Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Fareed Zakaria

• Start Topic

John talks about the product recall going on at General Motors, the EU Court of Justice "Right to be Forgotten" ruling, and updates us on how the Indian election is going, with help from Fareed Zakaria.

(Please, no more naked d*ck pics, please, please?)

I thought the gay Nintendo characters was awesome.  The funny thing is, I was sad about Donkey Kong being dead and Bowser crying! I'm a soft touch and John teased the audience just enough.

• Love 2
(edited)

This past episode was fantastic -- it hit on all cylinders.  (Even though I'm too old to understand the Donkey Kong? stuff.)

GM was fantastic and, I think it helps that I have a ridiculous crush on Fareed Zakaria.  TMI?

ETA:  Speaking of too old, I don't mind the dick pics and even the cavalier triple breast shot got a second look from me.  Fair warning: I say dick without any punctuation.  Ditto fuck and c***.  For I am old and don't give a shit.

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 1

I keep enjoying the show more and more. He finally seems to be finding his groove which admittedly is tougher to do when you're only on once per week. 

That said the show is still keeping up a frentic pace. It comes hot and fast for 11pm on a Sunday. Finding the right pacing without commercials is something they're going to need to work on. The "And Now" bits are great but they're still content. A little bit of fluff won't hurt when it finds it's place, maybe with a correspondent or two. But I get the show needs to basically establish it's credibility right now. You can't have Andy Daly come in and review movie trailers or Norm MacDonald highlight the week in Sports lowlights when you're trying to establish your voice.

(edited)

What I'm enjoying, mostly, is the European spin (appropriate for a European anchor) and the semi-serious interviews.

I'm not that fond of the "And Now" bits.  Except, I will say, the GM "commercial" was hilarious in a much-deserved but mean sort of way.  

ETA:  The bad language washes right over me so I don't notice it* but I am taking a while to get used to the graphic nudity.  Which is fine -- I'll become just as inured to that as I am to most things.

*Actually, it's kind of refreshing.  I find the punctuation and bleeping childish and distracting.  It's almost like, finally, someone is speaking a language I understand fluently.

Edited by Captanne

Hilarious episode.  I loved the ad graphics popping up.  "Weather in Westeros:  Winter is coming!"  LOL

I like the more European view of the news.  Its nice to hear of events outside the US.

The GM ad was great, as was the whole bit.

• Love 1