Type keyword(s) to search

Shay Mosley

• Start Topic

Am I alone in thinking this has character has either been written very badly or the actress is terrible.

I don't think the acting generally is as good as the original NCIS but this Mosley character is really really bad.

Why does she keep putting her hands on her hips? What is THAT all about? Nearly  every time we see her she either puts one hand or both hands on her hips - soooooo annoying!

Surely they could have either written in a better character (or actress) to be an DD?

• Love 1

You're not alone, but I disagree. I like Mosley's character and I think Nia Long is doing a good job. Mosley is not supposed to be likeable: she's an outsider sent with orders to dismantle the team, she has a chip on her shoulder, she's in charge of a team that distrusts and pretty much dislikes her, and she also has some personal issues that are a problem. As for her putting her hands on her hips, seriously? She could just let them hang down at her side like most of the cast does when they're not holding something--especially since her clothes don't have pockets. I don't find her hands on her hips nearly as annoying as Deeks' tic or Nell's wardrobe. There's always going to be something someone doesn't like about at least one character.

• Love 2

The other seemingly-shallow-but-really-not-so-shallow thing about Mosley is that one of her first acts was to remodel her office and install walls, not a feature of this particular organization.

Setting aside the expense, and that unnecessary office remodels/upgrades seems to be a mandatory action item for senior people in this administration, I have never had a new boss whose first priority was her/his office remodel who wound up being any damn good at the job.

In this franchise the new boss-level figures are either antagonists who must be opposed until they are redeemed because Show loves the actor and wants to keep them (Granger, Vance), or given the opportunity for redemption through suicidal saving of the regulars (what's his name who tried but failed to disarm the car bomb in the director's car in the Navy Yard outside Our Guys' building (the arc where Richard Schiff was the uber-villain and made the Most-Wanted wall right next to OBL)), or turn out to be a former love interest who somehow political'd her way to director and was endlessly inappropriate to her former boss but senior underling (Shepard).

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, kassygreene said:

The other seemingly-shallow-but-really-not-so-shallow thing about Mosley is that one of her first acts was to remodel her office and install walls, not a feature of this particular organization.

Mosley wants to feel comfortable and as she said, Hetty may not have erected physical walls, but she (Hetty) kept her team in the dark on many occasions. As for walls not being a "feature of this particular organization," Hetty isn't the organization. Most organizations reflect those at the top--for good or bad--and right now, the top person in L.A. is Mosley. This is a drama and so, yes, there are standard story lines. This is true for ANY drama (as one of my writing professors said, "There are no original stories, really. The characters, time, and locations change, but the basic stories--boy meets girl, the hero's journey, unrequited love, etc.--remain the same.").

IIRC Mosley spent a couple of episodes in a make-shift office using the couch in what I assume is some sort of team-lounge. I'm not holding it against her that she wanted a better office-space. She also did not take over Hetty's space and that she wanted something more private. Hetty's office is awesome but definitely not very practical for someone who has to handle highly sensitive data.

On 3/28/2018 at 2:45 PM, Pontywarrior said:

Am I alone in thinking this has character has either been written very badly or the actress is terrible.

I don't think the acting generally is as good as the original NCIS but this Mosley character is really really bad.

Why does she keep putting her hands on her hips? What is THAT all about? Nearly  every time we see her she either puts one hand or both hands on her hips - soooooo annoying!

Surely they could have either written in a better character (or actress) to be an DD?

I agree.  

She's a horrible actor (at least on this program).   

I'm sure we're supposed to care about her son soon, to make us somewhat sympathetic to her character, but ugh in general.   

And not just talking about Mosley, but actors on just about every show....why in the heck do TPTB insist that women with short legs wear extremely high heels?   It doesn't work!   They lumber around like Paul Bunyon, swinging from side to side looking like someone about to go into labor.   The 'clunk clunk clunk' drives me nuts.   It doesn't look sexy, it looks ridiculous.  

I rather hope she's killed off (or chooses to retire) in some team action to rescue her son from an evil kidnapping father. 

OTOH, I love the other new character, Harley.    

• Love 1

The hands on hip thing goes along with the high heels thing and the cleavage exposure thing. It’s all geared to make you notice Moseleys’ physical attributes. Because every mid- upper management person I know cares about projecting  that image (sarcasm).   

Moseley asked like she wanted Hettys office but it was too open. She was never supposed to have that office as she was not Hettys replacement. She was Grangers.  As the top executive on site( I think she is?). I guess she can decided to remodel.  However, it shouldn’t have been the thing uppermost on her mind. 

Seeing these episodes in syndication. DO NOT LIKE Mosley’s character!!! Idk if it’s the actress, the writing or what. I know her character is supposed to be hard and supposed bad-ass, But Nia Long does not pull off the acting very well. Miguel Ferrer was THEE best as Assistant Director Granger!! He wasn’t personable with the team, and pulled off being harsh & bad -ass. Hate watching the episodes with Nia Long!  

• Love 1
On 9/1/2020 at 7:23 PM, MyOpinion63 said:

Seeing these episodes in syndication. DO NOT LIKE Mosley’s character!!! Idk if it’s the actress, the writing or what. I know her character is supposed to be hard and supposed bad-ass, But Nia Long does not pull off the acting very well. Miguel Ferrer was THEE best as Assistant Director Granger!! He wasn’t personable with the team, and pulled off being harsh & bad -ass. Hate watching the episodes with Nia Long!  

I skip over the reruns with her. Liked Granger did not like Mosley.

• Love 2