Type keyword(s) to search

Andrea & Lamar: These Arm(ed Robber)s of Mine

Drogo
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, not you again said:

From the article: According to online records, a person named Andrea Chantell Edwards-Owusu was arrested in Orem, Utah in 2015 after allegedly speeding in a school zone. That infraction isn’t enough to get you arrested — even in Utah — but Andrea was also charged with operating a vehicle without insurance, no insurance, operating a vehicle without license or registration, expired registration, and suspended registration!

Disclaimer - I did not write that.  It's from the Starcasm article.  I know there's some debate on the reliability of Starcasm.

https://starcasm.net/love-lockup-andrea-arrest-history/

Thanks for the information.  I'm surprised any of that resulted in more than just having her car impounded.  Maybe it's different in California, but many, many moons ago I was pulled over on a suspended license and all they did was tow my car.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 2/3/2020 at 3:42 PM, RealReality said:

What did she get arrested for?

Because she is black in Utah?  (I tried to link your other posts, but you get what I am implying)

Edited by Kroliosis
  • Love 1

Re: Lamar breaking his promise to live in SLC.

Someone brought this up and I agree that he agreed to a plan to live in SLC after he got out of jail.  

However I wonder if Andrea kinda painted a super rosy picture and failed to give him the full picture about what SLC was like.  Andrea has done some pretty nutty things to get her way and she may think that SLC is so amazing that her misrepresentations weren't even intentional.  

It could also be that Lamar just agreed to whatever because he was desperate to keep her in his life and keep that ramen money coming.  

It could also be that someone in prison might not be able to think realistically about the future.  It must seem so remote and unattainable when you're sitting in a jail cell to envision the reality of being free. 

• Love 10
On 2/3/2020 at 3:08 PM, not you again said:

Andrea Chantell Edwards-Owusu

So there's the likely father of Tennyson and Nalah- somebody with the last name Owusu. (Wikipedia says Owusu is the second-most common last name in Ghana). Surprised Starcasm didn't dig further on that.

45 minutes ago, RealReality said:

However I wonder if Andrea kinda painted a super rosy picture and failed to give him the full picture about what SLC was like.

I think Andrea genuinely likes Utah/SLC, and it does appear that she's assimilated pretty well, although her decision to pick a long-jailed felon as a husband does call her self-awareness into question.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I'd of had more respect for Lamar if the condom had been his. At least it would've shown that he is completely aware of Andrea's crazy and was looking for a way out.

In retrospect, I'm kinda annoyed by the way that whole scene went down and it really is an egregious example of letting women get away with shit we would never let a man get away with. 

Maybe it's more clear because of Andreas size.  This isn't the case of some hundred pound woman beating up a guy who is twice her size ....which is still unacceptable. 

And almost as unacceptable is how it played out afterwards because the whole thing felt right out of an abusers playbook.  First Andrea denies that she really did anything wrong ("I didn't go crazy" "I didn't go off") and then she barely apologizes and for some bullshit. ("well I'm sorry I got mad").  

I mean Lamar doesn't seem very put our by it all, but it just left a very funny taste in my mouth.  Particularly because, as he alluded to, he is a felon on parole.  Under no circumstances can he really fight back and I wonder how much of that plays into Andreas decision to behave this way.  Would she act this way if she thought there was a chance she'd get knocked out?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 3/1/2020 at 1:38 AM, RealReality said:

In retrospect, I'm kinda annoyed by the way that whole scene went down and it really is an egregious example of letting women get away with shit we would never let a man get away with. 

I hate this. It happens on 90 Day Fiance too. Women get away with slapping, hitting, shoving, etc. It is absolutely unacceptable and should not be tolerated. I write this all the time: When one of the first "reality" shows came out, "Real World" on MTV, there was a zero tolerance policy on this, regardless of gender. If anyone got physically abusive, they were immediately kicked off the show. I feel that should be the case here. I'd go one further and press battery charges. It really makes me mad and continues to reward abusive behavior. 

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

I hate this. It happens on 90 Day Fiance too. Women get away with slapping, hitting, shoving, etc. It is absolutely unacceptable and should not be tolerated. I write this all the time: When one of the first "reality" shows came out, "Real World" on MTV, there was a zero tolerance policy on this, regardless of gender. If anyone got physically abusive, they were immediately kicked off the show. I feel that should be the case here. I'd go one further and press battery charges. It really makes me mad and continues to reward abusive behavior. 

You're right, I remember you mentioning this point and I just really think this was an egregious example.  Maybe because her behavior afterwards was right out of the abusers handbook.  I was really annoyed when Lacey did it too, because it was the same.  She thought it was cute and that it was her right.  It's just icky.  

• Love 6

Many years ago, my brother was married to a woman who was unpleasant on her few good days.  The rest of the time, you didn't want to be around her.  Her stability was negatively impacted even more when he walked away from her and their four kids, and she couldn't track him down to enforce the child support order.  

She was a member of a church that was as well known as the Latter-Day Saints (Mormons).  XSIL became SO vocal in her constant bashing of my brother that the church she belonged to finally said, "Please stop your constant negative talking about your ex-husband.  You are NOT living the kind of life that we speak about in our church, and you are - therefore - being a terrible witness to the fact of God's love.  If you can't stop your behavior, you'll need to stop coming to services, and please don't ever tell people that you are a part of our church."  (Yes, it was that bad.)

When I saw Andrea the other night swearing like a sailor and being 100% hateful to Lamar, I had flashbacks to my XSIL's behavior.  Good witnesses don't take the Lord's name in vain.  Of course, they also don't have sex in prison visiting room closets, but that's a whole different issue.  We saw Andrea just a couple of weeks ago setting up a lemonade stand out front so they could testify about God, and then we heard her talking about a whole-family mission trip to spread the gospel.  

I suspect that her name has come up at more than one LDS church board meeting as in, "Does anyone have any suggestions about how to deal with the harm that Andrea is doing to the Mormon church's reputation?"

• Useful 1
  • Love 2