hit the camera, and the force of the impact would drive it in a northerly direction, straight up his southerly orifice.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

I was hoping the shot would hit the camera, and the force of the impact would drive it in a northerly direction, straight up his southerly orifice.

That would be dramatic!  And from my point of view, extremely satisfying!  :) I think the best we can hope for, though, is that young Dr. CameraDouche re-evaluates his priorities and leaves his camera work until the drunken Christmas party rolls around. 

• Love 1

Probably my favorite moment in this ridiculous, craptastic season so far was Angus telling the racist patient, "I got this job because my dad's on the board, I'm a C student who only learned stitches last week." And then telling Dr. Campbell, who objected to this, "Resident, still learning." Sassy Angus FTW!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, majormama said:

Probably my favorite moment in this ridiculous, craptastic season so far was Angus telling the racist patient, "I got this job because my dad's on the board, I'm a C student who only learned stitches last week."

But he should have told him this just as the anesthetic was starting to take hold, not after the operation was complete!

• Love 2

It's an interesting 9-1-1 system that transfers an aircraft emergency to a hospital.  I guess none of their operators have any ERD training.  And Dr. Willis is on the only-est ambulance in the city, of course, because they can't dispatch another one. 

I did like that trick they pulled on Druggy McDrugster, draining his blood out.  "You must think I'm stupid."  "I was counting on it."

• Love 2
14 hours ago, majormama said:

Probably my favorite moment in this ridiculous, craptastic season so far was Angus telling the racist patient, "I got this job because my dad's on the board, I'm a C student who only learned stitches last week." And then telling Dr. Campbell, who objected to this, "Resident, still learning." Sassy Angus FTW!

This is perhaps the only realistic thing that's happened this season.  It was also very familiar.

Many of the other doctors at my hospital are some combination of non-white, have a primary language other than English, and/or are either naturalized citizens or permanent resident aliens.  Multiple patients have expressed sentiments to me to the gist of "Oh, thank God you're a white man."  As though my parents are somehow to be congratulated for being from North Carolina.  As if they assume that I share their horrible opinions.

It's bad enough to even think that way.  Why on earth would you think it's a good idea to say it?

• Love 2