Type keyword(s) to search

Whedonverse Mafia

• Start Topic

Not joining and refusing to join are different things. I found it very shady that for all the talk about inactives being dangerous you two didn't go after TMunz yourselves.

I am shady, because I'm in the dark. No allies and information like I had as Varys.. and zero show knowledge. And a bad case of strep helps too. If you want to DL me, go for it. But I'm not the Bad Guy you think I am.

If I wanted to start a DL against you I would have, I was merely pointing out to you that your actions are not doing you any favours but you got all defensive rather than take on board what I was saying. What you found shady has proved otherwise, TMunz was a hero and Athena is a villain, so now you KNOW it wasn't shady...amirite? Also, don't confuse being vocal with being the only players who had the same thought; it wasn't just 2 people saying that taking out the silent players was a good idea or even joining the Athena lynch, there were a number of us who all agreed it was, plus, remember I even said I would consider swapping to TMunz if that vote got more votes, then it all happened so quickly with the whole Anon thing it was moot anyway. 

That's what you need to take away from this.

FYI, shady is not the same as in the dark - I have no allies either, and I only know Buffy & Angel (which I watched years ago when they aired), so the rest is all out of my comfort zone too. 

Regardless, I hope you get well soon!

Edited by SilverStormm
  • Love 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So unless there's another power at work, I assume Athena's (Lilah's) continued villainous life is down to being a 2-kill; I guess there is only one way to test that theory out:

1 to DL Athena (SilverStormm) 7 to grant her eternal peace

I am posting from my phone...someone please add me to the Athena vote.

I stopped my vacation to post this... I am at Sunfest, West Palm Beach about to watch LENNY KRAVITZ ... that is how much I believe in this vote.

I don't see how Athena's NOT a two-kill Lilah, and like I said, I won't be around much for a few days, so I will throw in with this, but I do hope there is more discussion....

3 to DL Athena (SilverStormm, BizBuzz, Jesse) 5 to call in the senior partners

Edited by Jesse
  • Love 2

What you found shady has proved otherwise, TMunz was a hero and Athena is a villain, so now you KNOW it wasn't shady...amirite?

I said as much yesterday when I voted with you.

No defense, but a reminder that comparing my game play here to my Varys/GoT game play is unrealistic.

I would like to actually hear people talk instead of rushing a vote, especially one that seems obvious. Seems like it's been Night forever.

• Love 1

No defense, but a reminder that comparing my game play here to my Varys/GoT game play is unrealistic.

I haven't mentioned your GoT gameplay whatsoever, you brought that up not me?

I think it is a fool's errand to bring up previous games where we were all different characters with different motivations so I wouldn't do that, unlike some.

• Love 1

I haven't mentioned your GoT gameplay whatsoever, you brought that up not me?

I think it is a fool's errand to bring up previous games where we were all different characters with different motivations so I wouldn't do that, unlike some.

I would quote your post from a half hour ago (where you said I was shady 'this time around') but you edited it 10 minutes ago.

• Love 1

I would quote your post from a half hour ago (where you said I was shady 'this time around') but you edited it 10 minutes ago.

I simply meant 'during this round' as in, since the start of the whole silent players discussion, not in comparison to the GoT game. An easy misunderstanding. As I said, comparing to previous rounds is pointless unless you are suddenly HUGELY different. Which I think you are smart enough not to be anyway.

• Love 1

I'm also thinking Athena may be a 2 kill Lilah (crossing fingers that it isn't an elaborate protection set up that screws us!) and as I said I had done some extensive research and believed MarkHB was a hero (and we will aveng you!!) I also have done some more research and I don't think CP's clue against caprice is a strong one. I have a good feeling about caprice being heroic. With all that said, due to work insanity I am going to vote now just so I don't miss a DL, 

4 to DL Athena (SilverStormm, BizBuzz, Jesse, Lisin) 4 to call in the senior partners

• Love 3

Finally! A lynch I am officially here for! I reread a lot of your points over the last few days and reread all the discussions, so here we go.

6 to DL Athena (SilverStormm, BizBuzz, Jesse, Lisin, Drogo, Lady Calypso) 2 to move heaven and earth for justice

• Love 2

That's a wrap, folks. Final standing:

8 to DL Athena (SilverStormm, BizBuzz, Jesse, Lisin, Drogo, Lady Calypso, photo fox, Dougal) 0 to break out the rocket launcher for try #2

I'm going to bed now, and TJ is hopefully sound asleep at this point. So I suggest you all start drinking heavily. We'll be back when we're back!

