Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Bunny

When Nellie Oleson is seriously injured after falling from Bunny, a horse that used to belong to Laura, Nellie's mother blames Laura for the accident and orders the animal destroyed. But Laura secretly steals her still-beloved Bunny away from Mrs. Oleson's vengeance, and resigns herself to the penance of waiting hand and foot on a demanding, bedridden Nellie.

The ending of this ep really disturbed me when Nellie went so psycho--also because she ruined all that stuff. I was with Willy wanting to stop her!

Also I can't ever really enjoy that wheelchair scene because although I get how it's supposed to play, I always worry that pushing somebody down a hill in a wheelchair could totally hurt them. Like, what if Nellie was actually paralyzed this time??! 

Everyone is awful in this episode!  Nellie abuses a horse, fakes injury, blackmails Laura, and guilt trips her mother into buying her half of the worldly goods in Hero Township.  Mrs. Oleson screeches at Laura, blames her for a pure accident, and orders Nels to kill an abused animal.  Laura is a horse thief (they used to hang a man for that), and then, when she discovers Nellue’s deception, she pushes her wheelchair down a hill, risking Nellie’s life in a very real and deliberate way.  And then Nels, on whom I can usually depend to have some sense, tells Laura she’s “quite a girl” and rewards her for nearly killing Nellie and stealing Bunny by giving her Bunny.  Ugh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:12 PM, Marmiarmo said:

Everyone is awful in this episode!  Nellie abuses a horse, fakes injury, blackmails Laura, and guilt trips her mother into buying her half of the worldly goods in Hero Township.  Mrs. Oleson screeches at Laura, blames her for a pure accident, and orders Nels to kill an abused animal.  Laura is a horse thief (they used to hang a man for that), and then, when she discovers Nellue’s deception, she pushes her wheelchair down a hill, risking Nellie’s life in a very real and deliberate way.  And then Nels, on whom I can usually depend to have some sense, tells Laura she’s “quite a girl” and rewards her for nearly killing Nellie and stealing Bunny by giving her Bunny.  Ugh.

I'll give you everything but Nels.  Yes, he was rewarding bad behavior. But, at the same time he was doing what was best for Bunny.  Harriet would sell her to a glue factory.  Nellie would abuse her.  I just hope when she got home, Charles punished her.

• Love 1