Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Alaskan Temptress

OMG, that woman should still be in prison.

I don’t care about a letter written by a poor man who knows he’s about to be killed.... and it’s a shame that it’s what let her out of jail. 

They had her emails to the other boyfriend, plotting the murder. His son saw them with the murder weapon!!! 

She should not be living a happy life.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Razzberry said:

Three horny tomcats, one stripper half their age - what could go wrong?   Her little-girl voice annoyed the crap out of me.

That little girl voice was what triggered my memory of her on Dateline years ago. But that was before her conviction was overturned, so that she is out of prison was news to me.  I'm kind of shocked they didn't retry her, even without the letter. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I'm kind of shocked they didn't retry her, even without the letter. 

Me too!!! Those emails and the son witnessing them cleaning the gun, and their conversation.... that was more than enough to convince any jury she was guilty.

• Love 3

My JD is from Law & Order University, but I thought a letter such as Kent Leppink's could be considered a dying declaration & not subject to cross-examination if deemed to be admissible. What a shame that the appeals court overturned both convictions because he couldn't be cross-examined about the letter. It's like they benefitted from their crime. The original trial judge seemed to think the same, but was pragmatic about the judicial system, and I respect him for that. I wonder if Kent's parents would have opened the letter as soon as it was received if he had not already been killed. I know I would have! 

Mechele has no conscience or moral compass. Regardless of whether she has 'turned her life around', the fact remains that she was playing 3 men against the other for personal gain, and because of it 1 of those men ended up dead. Wish she would have been retried, convicted, & made to serve out her sentence. And the baby voice - ugh! 

• Love 3
On 1/30/2018 at 1:06 PM, Toothbrush said:

Mechele has no conscience or moral compass. Regardless of whether she has 'turned her life around', the fact remains that she was playing 3 men against the other for personal gain, and because of it 1 of those men ended up dead. Wish she would have been retried, convicted, & made to serve out her sentence. And the baby voice - ugh! 

I also have an irrational, inexplicable annoyance for the spelling "Mechele."  And my own middle name is spelled "Necole," so I really don't have any room to talk!  I think it's just the whole package that gets under my skin:  the voice, the twee spelling, the manipulativeness...gah.    

Edited by Lovecat
  • Love 2