Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Opening Night / S01.E10: Deal or No Deal

SEASON FINALE!

NOTE: THE BACK TO BACK EPISODES ARE AIRING ON FRIDAY, NOT THE SHOW'S USUAL THURSDAY NIGHT SLOT!

Michael prepares for his first date as Vince and Matthew prepare to expand the gym. But an unexpected offer threatens to change all their lives forever.

I didn't hate these, but I've been watching Splitting Up Together so probably any sitcom would compare favorably. 

Hopefully next season, JJ has better acting skills and maybe the gym employees could be improved as characters.  I find them all dull stereotypes.  

I was kind of hoping now that Mindy's not pregnant the resolution to Priya missing Michael would be she moves to NYC and is on the cast fully.  

Anders Holm was looking good.  

3 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

next season, JJ has better acting skills and maybe the gym employees could be improved as characters.  I find them all dull stereotypes.  

Is there going to be a next season? The cast kept calling it the season finale but I can’t find any info on if it was officially renewed or cancelled.

If there was a second season, I doubt Mindy would be full time as that was never then plan when they pitched it before she got pregnant and she is super busy.

It’s probably getting cancelled.  Though I think it’s better than AP Bio, which didn’t.  

I know Mindy’s not coming on full time but I can wish.   

Well, this was a cute little show while it lasted. I think Matthew/Andy Favreau was really MVP. I liked the second episode better, especially the part where the kid comes to dinner and Matthew keeps complaining about being undermined. 

• Love 4

I like everybody, except the kid....who acts like a 40 year old diva.  He's just not likable and the facial expressions are not cute. 

The brothers are great together on their own with the gym story line.  Send the kid back to Mindy. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I enjoyed both episodes. The Vince/Michael relationship has been my favorite part so it was nice to see how it progressed to him calling him dad at the end.

Matthew/Andy is indeed the MVP. He has the best one liners and jokes. I loved how annoyed he was at Greg all through dinner.

I don't expect this to get a second season so this was a nice ending.

If my some miracle it does return I agree with those saying either build up the gym employees or trim the fat. I love Brittany but I think we could do without Shabaz and the uncle.

Edited by Couver

I realize they didn’t necessarily intend to air these 2 back to back but it was weird to me how episode 9 was all about Michael staying with his dad and then in the very next episode off Vince goes (until he didn’t). Just seemed disjointed. 

I do like this show. Super unpopular opinion: I realize Michael is a caricature/stereotype but I think he’s funny and I laugh at his jokes. The thing about on fleek being out and then back in made me laugh. 

And total agreement to Matthew as MVP. If this show goes away as I expect it to I hope he lands on another show soon. He is funny and pretty - a nice combo. 

• Love 1