Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Moon Rises, Raven Seeks

Sunny killed MK's mother? I suppose it is possible, but hardly likely. Sunny would have surely known that he and his men took a camp in the area where MK and his mother stayed. It isn't like he went around slaughtering people for Quinn every day. This is just a plot device to give MK his power back and make him the Widow's ally against Sunny. After all, the Widow's new Baron doesn't stand a chance against Sunny without MK and his power. 

This show has to end with Sunny as the Baron ruling over all. It is the only real way for him to protect Henry, MK, Lydia, Bajie, Tilda, etc.

So far these new bad guys looking for Azra are weak, tedious, and annoying.

ETA: I love how Lydia and Tilda worked together to hide Henry from The Widow's new regent. It was slick as hell. They are two of my favorite women on tv.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Sunny killed MK's mother? I suppose it is possible, but hardly likely. Sunny would have surely known that he and his men took a camp in the area where MK and his mother stayed. It isn't like he went around slaughtering people for Quinn every day. This is just a plot device to give MK his power back and make him the Widow's ally against Sunny. After all, the Widow's new Baron doesn't stand a chance against Sunny without MK and his power. 

This show has to end with Sunny as the Baron ruling over all. It is the only real way for him to protect Henry, MK, Lydia, Bajie, Tilda, etc.

So far these new bad guys looking for Azra are weak, tedious, and annoying.

ETA: I love how Lydia and Tilda worked together to hide Henry from The Widow's new regent. It was slick as hell. They are two of my favorite women on tv.

Are they the bad guys?  I can't figure out what I'm supposed to feel about them.  Pilgrim presents himself as the Messiah, but threatens death to those who won't bow to him.  He cares that his black-eyed killer Tommen Baratheon is suffering, but apparently not enough to stop using him.  He was merciful to the man who claimed belief after attempting to kill him, even though the man's sudden belief was convenient.

Cressida is the creepy one to me.  She was ready to kill off the doubters as an example.  She has a sinister vibe, at least to me.  She seems to be a seer, and her suffering brings about visions it would be seem.  Is it too obvious that she's the Mad Witch that Sunny is looking for?  She seems to be manipulating Pilgrim, but who knows?

With Quinn gone, the show lacks a villain.  I can't see Minerva as a villain, regardless of her treatment of Veil and Tilda's sudden hatred.  Lydia, who was at least half villain at one point, is suddenly a self-less saint.  Is Sunny now bad because he killed MK's mother?  Will MK become a villain when he vows revenge and (I'm guessing) goes after Henry?

I am confused about MK's captivity - it seems rather voluntary.  His courtesans come and go at will, and I'm sure he could over power one of them.  He sashays down the stairs having a tantrum demanding his opium, and presumably he could have simply escaped at that time.  He clearly let himself out of his birdcage to make this demand so why not just go?

I prefer Sunny and Minerva as allies, and I prefer Tilda with her mother.  Whatever happened to Jade?

Nathaniel and Lydia had a thing I guess.  I wonder how she was able to land Quinn.  A woman with that ambition is a little hard to buy as the woman of peace she is now, but I like the character.

• Love 2

I think it was more Lydia chose Quinn over Moon. A Baron is probably a far better option than whatever Moon had going on back then.

Even hopped up on opium, MK managed to hold his own against Moon.  Impressive.  So Quinn's men swooped on the encampment MK and his mother were in.  The way I want this story to go is that even knowing Sunny was the one who killed his mother, MK doesn't decide to now try to kill Sunny.  Sunny did all those awful things under the orders of his Baron. He probably doesn't remember all the people he's killed in Quinn's name. MK also knows that Sunny is hard to kill. Hopefully he will regain his gift to get out from under Widow's thumb and stop being manipulated. 

On 4/29/2018 at 8:06 PM, SimoneS said:

And what happens when Sunny becomes too old to rule?  The history of the world is filled with great leaders who left behind disastrous descendants.  I really wish they hadn't turned The Widow into a villain -- a land without Clippers and slaves is the only lasting one.

• Love 1