• Love 5
I stopped my vacation to post this... I am at Sunfest, West Palm Beach about to watch LENNY KRAVITZ ... that is how much I believe in this vote.

I'm very happy for you... as I lay here bleeding out on the floor of a parking garage with the life slipping from my big, brown eyes!  ;)

• Love 6

I'm very happy for you... as I lay here bleeding out on the floor of a parking garage with the life slipping from my big, brown eyes!  ;)

Along with Buffy, I will avenge you my friend. 

• Love 2

Parking garages are one of the worst places to bleed out.  They charge more than the Plaza for a one-night stay.  :(

• Love 2

Night 4 - Fallout
LA Dollhouse

Victor was the first to reach Echo’s broken body. She wheezed, trying to speak, but she’d lost too much blood. Before too long she was still. “Echo, you can’t die…” Victor whispered. Echo had been one of the good ones, trying to help the Dolls get their lives back. Now she was gone.

Other people came running up. Victor turned to say “She’s dead” but only the first word made it out, as he was greeted by the sight of Echo standing before him. Victor jumped in shock. But then he remembered, this wasn’t Echo, it was the girl called Faith. He thought to himself “This is weird…”

Faith looked at the body with wide eyes. “This is too weird,” she said aloud. Everybody else around just nodded in agreement. Adelle emerged from the building and began to speak to her. “Echo, is Mr. Ballard all right? Have you-” She stopped as she saw the body on the ground. Then looked back up at Faith, confusion all over her face. “Which one is which?”

“I’m Faith,” the Slayer responded absently. Adelle’s eyes flew to the body. “So that’s...did she…?” Victor shook his head. “We still don’t know who the head of Rossum is. And that Lilah girl escaped.” Adelle sighed in disappointment. “Alright, let’s regroup inside.” With a lot of care, Victor picked up Echo’s body. He walked slowly inside, the rest of the group following him.

Sunnydale General Hospital
Lilah hung up the cell phone in the back seat of the limo as it pulled away from Sunnydale General Hospital. While there had been hiccups along the way, it did seem that things were finally falling into to place, and she was feeling satisfied with how things were going. Boyd had assured her that while he had not been able to retrieve Echo’s body, his cover was not yet blown within the Dollhouse. It seemed that Garrett was also successfully flying under the radar, still viewed as a SHIELD agent. Glory was a bit of a wild card; hanging out with delusional wannabe deities was a hazard of the job, clearly.

As she opened the small bar, the car drove along smoothly, and she poured herself a fine aged whiskey to savor while she went through some paperwork. After a bit, she set it aside, so that she could touch base with Quinn. She poured another whiskey, and pulled her tablet out and opened the comlink application that should bring him on screen. Instead, she was greeted with the image of a blank wall, and then a young man she didn’t recognize appeared.

“This thing just lit up, and there’s some woman on the screen!” the unidentified figure said to someone else, and then another man appeared. Lilah quickly reached to disconnect the link, but not before she heard, “Get a read on the coordinates pronto--“

She noticed the whiskey in her hand was shaking. This was not good. Quinn was compromised somehow. She quickly racked her brain, wondering how much he may have told them, what information could be gleaned from the equipment left behind. She’d been wise not to let Quinn in on too much, and once she disabled the equipment, they should not be able to link anyone together. They already knew she was an enemy, so the fact that they had seen her face didn’t concern her. She sighed with relief.

In fact, it gave her pride that the enemy knew who she was; she smiled as she took a sip from the small glass, then frowned as she noticed the car slowing, then stopping. The driver’s disembodied voice came over the speaker, “Ma’am? We seem to have a problem.” “What is it?” Lilah demanded, then finished the whiskey and leaned forward to peer out the window, willing the car’s forward movement to resume immediately.

That would not be the case. A dark shadow was cast over the car, and Lilah opened the door and stepped out. A large airplane was hovering over her vehicle. Hovering. She didn’t think she’d ever seen anything quite like this. Then a familiar voice came over some sort of loudspeaker system. “I think you will find escaping from us won’t be so easy this time.” Coulson! Dammit. How could he have found her so quickly, how could Quinn have been so careless!

Blood pumping, she turned, and began to run, thinking only of how she could escape. She didn’t notice the limo screeched away as she sprinted down the freeway; she took in the fact that there was no other traffic, but didn’t bother to fully process it. Her last thought as the bullets from the plane cut her down was that her heels were highly impractical for escaping.

