Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2: Homicide hires Paul Cicero?

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

He was absolutely out of line in forcing that confession. I hate that he has the nerve to be upset when it comes out and tries to claim it's the same thing that ADAs do when threatening to tell secrets for the same thing. Ah, no, Mike it's not. He's pretty much an example why it's a bad idea for a partner to be out hunting the person who killed their partner. It's too easy to go too far and think it's justified because of what the defendent did. I'm glad he got better. I like his scenes with Olivet too. Showing him going through the five stages even though he doesn't think he is. It was great seeing everyone else's reactions and I'm glad they showed us a little of the funeral (I'll never get over them doing nothing for Lennie}. Poor Marie. That's a horrible thing to witness. The whole episode was really good. It's one of the best. I like the investigation and where it lead. I even like the witness who said he wasn't stupid enough to kill a cop. Yeah, that really is stupid. It's a great way to bring down the whole police department and DA on you. I like at the end Mike finally accepts it but he doesn't. 

It’s a really good episode - I liked seeing Logan meet with Olivet and deal with his grief over Max’s death. And I also like that we saw part of the funeral and the service afterwards at Greevey’s house. Logan did irritate me when he acted outraged at the fact that he was facing consequences for forcing the confession - he was out of line and he should’ve accepted that. I liked when Stone said that Greevey wouldn’t have considered it a technicality for the confession to be tossed. It was a good introduction to Phil. 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

It’s a really good episode - I liked seeing Logan meet with Olivet and deal with his grief over Max’s death. And I also like that we saw part of the funeral and the service afterwards at Greevey’s house. Logan did irritate me when he acted outraged at the fact that he was facing consequences for forcing the confession - he was out of line and he should’ve accepted that. I liked when Stone said that Greevey wouldn’t have considered it a technicality for the confession to be tossed. It was a good introduction to Phil. 

That's a good point. Greevey wouldn't have seen it that way either. I do wish it got brought up more but as angry and upset Mike is how is he going to feel when Max's murderer walks because of what he did? That's exactly what would have happened if they hadn't found more. I think about that every time a cop on TV goes over the line. Do you really want to be the reason he walks? Or do you want to make sure he goes to jail for his crime and not have any reason or way to get out?

• Like 2
13 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That's a good point. Greevey wouldn't have seen it that way either. I do wish it got brought up more but as angry and upset Mike is how is he going to feel when Max's murderer walks because of what he did? That's exactly what would have happened if they hadn't found more. I think about that every time a cop on TV goes over the line. Do you really want to be the reason he walks? Or do you want to make sure he goes to jail for his crime and not have any reason or way to get out?

Yeah Logan wasn’t thinking clearly - Cragen probably should’ve supervised him more closely during this case. I liked how the DA’s office wasn’t happy with Logan. 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yeah Logan wasn’t thinking clearly - Cragen probably should’ve supervised him more closely during this case. I liked how the DA’s office wasn’t happy with Logan. 

Yeah, Cragen really should have. I liked that DA's office wasn't happy either. They had the right response to what Mike did.

• Like 1

“God Bless the Child” is on. I wouldn’t normally refer to a woman that’s lost her child as a stupid bitch, but exceptions need to be made.

“She’s just a little feverish…she wasn’t that sick.” Bitch, your daughter was GASPING FOR AIR. That, on top of her simpering demeanor, made me want to slap her hard.

Even Max and Rey at their sanctimonious worst would not have bought the religious excuse. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

“God Bless the Child” is on. I wouldn’t normally refer to a woman that’s lost her child as a stupid bitch, but exceptions need to be made.

“She’s just a little feverish…she wasn’t that sick.” Bitch, your daughter was GASPING FOR AIR. That, on top of her simpering demeanor, made me want to slap her hard.

Even Max and Rey at their sanctimonious worst would not have bought the religious excuse. 

Oh yes I hated the parents in that episode, letting your kid die because of your beliefs is just insane and awful. I have no idea why Cerreta was apparently sympathetic to the parents. But it’s a strong episode, and I love Ben in it and the trial scenes.

• Like 3
On 6/23/2023 at 3:33 PM, Spartan Girl said:

On 6/23/2023 at 8:04 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Oh yes I hated the parents in that episode, letting your kid die because of your beliefs is just insane and awful. I have no idea why Cerreta was apparently sympathetic to the parents. But it’s a strong episode, and I love Ben in it and the trial scenes.

