Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Pane In The Glass

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

OK, before I hit on anything else...if I haven't mentioned it before I really love the opening credits for this season.  Might be the best thing in some epis.  Also, no no on another season of Angels.  I'm really not sure I can deal, plus now there are only three.  It hasn't been too heavy handed about who went on to this season of IM, but I have  sinking feeling if this goes on......  At any rate, really liked tonight, I have to say.  I LOVED the flash challenge and my least fav was actually AM's team, foreshadowing anyone?  But they were all cool.  Not totally sure I agree with the elimination though, but I did like the stone tattoo idea...if it had been done well overall.  I do think they should have picked someone to win though, there was some nice linework.

• Love 2

Was Daniel's really bad enough to be in the bottom? It looked dimensional enough. Was it because I was seeing it through the TV? The spots with plaster chipped off looked like missing plaster ...

I dunno. Despite Nunez's statements to the contrary, I wouldn't have been embarrassed to have it on me.

Seemed like maybe Anthony was judging on personality and the old "he doesn't listen" more than artwork. I get that Daniel's cockiness is rubbing people the wrong way, but just for self-interest the coaches should all be working to get their best artists into the finals, not necessarily their nicest.

I agreed that the other two in the bottom were very flat looking.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 6

i think the right choice went home, but I do agree with the judges that none of them were really good. I am more team Steve (the CT connections0, but love Anthony too. DJ and his team? I find them uber arrogant. Josh most of all, but DJ's not far off.

• Love 2

I know that Josh is supposed to be the villain of this season but I just can't hate him. He's arrogant and really good at getting under people's skin, however he rarely instigates (the critiquing the stencil was an exception - that was some petty behavior).  Compare him to a St. Marq and he is not only more talented, but much more entertaining. I also thought it was sweet that he gave Deanna such a positive pep talk. Why didn't that come from DJ?  

Speaking of DJ, I love how worked up he gets. He has no moderately annoyed state. He goes from calm to going to have a coronary with no warning. I think he is the least appealing person on this show by far, and I hate him more than any winner. But he is setting himself up with someone who is so easy to mess with. If Josh wasn't on his team, I guarantee that DJ would have been his target because DJ gets so wound up over nothing. 

• Love 3

When the flash challenge is more impressive than the tattoos, you know there’s a massive fail happening. The glass panels paintings were all very cool and I agreed with the judges that the battlefield scene was the best. But then came all the “stone” tats and boy did they suck. The best were only passable and the worst were   truly awful.  As good as what’s his name has been in the past that wolf was definitely worth being sent home for.  Just bad 

• Love 4

This is a complete aside and mostly just me venting (most likely poorly) but I FINALLY figured out who Daniel reminds me of.  He looks like a cross b/w Marcel from Top Chef and Pierson Fode (he's an actor, was on a soap The Bold and the Beautiful DON'T JUDGE ME).  It's been driving me nuts.  Which says a lot that I'm focused on look a likes rather than tattoos.  Or just tuning out the drama (La La La La).  On the other hand, if Angels is going to be on again that means more life for IM, so yes?  Yay?  I'm not sure.

• Love 2

Hold up hold up hold up......are they tattooing HOT AIR BALLOONS next week!?!?! We're going from stones to hot air balloons? No wonder we haven't seen many killer tattoos recently. How many ideas do you have to go through before you settle on hot air balloons.....?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Inkmaster0345 said:

Hold up hold up hold up......are they tattooing HOT AIR BALLOONS next week!?!?! We're going from stones to hot air balloons? No wonder we haven't seen many killer tattoos recently. How many ideas do you have to go through before you settle on hot air balloons.....?

Yeah, well, if they are out if ideas, here we go....................I didn't even think about that till you said something so, either really good, or really, really bad..................and ohhh, what next then???!!!  I don't like where this is going....

On 2/28/2018 at 3:31 PM, 2727 said:

Was Daniel's really bad enough to be in the bottom? It looked dimensional enough. Was it because I was seeing it through the TV? The spots with plaster chipped off looked like missing plaster ...

I dunno. Despite Nunez's statements to the contrary, I wouldn't have been embarrassed to have it on me.

I think that is one of those things where visually it looks ok but but if you are an expert you can see application faults that us non-experts don't see, 

I thought Frank was a goner.  His monkey/Mayan calendar was just a disaster.  I thought for sure he was going home and then he didn't even make the bottom 3.

On 3/1/2018 at 12:17 PM, Inkmaster0345 said:

Yeah some of the themes are getting a bit ridiculous now.  I actually don't mind if they just recycle some of the staples like, portraits, cover ups, pin ups, new school.  At least you know they will get some killer tattoos.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dstann said:

I actually don't mind if they just recycle some of the staples like, portraits, cover ups, pin ups, new school.  At least you know they will get some killer tattoos.

I do appreciate what you are saying, but it seems like when they get down to the brass tacks, super specific stuff, it can go horribly wrong.  Seems like the further this show goes on, the worse the pin ups get.  And the new school.  Though cover ups would be a challenge I could live with.  I think the talent level has gone down some in these last years....

• Love 2
On 3/2/2018 at 3:05 PM, dstann said:

Yeah some of the themes are getting a bit ridiculous now.  I actually don't mind if they just recycle some of the staples like, portraits, cover ups, pin ups, new school.  At least you know they will get some killer tattoos.

Definitely think that they need to go back to dictating style of the tattoo instead of subject matter. The style idea really finds a well rounded tattooist. When they dictate the content, it both takes away creativity and allows the tattooist to use the style they are most comfortable with. Go back to demonstrating that they have a grasp of the various genres instead of whether they can tattoo zombies or hot air balloons or wtf ever. 

• Love 7