Living Players
1. BizBuzz
2. Machiabelly
3. The Crazed Spruce
4. SilverStormm
5. Drogo
6. caprice
7. Lisin
8. Lady Calypso
9. JayKay
10. SVNBob
11. photo fox
12. CuriousParker
13. Dougal
14. Jesse

Killed in Classic Whedon Style
NPC-Bennett Halverson, a HERO. Could have killed you with her brain, if Joss didn’t so enjoy killing characters in front of their loved ones
NPC-Joyce Summers, a HERO. She was a good mom.
Oinky Boinky-Buffy Summers, a HERO and LOVER. The Slayer and a damn good one. Her nemesis-turned-ally Faith brought her first love Angel back to her. Could communicate with ANGEL outside of the game.
TMunz-Cordelia Chase, a HERO and SEER. Had changed since she was last in Sunnydale, and was still learning to work with her new gift. A reformed ‘mean girl,’ the snark remained strong with her. Was told each Night via her visions where the clues in the previous two stories were.
egavasc-Ian Quinn, a VILLAIN and JUST A PRETTY FACE. A rich and powerful enemy of SHIELD. He had become a part of Rossum’s plans to take over the world. Without any exceptional skills, however, he mainly paid for things and helped scheme.
MarkHB-Echo/Caroline Farrell, a HERO and JACK OF ALL TRADES. All of her various imprints had left her with many skills. Each Night, had the option of gaining an extra life, doing a full investigation, or protecting someone else. Each of these powers was ONLY 1 use each. (That is, if she used the extra life and was attacked that Night, she would survive but could not use the extra life again.)
Athena-Lilah Morgan, a VILLAIN and DEALMAKER. As Vice President of Special Projects at Wolfram & Hart, handled a lot of shady dealings. Had a contentious relationship with Angel Investigations in the past, but had been known to put feelings aside to work for a ‘greater good.’ Of course, it WAS her definition of ‘greater good’ so YMMV!  Had an extra 'anonymous' vote to cast for Day lynches; could PM it to us during the time the Day lynch was taking place. (This was in addition to her original vote under her screen name.)

So you have 24 hours for Night actions to be submitted. It will end ~12:30 PM Eastern on Friday at the latest. The previous story contained 1 clue. Thank you for your time. The bar is open.

Edited by TJtrack99
  • Love 3

Can I just say ... that even though this and the last game has been incredibly intense, I am going to LOVE MODDING A GAME of TPB with SS?!?!?!?!

Cause of stuff just like the above two posts! 

All of the worlds problems can be solved with a carefully selected quote from that movie.  At least in my life?

Bartender?  I am feeling generous, a round of ANYTHING for the house ... just nothing that tastes like licorice!

• Love 3

Awwww I've been having a really good day today, and I come in here and it's like Christmas morning. It could be the 1000mg of Taurine talking, but I love everyone in this bar!

• Love 4

Day 5 - Onslaught
LA Dollhouse

Giles put his freshly cleaned glasses back on his nose and observed what was going on in the lab. Fitz and Topher were chatting about the imprints and if there was a safe way to put Caroline into a different Doll (Sierra had already volunteered). Willow and Tara cuddled in the corner. Faith, Ward, and Gunn were still comparing war stories. Angel was having yet more tests run on him by Simmons...though the former librarian wondered why the vampire had to have his shirt off for them.

And apparently he wasn’t the only one who thought so, as May spat out “Simmons, tell him to get dressed” as she stalked into the room. Simmons’ cheeks flushed as she nodded and Angel put his shirt back on, the vampire giving her an almost apologetic smile. “You seem awfully hard on her,” Giles observed. May gave him another dour look. “You do remember that she and the other two nearly wrecked my jet?” “Yes, but they didn’t, and they were coming to warn you.” Giles looked down as he painfully concluded “That’s the problem with working with young people. They have great intentions but...they tend not to think things through, so the execution is usually far from perfect.”

May sighed and nodded. “I know, I’m just trying not to get them killed.” She met Giles’ eyes and quickly corrected “To get anyone else killed.” Giles gave her a small smile of appreciation.