I agree! The parents were horrible! They let their child die. There's no excuse for that. They could have got her help. But nope, they didn't. They wouldn't.  I don't know why Cerreta was sympathetic either. They weren't. They let their child die. Watched her gasping for air. The poor girl asking why she couldn't have a doctor like her friend. A kid shouldn't have to ask that question.

• Like 2
On 6/26/2023 at 11:20 PM, andromeda331 said:

I agree! The parents were horrible! They let their child die. There's no excuse for that. They could have got her help. But nope, they didn't. They wouldn't.  I don't know why Cerreta was sympathetic either. They weren't. They let their child die. Watched her gasping for air. The poor girl asking why she couldn't have a doctor like her friend. A kid shouldn't have to ask that question.

Yes the child having to ask for a doctor was just heartbreaking. I don’t care how devout those parents were, they were terrible, as Stone said they had no right to martyr their daughter for religion. This is one of my favorite episodes for Stone, he had some really great lines and did a great job prosecuting the case. I didn’t get why Cerreta was sympathetic to them at the start.

• Like 2
On 6/28/2023 at 8:41 AM, Xeliou66 said:

Yes the child having to ask for a doctor was just heartbreaking. I don’t care how devout those parents were, they were terrible, as Stone said they had no right to martyr their daughter for religion. This is one of my favorite episodes for Stone, he had some really great lines and did a great job prosecuting the case. I didn’t get why Cerreta was sympathetic to them at the start.

The worst part is that the bitch was already planning to have another child—which I would side-eye even if they weren’t religious freaks because that seemed to be their MO when their kids died: just have another. 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

The worst part is that the bitch was already planning to have another child—which I would side-eye even if they weren’t religious freaks because that seemed to be their MO when their kids died: just have another. 

Yep, those parents were seriously fucked up. And I liked how Stone pointed out how some of the hypocrisy of the cult they were in, such as how medical treatment could be sought for certain emergencies but apparently a child dying didn’t qualify as an emergency. I hope the parents got jail time for what happened, but given that the judge seemed lenient I doubt they did. I’ll never understand why Cerreta felt sympathy for them. It’s one of my favorite episodes for Ben though, he had some awesome lines. It’s a really good episode but those parents did piss me off, fuck them.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Yep, their son died because of their horrible beliefs and they just had another child, a daughter. Who they also let die. Then have another. The so call pain from losing their son meant nothing it didn't wake them up or change them in anyway they just had another kid that they were going to let die and keep having another child. How is that not murder?

• Like 3

I watched Severance today, this is such a great episode - really great detective work by Logan and Cerreta in figuring out that there was a third victim and that’s who the intended target was, and figuring out the lawyer was the middle man in the plot. This was the first appearance of Arthur Gold, he was always an entertaining defense lawyer and a worthy adversary. I loved that the judge threw the book at the mastermind, all 3 involved were scum. Cragen had a larger role than normal in the episode as well, always nice to see more of him. Stone made an error in asking for severance, I wondered if a judge would’ve admitted the tape against the hitman and the mastermind. I guess the hitman thought he was better off taking the 15 years instead of risking a trial. I did think the lawyer was quite stupid to leave a trail of phone calls between him and the hitman, but if he were smart he wouldn’t have gone along with the murder for hire plan, greed makes people do stupid things. It’s an excellent episode, most of season 2 is excellent. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I watched Severance today, this is such a great episode - really great detective work by Logan and Cerreta in figuring out that there was a third victim and that’s who the intended target was, and figuring out the lawyer was the middle man in the plot. This was the first appearance of Arthur Gold, he was always an entertaining defense lawyer and a worthy adversary. I loved that the judge threw the book at the mastermind, all 3 involved were scum. Cragen had a larger role than normal in the episode as well, always nice to see more of him. Stone made an error in asking for severance, I wondered if a judge would’ve admitted the tape against the hitman and the mastermind. I guess the hitman thought he was better off taking the 15 years instead of risking a trial. I did think the lawyer was quite stupid to leave a trail of phone calls between him and the hitman, but if he were smart he wouldn’t have gone along with the murder for hire plan, greed makes people do stupid things. It’s an excellent episode, most of season 2 is excellent. 

