Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: The Long Road Home

When their grain doesn't sell for a price sufficient to see their families through the winter, Charles and Isaiah hire on with the railroad to haul a wagonload of highly explosive nitroglycerin over a treacherous mountain road and, as their journey progresses, find themselves dealing with situations almost as volatile as the freight they're carrying.

I suspect the scene with the birthday cake was maybe about showing how Ma was secretly worried about Pa and it was making her stressed so she lost her temper but the kids are innocent of Pa's great danger so that makes her feel bad?

That's totally just a shot in the dark, having not seen the episode in years.

Btw, there's no way that all those guys wouldn't have known in advance that Lou Gossett Jr. was not allowed to ride that fancy train car. I mean, come on. Even if you allow that the white guys wouldn't know (and they would) it's not like he wouldn't know it himself.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

I think the reason nobody blew up was they already had the Cockney guy blow up holding a stick of dynamite in the quarry episode.

They kind of run into one episode in my head, the "Charles can't get work so he goes somewhere with explosives" series. Isn't the quarry one later, though? I honestly don't remember. 

3 hours ago, Superclam said:

They kind of run into one episode in my head, the "Charles can't get work so he goes somewhere with explosives" series. Isn't the quarry one later, though? I honestly don't remember. 

The quarry episode was way early. "100 Mile Walk" Season 1 episode 3.

• Love 1

This is also not the only "transport something dangerous / fragile over the prairie episode" There's a later season, with Almanzo I think, where they have to transport dishes without breaking any.

• Love 1
On 1/3/2018 at 8:41 AM, LAFR said:

This is also not the only "transport something dangerous / fragile over the prairie episode" There's a later season, with Almanzo I think, where they have to transport dishes without breaking any.

Then, of course, there's always the explosive episode where Adam gets his sight back!

• Love 1