Type keyword(s) to search

Jesse Palmer: New Host on the Scene

I'd never seen Jesse Palmer before he turned up on FN so I don't have any reason to dislike him but...........................I much preferred Bobby Deen.  

• Love 6

I like Jesse just fine and enjoyed him during his time on on Good Morning America.  He's been in broadcasting for several years now. I can't stand having comedians as hosts of the baking shows trying to make lame jokes, and Jesse is pretty good at just being straightforward and doing what he's supposed to do without trying to upstage the bakers. 

Edited by Jillybean
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Jillybean said:

and Jesse is pretty good at just being straightforward and doing what he's supposed to do without trying to upstage the bakers.

But he appears boring. I go back a long way back with Jesse because he was a Florida Gators quarterback but that does not make him a good cooking show host. I watched the marathon of last year's Holiday show and I loved the humor Bobby added without being too over the top.....Loved him wearing the ugly sweater and the Christmas socks.....He added just enough extra to make him fun!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, suebee12 said:

But he appears boring. I go back a long way back with Jesse because he was a Florida Gators quarterback but that does not make him a good cooking show host. I watched the marathon of last year's Holiday show and I loved the humor Bobby added without being too over the top.....Loved him wearing the ugly sweater and the Christmas socks.....He added just enough extra to make him fun!

I hear what you're saying, and Jesse may lack flair, but at least he is better than John Henson who hosted the Halloween Baking Championship this year, or Jeff Dunham who did it last year and was especially cringeworthy.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, kj4ever said:

He's pretty to look at and doesn't tell stupid corny jokes.  I'll take him.

I think what I miss about Bobby, is the interaction between the host and the contestants. Haven't seen much of that with Jesse.

• Love 1

I didn't especially enjoy Bobby Flay -- I mean, Deen!  LOL  I thought that he was OK, but just OK.  Jesse Palmer brings good looks and a pleasant personality to the show, and if he isn't enjoying his role, he could fool me.  He seems to have a good rapport with the contestants.  So far, I like him.

What's with Nancy Fuller's new look?  I don't care for her new, straight hairstyle at all.  Last season she looked nice, and I loved her hair.  Lorraine seemed bored.  I really liked the lady from Wisconsin who seemed normal and pleasant without any "airs" about her.  Thank heaven for Duff, who always adds good humor to the mix.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 3

Jesse Palmer is the pretty boy, for all to see. I think he was enjoying himself with all the interactions with the contestants on Spring Baking Championship, but please bring back Bobby Deen. He was better.

• Love 3

I love me a man in a suit so I liked Jesse's look when he walked out but, yeah, that jacket didn't fit right.  Worse, much worse, he was wearing white socks!  With a dark suit!  Gah!!!

• Love 1

Jesse is growing more and more appealing to me.  Uh-oh, and I'm married.  What I didn't know about him is that he was our San Francisco 49ers quarterback for a few seasons, but I missed him every game he played!  That'll teach me to watch football!

I guess I should say that I like his personality as much as his looks.  He's a good host and seems very much at ease.  My husband told me that Jesse has been in broadcasting for a number of years now, so he's had experience.

I agree about the clothes, but Eddie Jackson on the other cookie show looked way too casual for my liking when I watched that show today.  He was wearing stuff that he could have cleaned the attic wearing.  The FN needs to spruce up their men!

• Love 1

I actually think that Jesse is doing a decent job, and not just eye candy.  Who'da thunk it?  It was funny because my niece had missed an episode and came over to watch it.  I was in the other room cooking, and could just hear it.  You could hear the genuine interest and care in his voice when you weren't watching.  Shocked the hell out of me...lol