I liked Gold throwing Stone off his game and getting him to sever the trials. It's very, very rare for anyone to throw him off. Adam was right when he tried to defend his action. But I also love seeing Stone find a way to make it work and make up for his error. Pointing out the tape could be used against the other defendent was great.  I wonder if the judge would have admitted it too. I'm not sure he would have. But I can see why the defendent wouldn't want to take that chance. If the judge did he'd be screwed. The lawyer was an idiot you'd think he'd know not to leave a trail.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I liked Gold throwing Stone off his game and getting him to sever the trials. It's very, very rare for anyone to throw him off. Adam was right when he tried to defend his action. But I also love seeing Stone find a way to make it work and make up for his error. Pointing out the tape could be used against the other defendent was great.  I wonder if the judge would have admitted it too. I'm not sure he would have. But I can see why the defendent wouldn't want to take that chance. If the judge did he'd be screwed. The lawyer was an idiot you'd think he'd know not to leave a trail.

Gold was always a worthy adversary and was fun to watch. It was rare that Stone ever got thrown off his game, but he did this time, and it was interesting to see Paul and Adam call him out for it. It was nice seeing Ben bounce back and find a way to put all 3 in prison. I really liked the stuff with Phil and Mike, they did a really good investigation, it was interesting how they realized there was a third victim and the 2 killed at the scene were just killed out of necessity by the hitman, it was also interesting how they quickly apprehended the hitman at the train station but then had to build a case against him and get to the bottom of the crime. I did think the lawyer was rather sloppy with his calls to the hitman’s girlfriend but I guess he was desperate knowing the hitman was in custody. It’s an outstanding episode.

• Like 1

Silence was just on - this is a great episode, and I love Adam berating that homophobic jackass dad who was ashamed of his gay son and who would rather risk his son’s killers going free than admit he was gay - when the dad said he spent his whole life protecting his son, Adam replied “from what?” and proceeded to tell him if he didn’t testify he would be cited for contempt. Such a great scene for Adam, I always loved when he got a larger role. The dad was a real prick - the actor usually played one, he later played the guy with Alzheimer’s who murdered his wife in Season 10. Good plot in this episode, I liked how they figured out the ex con and his lawyer were involved in the blackmail scheme of closeted gay people. Season 2 had a lot of stellar episodes, and this was a strong one. The scene where Adam chews out the prick dad is one of my favorites.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Silence was just on - this is a great episode, and I love Adam berating that homophobic jackass dad who was ashamed of his gay son and who would rather risk his son’s killers going free than admit he was gay - when the dad said he spent his whole life protecting his son, Adam replied “from what?” and proceeded to tell him if he didn’t testify he would be cited for contempt. Such a great scene for Adam, I always loved when he got a larger role. The dad was a real prick - the actor usually played one, he later played the guy with Alzheimer’s who murdered his wife in Season 10. Good plot in this episode, I liked how they figured out the ex con and his lawyer were involved in the blackmail scheme of closeted gay people. Season 2 had a lot of stellar episodes, and this was a strong one. The scene where Adam chews out the prick dad is one of my favorites.

I love Adam chewing him out too. That was a great scene and Adam was awesome. To be willing to let your son' killers off is really messed up. Not because he was threatened or scared but because he wouldn't say his son was gay. His poor son, what a horrible father. I like how they figured out the con too. It was really good.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I love Adam chewing him out too. That was a great scene and Adam was awesome. To be willing to let your son' killers off is really messed up. Not because he was threatened or scared but because he wouldn't say his son was gay. His poor son, what a horrible father. I like how they figured out the con too. It was really good.

Yeah, it’s a great episode. That old guy was a real jackass and a lousy excuse for a father, it was his shame that kept his son in the closet and made him the target of blackmail and then he would rather let the killers off than say his son was gay because of his bigotry. It was very satisfying to see Adam let him have it and let him know he wasn’t getting any special treatment, and it was only when faced with jail for obstruction that he told the truth. Adam was such a great DA, and it was awesome to see him put this prick in his place. Logan/Cerreta were good as well, I liked the whole investigation. Only thing I would’ve liked more of was the physical evidence, the whole second half seemed to be about proving motive and they didn’t really talk about other evidence against the perps. It’s a really good episode, season 2 is pretty awesome in general.