Naturally, the perimeter alarm chose this moment to start blaring. Adelle came rushing in. “Someone’s breached the secret entrance.” She showed them her tablet of security camera footage. It was Whiskey, leading a whole squadron of uniformed agents. “HYDRA,” May seethed. Adelle looked around. “Where’s your boss, Agent Coulson?” “Catching up what’s left of SHIELD on our engagements with Quinn and the lawyer.” May pointed at Ward and Victor. “You two, with me. We’re gonna hold them off.” Fitz and Simmons got to their feet. “We can-”

“STAY. HERE.” May ordered them as she headed out the door with the two fighters. The two young scientists sat down, dejected looks on their faces. Giles had seen that look plenty of times before on Buffy’s face (and more frequently on Dawn’s). He went over to them and quietly said “I’m sure she’s just looking out for you.” Adelle was fiddling with her tablet, trying to get their own security team to respond as well. Everyone felt sure that the good guys who hold off HYDRA this time.
~~~
Across the Dollhouse, Boyd and Glory were sneaking towards the medical wing. “Handy secret entrance there,” Glory said, craning her neck to look around. Boyd pulled her into the room and quietly closed the door. “Yes, and it will only remain a secret if they don’t spot us,” he admonished. Glory rolled her eyes. “Not like it’ll matter if they do. They can’t hurt me, you know. No human weapon can.” “Uh huh,” Boyd said distractedly, as he was already searching through the filing cabinets.

Alarms started flashing in the room. Boyd noted “They’re locking down, that must be Clive and the distraction.” Glory pouted. “Why couldn’t I be part of the distraction? All your little soldiers out there are mortal.” “You’re my muscle in case something goes wrong. You remember the rendezvous point, right?” “Yes, DAD,” Glory said sarcastically. “I really wanna kill somebody though!”

“Got it!” Boyd had been ignoring Glory as he searched the records, and had found his objective: Echo’s file. “Let’s go.” The two went to leave the room. When they did, a new set of alarms started ringing. Boyd looked up, saying “That’s new…” Glory shoved him toward the exit. “You make your getaway, little man. I’ve got this.”
~~~
A new alert went out. “NOW what??” asked Tara. Topher stated “That’s the alarm for classified information being moved somewhere it shouldn’t…” Adelle kept switching cameras until she found the one outside the medical wing. On it she saw a blonde woman running toward the garage.

“Th-that’s her, G-Glory,” Willow said nervously, looking over Adelle’s shoulder. She sniffed and added “The girl who killed B-Buffy.” Angel growled and stalked towards the door. “Hold on-” Wesley started, moving in front of him, but Angel shoved him aside. “Didn’t you say this chick was a god?” Faith asked Willow. Angel glanced back. “Even gods can be killed.”

He took off running toward the exit. Wesley grumbled and said “Come on!” Faith and Gunn joined him as they ran after Angel. The vampire was fastest though, reaching Glory as she entered the garage. She didn’t move to the secret exit yet, as she heard somebody coming. Glory turned around and looked delighted. “Oooh, a vampire, I haven’t fought one of you in a while.” “I’ll be the last one,” Angel said in a low voice, as Faith, Gunn, and finally Wesley burst through the door close behind him.

Glory and Angel circled each other, taking jabs at each other, while Faith and Gunn scanned the garage for items that would work as weapons. Wesley, meanwhile, attempted to convince the combatants to see reason. “I say, resorting to fisticuffs is rather unnecessary, don’t you think?” he said to no one in particular. “Look, Princess Margaret, either help or get out!” Faith yelled as she threw a piece of rebar to Angel. He used it to roundhouse Glory across the abdomen, and she breathed out an “OOMPH” before straightening and stalking towards Faith. “Hey there, pretty girl, c’mere, mama is getting hungry!”

Gunn threw a length of chain he found to Angel, and he managed to cut Glory off before she got to Faith. Glory took the end of a split link to the face, opening a cut, and what appeared to be blood running down her cheek, which she licked off. “Okay, enough of this foolishness. I cannot be bothered to play with you feeble playthings anymore.” Gunn stood closest to her, and began to slowly back away, but a slow and evil smile broke across Glory’s face.

She quickly strode the distance towards Gunn, but before she could reach him, Wesley stepped between them, and he put up his hand. “If you need to depart, I think now would the time for us to--” “Enough!” Glory thundered, reaching her hands out towards Wesley, her slender fingers outstretched. As she reached him, Wesley faced her without fear on his face; she touched his temple, and he hoarsely choked out, “Go, devil, or--” before her fingers somehow ENTERED his temple. “Ahhhhhhhhhhh,” Glory groaned, while pain was etched in Wesley’s face, his mouth open in a silent scream, as a strange glow emanated from her hands.

