Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Scars

Well, that kid that Brandon's dating totally signed her death certificate when she put Brandon in charge of making medical decisions for her.   There is no way the show is going to end without Brandon having to decide to pull the plug on this kid.   Too bad.  She was adorable and more importantly she isn't Callie.

I really missed Mariana and Jesus in this episode.

That's pretty much all I've got.

• Love 5

Stef really has no idea why she'd be having anxiety? After all she's been through, I have no idea why she wouldn't!

Is Callie reluctant to get back together with Aaron because she doesn't want something serious and she feels for him too much?? It seems like she's over the anger she felt towards him before, because it hasn't seemed like she's holding a grudge of any kind during their friendship scenes. But I hate the tv thing of people not talking about what is going on, and just acting weird and running off instead of explaining themselves.

I admit I did not see it coming that the ICE guy following Callie was actually following her to apologize and offer info.

I wish they'd had more folks go with them to warn the kids about the raid.

Making someone your health proxy without discussing it with them? Never ends well.

I used to love Jude. Now he just annoys me, even when he's not actually doing anything terrible. Was Hayden always a terrible actor and I didn't notice before??? I feel the same way about the guy who plays Noah, too. It's like neither one of them is even trying to be convincing. I don't think it's the writing. I really think it's the acting.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

Making someone your health proxy without discussing it with them? Never ends well.

That was a huge eye roll for me. 

I also rolled my eyes at the ICE agent following Callie around to apologize, and then warn her ahead of time about a raid.  That's too far-fetched to be remotely plausible. 

• Love 4

Oh joy, and here we really start the road to Grace's death, now accompanied by future angry parents and a confused eighteen year old who really shouldn't be in charge of making important medical decisions for his girlfriend! Seriously, the two haven't been going out that long. It's probably only been five months, at most. I love the couple, don't get me wrong, but when Grace slips into a coma and Brandon's the one to decide whether to pull the plug or not, he's going to lose his mind. That's a decision that will stick with him for the rest of his life. 

Yeah, the ICE agent following Callie, only to apologize and give her information? Sure, that's believable. Now I'm back on the annoyance train here. It's just plain ridiculous for a grown-ass man to be practically begging for a seventeen year old's help. Also, Callie's disgust at the ICE agent not doing everything in his power to change the system is incredibly naive of her. But I guess that's a teenager for you; they can't always see the entire picture. 

On the plus side, I do enjoy Aaron's story. I'm not really needing him and Callie to get back together, but his story genuinely interests me. 

So, Stef is starting to get to the root of the issue. Slowly, mind you, but she's starting to figure it out. I mean, it all started up again when Tess admitted she was questioning her sexuality. Along with now new information that this happened once before when Stef was figuring out her own sexuality, and....I still have no idea what the actual root is going to end up being. It is nice to see more Stef/Brandon scenes. I feel like they took a long break from them, so it's nice to get back to it. 

I don't even want to talk about Jude's dumbass storyline. I just wish I could have been fast forwarding while I was watching it. Perhaps I should have just changed the channel. He's a little brat, plain and simple. When the show gets me to feel bad for Noah, a character I have not liked at all, there's a problem with your main kid character. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, Stef is starting to get to the root of the issue. Slowly, mind you, but she's starting to figure it out. I mean, it all started up again when Tess admitted she was questioning her sexuality. Along with now new information that this happened once before when Stef was figuring out her own sexuality, and....I still have no idea what the actual root is going to end up being. It is nice to see more Stef/Brandon scenes. I feel like they took a long break from them, so it's nice to get back to it.

I too, think she starting to figure out the root of her attacks. I think it has something to do with Tess. Like the therapist said, so your crush moved next door to you, do you think that's the cause? I think it is part the cause, but why?

Like Brandon reminded her, right before her and Mike split, she had a similar attack. She said that it was because she was questioning her sexuality. If I remember correctly, that was when she first met Lena right?? She was trying to get Brandon into school, and her Lena sorta had this connection. I'm guess all the suppressed feeling she tried to hide manifested into attacks. until she  confronted them head on...

I'm hoping against all hope, that it doesn't end bad with her and Lena. Because I really think it has something to do with  Stef's feelings towardsTess. Does she still have romantic feelings for her? Especially being that they were best friends and she loved her in a way more than friends ... then it comes out that she too actually harbored those same feeling?? I thin that could mess with anyone's mental... especially if that was the first person you ever loved... do you actually get over that, and really when everything was so unresolved the first time??

wait ... something else just hit me. Why did Callie get so weird at the end when Arron told her that he went on a date and asked her if they were getting back together?? Was she genuinely not ready for them to be back together? Was she upset that he went on  date? Or was she confused/concerned that fact that she kissed Ximena and hasn't told him??

Edited by TLCHP1987

Oh, this whole "Brandon becomes Graces medical point person" thing is going to end SO badly. It sucks because I like them, but I can already imagine Brandon having to pull the plug on Grace or some such thing, and that is going to suck for everyone involved. Getting your 18 year old boyfriend to make your medical decisions is bad on the best day, and even worst considering she didn't even ask him. And while I've really warmed to Brandon this season, the guy hasn't always made the best life choices, what with the sister screwing and all. 

So, are Steffs panic attacks about her ex showing up and her getting divorced? Because it would really make more sense if they realized that its because her kids seemingly cant go five minutes without almost getting arrested, assaulted, or killed. After the year or two she has had, I dont blame her for having panic attacks. I hope she doesn't have some secret feelings still for her friend, and that leads to trouble for her and Lena. 

I like Aaron as a character, and think his story is interesting, but I still dont like him and Callie much as a couple. They just started off so sketchy, I dont think they ever really got past that. I was surprised to see the ICE guy actually trying to help, probably the biggest twist this show has had in a long time. The scene with Callie, Aaron, and Mariana at the school was super intense. Poor kids. 

Can they please give Jude a decent story? PLEASE?!

• Love 4

I am so happy nothing happened to Aaron in lockup. Callie actually did the right thing and called an adult to handle the situation! 

Stef needs to be in therapy, she’s got a very stressful job and her family has been through upheaval in the last few years. One good stroke of parenting in this episode was Lena coming down on Jude for the specific rules regarding his gaming stream- stef was right so many predatory relationships start online. 

• Love 1

Finally catching up. Impressed that Callie went to Stef to help Aaron. Also liked the Brandon/Grace's mother scene and especially Brandon helping Stef after her panic attack. 

What has happened to Jude? I loved little Judicorn; not at all enthralled with Teenage Jude. Ugh.