• Like 1
(edited)

I really loved Paul Sorvino, and I also love Phil. But he was really a stubborn asshat in “Self-Defense” insisting that the two victims weren’t retreating. Yes, the Booker brothers were the initial perpetrators, but the moment they started to retreat, Costas ceased to be the victim when he reloaded and went after them.

Watching “Prince of Darkness” now. 😳And will get ready to 🙄🙄 in “Point of View” when Elaine(?), Phil’s wife says his move to Administration will be good for the family. Look, I have family who are cops. It takes a strong person when they marry one. So even in fiction, the hand wringing or guilt tripping* for choosing to be a cop irks me. And they couldn’t get a different actress to play Masucci’s wife Elaine?

Rewatching these early seasons makes me bitter that Moriarty lost his marbles. I’m imagining him as EADA in some of the latter seasons.

*Blue Bloods does this repeatedly with Jamie.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 3
On 10/9/2023 at 8:37 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

“We were married for 25 YEARSSSSS

Why yes, I just watched “Wages of  Love”😆😆😆

”Confession” still remains a solid premiere and great episode.

Noth kicked it out of the park.

Why would you put yourself through that?

10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I really loved Paul Sorvino, and I also love Phil. But he was really a stubborn asshat in “Self-Defense” insisting that the two victims weren’t retreating. Yes, the Booker brothers were the initial perpetrators, but the moment they started to retreat, Costas ceased to be the victim when he reloaded and went after them.

I really don't see how Phil doesn't see they were retreated. Their robbers. They didn't expect there to be a gun and fled as soon as he fired it. They weren't going back to get a gun. They were getting out of there.

Watching “Prince of Darkness” now. 😳And will get ready to 🙄🙄 in “Point of View” when Elaine(?), Phil’s wife says his move to Administration will be good for the family. Look, I have family who are cops. It takes a strong person when they marry one. So even in fiction, the hand wringing or guilt tripping* for choosing to be a cop irks me. And they couldn’t get a different actress to play Masucci’s wife Elaine?

Rewatching these early seasons makes me bitter that Moriarty lost his marbles. I’m imagining him as EADA in some of the latter seasons.

*Blue Bloods does this repeatedly with Jamie.

Yeah it really bugs me too. I get being worried about your spouse if their a cop but I hate how none of the wives can handle or put up with it. It's really stupid. Why can't they just be supportive?  

Season 2 is on today on Sundance 

Severance has a really great plot - I love how Cerreta and Logan figured out that both of the victims were in the wrong place and were witnesses to woman being attacked and went back and found the third victim’s car. Great investigative work with how they connected the hitman to the lawyer for the guy charged with fraud and put together the case. Arthur Gold was an always entertaining defense lawyer and a good adversary for the DAs. Very satisfying to see the judge throw the book at the mastermind at the end. Gold luring Stone into severing the cases blew up in his face when Stone was able to use the tape against the mastermind and the hitman. This is an awesome episode.

Before that, Star Struck was on, and I really don’t get Ben at the end of this one, saying the guy belongs in a hospital, I didn’t think he was insane, and he was clearly a threat to the actress he attacked, he admitted he would go after her again and was still obsessed with her. He was a dangerous creep who needed to be locked up.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Season 2 is on today on Sundance 

Severance has a really great plot - I love how Cerreta and Logan figured out that both of the victims were in the wrong place and were witnesses to woman being attacked and went back and found the third victim’s car. Great investigative work with how they connected the hitman to the lawyer for the guy charged with fraud and put together the case. Arthur Gold was an always entertaining defense lawyer and a good adversary for the DAs. Very satisfying to see the judge throw the book at the mastermind at the end. Gold luring Stone into severing the cases blew up in his face when Stone was able to use the tape against the mastermind and the hitman. This is an awesome episode.

It's one of my favorites. Great investigating work, Stone actually makes a mistake by severing the two cases set up by Gold, and finding away to make it work. The lawyer is an idiot when he tries to unsever the cases.

Before that, Star Struck was on, and I really don’t get Ben at the end of this one, saying the guy belongs in a hospital, I didn’t think he was insane, and he was clearly a threat to the actress he attacked, he admitted he would go after her again and was still obsessed with her. He was a dangerous creep who needed to be locked up.