Angel had grabbed Gunn’s arm and held him back, while also stopping Faith, “No, we need to go, this is going to re-energize her. There’s...nothing we can do for Wesley now.” Angel pulled both of them with him as he headed towards the exit from the garage. “We need to get her away from the rest of the team. Lead her on a chase. Let’s go.” The three exited and ran, as Glory finally withdrew her fingers from Wesley’s head before snapping his neck, and then letting him fall to the ground with an undignified thump. “Oh, MUCH better,” Glory purred as she stretched, then blinked and glanced around. “Oh, damnation, now where did those toys go?” She stalked out of the garage in search of her prey.
~~
There was silence in the security office as the gathered crowd watched the fight play out, and then a gasp as Glory left Wesley’s body on the garage floor. Willow clung to Tara, weeping, as Simmons buried her face in Fitz’s shoulder, trying to hold back her own sobs and failing. Giles and Adelle turned from the monitor at almost the same moment, and left the room.

In the hallway, they met May returning with Ward and Victor, and seeing their faces May immediately asked, “What happened?” Adelle debriefed them on the situation before leaving to check on the remaining Dollhouse security. May looked at Giles, and said quietly, “I’m sorry for your loss. Losing them is harder than . . .” Giles nodded, and gravely rasped, “He was a good man.” May gave a quick nod, and said not unkindly, “I’m sure he was.” They stood there in silence for many minutes.

Living Players
1. BizBuzz
2. Machiabelly
3. The Crazed Spruce
4. SilverStormm
5. Drogo
6. caprice
7. Lady Calypso
8. JayKay
9. SVNBob
10. photo fox
11. CuriousParker
12. Dougal
13. Jesse

Killed in Classic Whedon Style
NPC-Bennett Halverson, a HERO. Could have killed you with her brain, if Joss didn’t so enjoy killing characters in front of their loved ones
NPC-Joyce Summers, a HERO. She was a good mom.
Oinky Boinky-BUFFY SUMMERS, a HERO and LOVER. The Slayer and a damn good one. Her nemesis-turned-ally Faith brought her first love Angel back to her. Could communicate with ANGEL outside of the game.
TMunz-CORDELIA CHASE, a HERO and SEER. Had changed since she was last in Sunnydale, and was still learning to work with her new gift. A reformed ‘mean girl,’ the snark remained strong with her. Was told each Night via her visions where the clues in the previous two stories were.
egavasc-IAN QUINN, a VILLAIN and JUST A PRETTY FACE. A rich and powerful enemy of SHIELD. He had become a part of Rossum’s plans to take over the world. Without any exceptional skills, however, he mainly paid for things and helped scheme.
MarkHB-ECHO/CAROLINE FARRELL, a HERO and JACK OF ALL TRADES. All of her various imprints had left her with many skills. Each Night, had the option of gaining an extra life, doing a full investigation, or protecting someone else. Each of these powers was ONLY 1 use each. (That is, if she used the extra life and was attacked that Night, she would survive but could not use the extra life again.)
Athena-Lilah Morgan, a VILLAIN and DEALMAKER. As Vice President of Special Projects at Wolfram & Hart, handled a lot of shady dealings. Had a contentious relationship with Angel Investigations in the past, but had been known to put feelings aside to work for a ‘greater good.’ Of course, it WAS her definition of ‘greater good’ so YMMV!  Had an extra 'anonymous' vote to cast for Day lynches; could PM it to us during the time the Day lynch was taking place. (This was in addition to her original vote under her screen name.)
Lisin-Wesley Wyndham-Price, a HERO and EMPATH. As a former member of the Watchers Council, he had seen more than his share of paranormal events. Was adjusting to being the ‘right hand’ at Angel Investigations, and sometimes struggled with holding back from taking the lead. Each Night, could PM us to find out the alignment of another player.

So you have 48 hours for Day. You have until 10:15 PM ET on Saturday to complete a DL.

SPECIAL NOTE: Since the end of Day falls in the middle of the weekend, if 50% of participants (so 7 of you) have NOT voted by close of Day on Saturday, Day will automatically end. If 50% or more have participated (again, 7), Day will be extended 24 hours, until 10:15 PM ET on Sunday evening. If votes are withdrawn, and the total count drops below 7, Day will automatically end.

The previous story contained 1 clue. Thank you for your time. Resume the bloodletting and killing of the so so many characters. Have a nice day!

• Love 3

O

M

G

I have so much to say, but too stinking tired to say it tonight.

