Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Friendiversary

As a whole, I feel like this season has lost some of the spirit of Broad City that’s made it so endlessly delightful before. There was a time when Ilana would’ve taken Abbi’s gift as a sign of love and friendship instead of seeing through the charade, and there in lies the problem—Ilana has matured as a character. Abbi hasn’t. There have been a lot of hints over the season that Ilana is outgrowing the dynamic, and I was hoping the finale would address that somehow, but it just tried to gloss over it instead. Meh. 

• Love 1

I didn't catch the joke about the song this season. That was really well done. 

This was a little on the wacky side, but I liked it.

15 hours ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

There have been a lot of hints over the season that Ilana is outgrowing the dynamic, and I was hoping the finale would address that somehow, but it just tried to gloss over it instead. Meh. 

They did say in the 'hot BTS' that this was the first time there was any tension between them, so I think you have a point. 

On 12/7/2017 at 6:24 AM, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

There have been a lot of hints over the season that Ilana is outgrowing the dynamic, and I was hoping the finale would address that somehow,

I think this is reflective of their real life friendship. Ilana Glazer was married earlier this year, and Abbi Jacobson didn't even seem to mention it on her various social media accounts, or have a comment when Ilana mentioned it in talk show interviews with the duo. I doubt they are in any sort of fight, but I think Ilana is outgrowing Abbi in both the show and real life. It always seemed like Abbi would be the one to outgrow immature Ilana, but things aren't always as they seem.

On 12/7/2017 at 8:18 PM, ganesh said:

I didn't catch the joke about the song this season. That was really well done.

It was so well done that the song was starting to sound familiar to me. By the time we heard it in the finale at karaoke, I was trying to figure out who sang the original.

On 12/20/2017 at 0:01 PM, BoogieBurns said:

I think this is reflective of their real life friendship. Ilana Glazer was married earlier this year, and Abbi Jacobson didn't even seem to mention it on her various social media accounts, or have a comment when Ilana mentioned it in talk show interviews with the duo. I doubt they are in any sort of fight, but I think Ilana is outgrowing Abbi in both the show and real life. It always seemed like Abbi would be the one to outgrow immature Ilana, but things aren't always as they seem.

I saw Ilana on her YQY tour with Phoebe Robinson last month. It was at their Philadelphia show, and Ilana opened talking about how much she likes Philly because two of her favorite people (Abbi and her husband) are from the area. She was full of praise. But she’s definitely doing a lot of projects with other people or on her own, so you could be right. 

• Love 1
On 5/16/2018 at 3:22 PM, JoeyCrown said:

Did Abbi have a job this season?

Abbi had more than one job this season. She briefly went back to her trainer job in the Shania Twain episode. She was working for Wanda Sykes at Graphix for three episodes, ending with the cat murder episode. And she got hired at anthro in the episode before this one.