I don't either. He knew exactly what he was doing and that he was never going to leave her alone. That's not insane. That's a stalker who already proved he was dangerous. I feel so sorry for the victim. He destroyed her life and short of him dying in prison she only has five years before he's back.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

It's one of my favorites. Great investigating work, Stone actually makes a mistake by severing the two cases set up by Gold, and finding away to make it work. The lawyer is an idiot when he tries to unsever the cases.

I don't either. He knew exactly what he was doing and that he was never going to leave her alone. That's not insane. That's a stalker who already proved he was dangerous. I feel so sorry for the victim. He destroyed her life and short of him dying in prison she only has five years before he's back.

Yeah Severance is an awesome episode, I loved how Phil and Mike apprehended the hitman then realized who the intended victim was and tied everything together. It was rare for Ben to let his emotions get the better of him like he did when Gold tried to have him removed, but I like how he found a way to get the tape admissible against the hitman and the mastermind and then got the hitman to flip. It’s one of my favorite episodes from the season.

I was puzzled by Ben at the end of Star Struck, I didn’t think the perp was insane, he was just obsessed with his victim. Fortunately I think he would be in jail for a lot longer than 5 years, he would’ve gotten 5 years if he had pled guilty but since he was convicted of attempted murder I think he would be locked up for a lot longer. And yeah I felt terrible for the victim, she would never get her old life back and the creep was promising to come after her again if he got released.

Season 2 is a really great season, it may be L&O’s most underrated season, there are a lot of really great episodes and I love the characters. Cerreta and Logan are a great detective pairing, I love how Mike nicknamed Phil “big daddy“ - that was funny. A lot of people say L&O didn’t become great until Lennie joined, I strongly I disagree, in fact I think season 2 might make my list of top 5 seasons. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I was puzzled by Ben at the end of Star Struck, I didn’t think the perp was insane, he was just obsessed with his victim. Fortunately I think he would be in jail for a lot longer than 5 years, he would’ve gotten 5 years if he had pled guilty but since he was convicted of attempted murder I think he would be locked up for a lot longer. And yeah I felt terrible for the victim, she would never get her old life back and the creep was promising to come after her again if he got released.

I really don't either. One of my favorite actresses Rebecca Schaeffer had been murdered by her stalker only couple years before this episode. The poor victim's stalker was not insane. He was obsessed and new exactly what he was doing just like Rebecca Schaeffer's. I'm really surprised by Ben's reaction people like the murderer were pretty well known at the time. 

Season 2 is a really great season, it may be L&O’s most underrated season, there are a lot of really great episodes and I love the characters. Cerreta and Logan are a great detective pairing, I love how Mike nicknamed Phil “big daddy“ - that was funny. A lot of people say L&O didn’t become great until Lennie joined, I strongly I disagree, in fact I think season 2 might make my list of top 5 seasons. 

I disagree too. Lennie will always be my favorite (along with Adam) but the first and second seasons were really good. They both have so many great episodes.

• Like 4
On 12/9/2023 at 12:05 AM, andromeda331 said:

I really don't either. One of my favorite actresses Rebecca Schaeffer had been murdered by her stalker only couple years before this episode. The poor victim's stalker was not insane. He was obsessed and new exactly what he was doing just like Rebecca Schaeffer's. I'm really surprised by Ben's reaction people like the murderer were pretty well known at the time. 

I disagree too. Lennie will always be my favorite (along with Adam) but the first and second seasons were really good. They both have so many great episodes.

Yeah I didn’t get why Ben seemed to think the creep in Star Struck belonged in a hospital and not in prison. That was very puzzling to me.

Seasons 1 and 2 are great, season 2 in particular, the show was still finding its footing in season 1, it still had some great episodes, and I don’t think there’s a weak episode in season 2. Lennie is my favorite detective as well, but Phil and Mike were a great pairing as well, and I love Stone/Robinette. Cragen is great too, he’s mostly known for SVU but he’s great on the Mothership as well, while I love Anita Van Buren as well of course, Cragen is great too, I liked how Cragen was on a first name basis with his squad on the Mothership whereas no one called Van Buren by her first name. And of course Adam is awesome. Season 2 would make my list of top 5 seasons because I honestly don’t think there’s a bad episode in it.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yeah I didn’t get why Ben seemed to think the creep in Star Struck belonged in a hospital and not in prison. That was very puzzling to me.