I will say this ... I have to hand it to TJ and Stacey, they are kicking out these stories like there is no tomorrow ... I don't think I have ever seen a game move this fast!

And for the record ... I don't know ANYTHING else at this point, but I do have my suspicions ... which I will save until tomorrow.

Until then, I am zzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Love 1

So when TJ and stacey say "Don't get used to this, we won't have the next story this quickly" what they really mean is "We are going be breaking records all day today, m*****f****s."  Amazing job on turning out exciting stories, with no typos or boring parts, in Guinness-cracking record time. 

I don't know who Lisin's character is (because I really only knew Buffy- from the movie, not the show) but I do love me some Lisin.  You will be missed, Baratheon brother. 

I'm probably going to have to read this Day story a few hundred times, but I was thinking about the "Oregon vintage" clue we were discussing and I was wondering if there might be a different meaning to the word "vintage" - wine seems like it might be too obvious given that they were actually referring to wine in the story.  I started thinking of "vintage" in terms of "old" - and that took me to the Oregon Trail (the actual Oregon Trail... not the video game that killed your whole family of dysentery in the 80's.) 

There are a bunch of major players in Oregon's settlement history with the first name Jesse.  Also, a state park in Oregon called Jessie Honeyman. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Applegate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Quinn_Thornton

http://www.yelp.com/biz/jessie-m-honeyman-memorial-state-park-florence 

• Love 2

Being on vacation, trying to do Mafia ... those two don't mix!  My brain is fried, not to mention my hearing (dare I say I am getting too old for some things???) ...

So the first few days were a whirlwind, we were all game-playing PEOPLE rather than CLUES ... now I am thinking we have to get serious with the clues.  ::giggle::

Athena was the anon voter and she voted to end her own life once, nicely played!!!  So much for her being a two-kill … someone was protecting her hmmmm …was it hero or villain?  Whatever the protector was, it is obvious they couldn’t protect her two times in a row, so I am glad we gave that another chance. 

Still unclear how her power worked.  If any of the vets would mind explaining?

This whole wine thing keeps coming up, was it JayKay who mentioned something about it being related to either trees (The Crazed Spruce) or a Douglas County (Dougal) ... and now we have Drogo leaning towards Jesse?

It's sad we lost our investigator ... that is going to hurt us heroes, that is for sure.  

Thoughts? 

• Love 2

Being on vacation, trying to do Mafia ... those two don't mix!  My brain is fried, not to mention my hearing (dare I say I am getting too old for some things???) ...

So the first few days were a whirlwind, we were all game-playing PEOPLE rather than CLUES ... now I am thinking we have to get serious with the clues.  ::giggle::

Athena was the anon voter and she voted to end her own life once, nicely played!!!  So much for her being a two-kill … someone was protecting her hmmmm …was it hero or villain?  Whatever the protector was, it is obvious they couldn’t protect her two times in a row, so I am glad we gave that another chance. 

This whole wine thing keeps coming up, was it JayKay who mentioned something about it being related to either trees (The Crazed Spruce) or a Douglas County (Dougal) ... and now we have Drogo leaning towards Jesse?

It's sad we lost our investigator ... that is going to hurt us heroes, that is for sure.  

Thoughts? 

We had some mixed opinions of what Anonymous meant before we knew whose power it was based on other games folks had played in.  According to Athena's bio: she had an extra vote she could play every day in addition to her own vote.  It took Survivor 10,000 seasons to give someone an extra vote advantage (which they did last week)-- so TJ/stacey beat them to the punch.  Nice foresight, you guys.

Definitely sucks to lose the investigator, but at least Lisin shared her info with us while she could.  *Worse that we had a seer who could ask where the clues were and they never shared any of the info with us.  I get it, RL, but still - could have been pretty helpful. 

It's actually kind of funny how many clues we found in the last game when there weren't any word clues, just acrostics - and in this game we can't find clues that are probably right in our faces. 

“Didn’t you say this chick was a god?”

Does "chick" sound out of place here?  Or is it story for Faith?

• Love 1

Still unclear how her power worked. If any of the vets would mind explaining?

Don't know if I count as a vet for having played exactly one more game than you have :) – but I think she could just tell the mods to add a vote for whatever DL. Looks like there weren't any constraints about having to have voted for it herself first or aprotect like some were speculating. Also no mention of a two-kill power, so must have been someone protecting her....

We'll, obviously it's not a clue against me since we just had that conversation about how my name isn't Douglas. :) Also, last I checked wine doesn't grow on trees. The Jesse thing looks more interesting; maybe I'll poke around at some Oregon history later....

