Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6: A Charming (?) Rey of Sunshine

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I FREAKIN’ LOVE William Kuntzler! I loved the tidbits of what he did in real life (Chicago Seven) as part of Adam’s earlier career when they worked together! “White Rabbit” is so, so good. And I don’t believe Susan felt ashamed of ANYTHING. The look on her face when Margaret testified at the end? PUH-LEAZE.

This was from season 5, not season 6. But yeah White Rabbit is a very good episode and it was really cool that they got a famous real life attorney to play himself in the episode, and incorporated his history into the show - “from the Chicago 7 to the Westchester 1”. Kuntzler was great. I don’t really think Susan felt ashamed of anything either, but I also don’t think she planned on getting anyone killed - I thought her final sentence was fair. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

This was from season 5, not season 6. But yeah White Rabbit is a very good episode and it was really cool that they got a famous real life attorney to play himself in the episode, and incorporated his history into the show - “from the Chicago 7 to the Westchester 1”. Kuntzler was great. I don’t really think Susan felt ashamed of anything either, but I also don’t think she planned on getting anyone killed - I thought her final sentence was fair. 

Oops! Posted in wrong thread! Will move it now.

• LOL 2

I know this is the right thread for “Savior” though! And lookie-loo! Detective whose-name-I forgot from season one’s “Torrents of Greed” -the one in the van who knew that Beigel was meeting with a blonde (the corrupt inspector)-is the trial judge here!

• Useful 2

I watched some season 6 last night 

Charm City is the best of the Homicide crossovers IMO, I really liked the case of the subway bombing, and it was interesting to see how Briscoe/Curtis and Pembleton/Bayliss found the suspect at the same time through different avenues of investigation - that was interesting to watch. The detective work was great all around. And of course Munch was hilarious even though he was just in a couple of scenes in Baltimore. I also liked how this crossover wrapped up enough that you could enjoy this hour without needing to watch hour 2 to see how it finished - there was more to it in tracking down the accomplices but the subway bomber was convicted at the end of hour 1 and it wrapped up the case.    
I thought Jack did a strong job prosecuting, and the defense attorney seemed like a racist, he was using nasty stereotypes to try to paint the case as being about a racial agenda, I guess because Jack had a very strong case he just tried to distract the jury. 
I still wish they would show part 2 when these episodes are shown, but this one at least wrapped up enough that it isn’t necessary to watch part 2 to enjoy part 1. 

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Charm City is the best of the Homicide crossovers IMO, I really liked the case of the subway bombing, and it was interesting to see how Briscoe/Curtis and Pembleton/Bayliss found the suspect at the same time through different avenues of investigation - that was interesting to watch.

For me, Frank and Rey not liking each other was the best part...I did love how competitive the teams were too. 

• Like 2

Frank and Rey not liking each other was the best part

😄 Since Frank is one of my favorite TV characters of all time, and I could never stand the sanctimonious Rey, Pembleton giving Curtis the side-eye was hilarious!

• Like 4
7 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I love Lennie and Munch in that episode. I could watch those two all day long.

Lennie and Munch didn’t meet until part 2 of that episode, but yeah they were awesome from the start - hilarious when it came out that Munch’s ex wife slept with Briscoe once. Briscoe and Munch worked together more closely in the following 2 crossovers. 

• Like 3
On 2/8/2024 at 6:13 AM, Xeliou66 said:

Lennie and Munch didn’t meet until part 2 of that episode, but yeah they were awesome from the start - hilarious when it came out that Munch’s ex wife slept with Briscoe once. Briscoe and Munch worked together more closely in the following 2 crossovers. 

Yeah, that was funny.

• Like 1