Seasons 1 and 2 are great, season 2 in particular, the show was still finding its footing in season 1, it still had some great episodes, and I don’t think there’s a weak episode in season 2. Lennie is my favorite detective as well, but Phil and Mike were a great pairing as well, and I love Stone/Robinette. Cragen is great too, he’s mostly known for SVU but he’s great on the Mothership as well, while I love Anita Van Buren as well of course, Cragen is great too, I liked how Cragen was on a first name basis with his squad on the Mothership whereas no one called Van Buren by her first name. And of course Adam is awesome. Season 2 would make my list of top 5 seasons because I honestly don’t think there’s a bad episode in it.

There's one for me. Wages of Love. I can't watch it because I can't stand the murderer won't stop whining that they were married 25 years. 

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

There's one for me. Wages of Love. I can't watch it because I can't stand the murderer won't stop whining that they were married 25 years. 

Yeah that witch was beyond annoying. Plus it’s very odd to see Jerry Orbach play the defense lawyer, a year before he became the iconic Lennie Briscoe. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

*Runs away screaming as it loops in my head again and again and...*

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

12 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

*Runs away screaming as it loops in my head again and again and...*

“We were married for 25 YEARS!

• LOL 4

Season 2 is on today 

Asylum is a good episode, I really liked the investigation where Phil and Mike tracked down the perps in the homeless community and realized there were 2 guys involved which explained the discrepancies in the witness statements. It was an interesting debate about whether they needed a search warrant for the homeless perp’s shack in the bushes. I liked how Ben was able to get “Lemonhead’s” testimony admitted and was still able to send the perp to prison even with the appeals court ruling against him. Strong episode.

God Bless the Child is on now, Phil pisses me off in this one with his apparent sympathy for the parents who let their kid die because of their religion - it’s about the only time Phil pissed me off and I couldn’t believe he would defend those people. Logan was right, they were extremist nuts, there’s no excuse for letting the kid die just because they didn’t like medicine, Ben had the best line of the episode when he said if they wanted to martyr themselves they could but they had no right to martyr their child. I also liked when Ben pointed out that the church allowed the use of eyeglasses but didn’t allow medical treatment. I was glad the jury convicted and I liked Ben’s lines at the end about how the case was worth prosecuting even if the parents didn’t go to jail.

• Like 4

God Bless the Child is on now, Phil pisses me off in this one with his apparent sympathy for the parents who let their kid die because of their religion - it’s about the only time Phil pissed me off and I couldn’t believe he would defend those people. Logan was right, they were extremist nuts, there’s no excuse for letting the kid die just because they didn’t like medicine, Ben had the best line of the episode when he said if they wanted to martyr themselves they could but they had no right to martyr their child. I also liked when Ben pointed out that the church allowed the use of eyeglasses but didn’t allow medical treatment. I was glad the jury convicted and I liked Ben’s lines at the end about how the case was worth prosecuting even if the parents didn’t go to jail.

That is an infuriating episode. I hate that Phil sides with the parents' on this one. They were literally letting their child die. And it turns out this wasn't the first child they let die. I don't care what religion they are I can't believe their God wants them to let their children die instead of getting them help. Logan was right and yes Ben had the best line.  Also, a child shouldn't have to ask her mother why she couldn't have a doctor like her friend. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That is an infuriating episode. I hate that Phil sides with the parents' on this one. They were literally letting their child die. And it turns out this wasn't the first child they let die. I don't care what religion they are I can't believe their God wants them to let their children die instead of getting them help. Logan was right and yes Ben had the best line.  Also, a child shouldn't have to ask her mother why she couldn't have a doctor like her friend. 

Yes it was infuriating - I couldn’t believe Phil was sympathizing with the parents, Mike was right, they were wackos. And yes it was a heartbreaking detail that the child had to ask for a doctor. I hope the judge sent them to prison at the end, but Ben was right that even if they didn’t go to jail it was worth prosecuting to get the case on the books and maybe a child wouldn’t die in the future. Ben was such a great character and strong prosecutor, and I really like Robinette as well. Season 2 has a great cast lineup and great episodes. 

• Like 3