Yep, definitely; poor Wesley, though at least he didn't

get his throat slit and get abandoned by his friends

this time around. Rogue demon hunter, you'll be missed.

ETA: whoops, cross-posted with Drogo.

Does "chick" sound out of place here? Or is it story for Faith?

Sounds like the way Faith talks, to me anyway.
  • Love 2

Going back to an older clue about Tara's "sharp praise" - I half-joking said that sharp makes me think of cheese, and at least 1 or 2 others agreed.

You do say "cheese" when you take a photo.  

• Love 1

R.I.P. Lisin. We may not be Avengers but we'll do our best. I'm not surprised they killed Lisin. She cleared CuriousParker, Mark and caprice. I want to hear from the survivors and see what they think.

The tree thing was because Pinot means "pine-cone" according to wiki. I'm honestly not looking that closely at any of them. Just throwing out ideas. But TJ used Douglas for Dougal in that earlier game, so it's worth considering.

I'll be back later. Hopefully more folks have thoughts.

• Love 3

It's actually kind of funny how many clues we found in the last game when there weren't any word clues, just acrostics - and in this game we can't find clues that are probably right in our faces.

I don't know ... after all, this is a TJ (and Stacey) game, I don't think there is such a thing as a "right in our face" clue.  ::giggle::

We'll, obviously it's not a clue against me since we just had that conversation about how my name isn't Douglas. :) Also, last I checked wine doesn't grow on trees. The Jesse thing looks more interesting; maybe I'll poke around at some Oregon history later....

Being that I am about to be a Mod in the next game, and assuming you might be a villain, I would have a hard time linking anything to Dougal ... so I can give a little leeway to Douglas ... but for the record, my sites are not on you ... as of yet.  HA!

Yeah, having the clue power and not using it ... that hurt us for sure ... these clues are tough to find.

So, if we are not thinking the wine thing will stick ... what about my clue awhile back on the association of tumblers with the team in New Jersey, both mentioned in one of the first few stories leading to JayKay?

You do say "cheese" when you take a photo.

Hate to say it, but she is on my radar, so this might be a good direction?  Is she one of the ones SVNBob mentioned ... let's look:

So let's look at the DLs. Specifically the two voting blocs for the deceased, except for V. The blocs in question in order by day are:

• Oinky Boinky, Drogo, Jesse, Dougal, Lisin, Spruce, egavasc, SilverStormm, photo fox.
  • Drogo, caprice, JayKay, SVNBob, photo fox, Athena, egavasc, Spruce, Dougal

With a starting pool of 19, a team of 5 Villains sounds about right. That's close to the classic 3 to 1 ratio for a game. And looking at both these lists, I see 5 names in common: Drogo, Spruce, egavasc, Dougal, and photo fox.

Hmmmm ... of the five that are suspect ... only one is gone, egavasc.

photo fox might just be a good choice.

Thoughts?

• Love 1

I can see why I might appear to be a villain, but I'm a hero! Just one with limited skills. lol

There is someone who can vouch for me if a vote starts on me. It would be too sad if we were separated so early, especially because of something I've done.

• Love 2
(edited)

Well hang on a minute... Your username's like mine, Dougal - impossible to really link to, so you'd get Douglas and I'd probably get something dragon related.  I could see you being linked to something Douglas-y for sure.   Though I don't think the case for Oregon Wine-->Pinot-->Pinot means pinecone-->Pinecones in Douglas County is a particularly strong one.  Not even a reasonable for Spruce, and he's literally named for an evergreen. 

According to this online translator (and 2 others) "pinot" doesn't actually mean pinecone in French, it's just the name of a grape.  Pine is 'pin' and pinecone is 'pomme de pin'..  JayKay, where did you come across the pinecone definition? 

LMK if anyone finds more Jesse's hanging around Oregon's history books.  I thought it sounded kinda TJ-like to be more abstract with the "vintage" definition. 

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 2

I'm on the road today, so you'll have to bear with me for the link and exact excerpt, Drogo, but it was on Wikipedia. I was looking up pinot noir after reading about the prominent Oregon wines (also from wiki). There's also a second pinot from Oregon that's prominent.

As far as clues pointing to Drogo, I haven't found anything that sticks. And I've learned about Jason Momoa, Stargate Atlantis, Polynesian name meanings and good old IMDB in my quest to. I've found nothing that links to Drogo and I can usually find stuff for everyone if I dig deep enough. So for now, I don't think there's anything malicious in your suspicion of me and I want to reassure you that I'm no baddie.

I also would love to see Bob's revised list of (non) suspects. For real.

• Love 2

Well hang on a minute... Your username's like mine, Dougal - impossible to really link to, so you'd get Douglas and I'd probably get something dragon related.  I could see you being linked to something Douglas-y for sure.

Yeah, no, I get it. It's still a pretty weak connection.

There's plenty of possibilities for your name other than dragons. Since I'm playing around with the idea of modding a game in the not-too-distant future, though, maybe I won't list them all off. :)

• Love 3

I also get it, guys. Sometimes, the names that you have can be a bit tougher to get clues out of. I mean, it's more fun that way, but also tough. It's why I ended up changing my name (while also needing a change). I think Lady Calypso sounds better than jessied112 anyway.

As for clues, I'm feeling a bit shaky about the photo fox clues. As well as the harder names, there's also the really, really easy names to get things out of, like Spruce and photo fox. I'm feeling more grounded about the Jesse clues, to be perfectly honest. I do love TJ's games, and now I love stacey's, because of the harder, more subtle clues that are always presented. It makes it so much fun and more of a challenge for me to find them! So I'll be on the hunt for clues and I'll see what I can dig up.

See? With summer starting and me still looking for a job, I can contribute...somewhat!

• Love 3

As far as clues pointing to Drogo, I haven't found anything that sticks. And I've learned about Jason Momoa, Stargate Atlantis, Polynesian name meanings and good old IMDB in my quest to. I've found nothing that links to Drogo and I can usually find stuff for everyone if I dig deep enough. So for now, I don't think there's anything malicious in your suspicion of me and I want to reassure you that I'm no baddie.

There's plenty of possibilities for your name other than dragons. Since I'm playing around with the idea of modding a game in the not-too-distant future, though, maybe I won't list them all off. :)

When I was a villain I was cooooooonstantly looking for clues for myself... I imagined that they would have to either do with horses, grunting or long hair.  ;)  Nope, my clue was "Despite Romance Once Golden, O..."   I would have never found it.  In ten million years. 

• Love 5

It would be too sad if we were separated so early, especially because of something I've done.

Since photo fox posted this, I have thought it a very curious thing to say, which leads me to believe that she isn't villainous at all, but has a friend in the game she is most attached too, and I think I know who that is.

I am now removing her from my suspect list, and placing someone else ... Dougal ... and I tell you why ... going over past stories, night and day, there was this in Day 4:

The carnage had let the California native heal some of the mental wounds suffered at the hands of HYDRA.

If you Google that bolded phrase, one of the links is this.  Under "Other Conifers" we find this:

Douglas-Fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii)

Bigcone Douglas-Fir (Pseudotsuga macrocarpa) - Central Coast and Santa Susana Mountains.

Under "Sunny Habitats" there is this:

Douglas Iris (Iris douglasiana) and 'Pacific Coast' hybrids

Now, I know Dougal will come back with "we have already discussed" blah blah blah, but this is a TJ/Stacey game, and he has done it before using Douglas for Dougal.  So ... alls I am saying is that it's worth discussion.

Don't mess with someone on a warpath of revenge.

• Love 3

First, my apologies for being absent for so long. I'm still not on top of my headaches, but I didn't want to miss a full week of game.

Second, I'm sorry we lost you, Lis!

Thoughts? 

My first thought here? Biz, you're nuts for trying to keep up with the game and be on vacation. Then, Lenny Freaking Kravitz? LUCKY!!!

Wine and trees? Well, maybe, but those are really unusual. The ones I've seen are generally home-brewed and I've never seen them here.

R.I.P. Lisin. We may not be Avengers but we'll do our best. I'm not surprised they killed Lisin. She cleared CuriousParker, Mark and caprice. I want to hear from the survivors and see what they think.

The tree thing was because Pinot means "pine-cone" according to wiki. I'm honestly not looking that closely at any of them. Just throwing out ideas. But TJ used Douglas for Dougal in that earlier game, so it's worth considering.

I'll be back later. Hopefully more folks have thoughts.

Since the discussion is coming from the mention of wine, pinot does not mean pine cone. Wines generally get their name from the type of grape used: cabernet, chardonnay, pinot.

Because we seem to be looking at "Oregon vintage," and pinot noir is the primary wine made in Oregon, I could be swayed to look at jesse.

• Love 2