Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Borderlines

Drogo

Jason and the team must rescue an undercover CIA operative after she is captured by radical terrorists to be used as a bargaining chip. Also, Clay undergoes the final harrowing exercise for his candidacy into Tier One.

I liked the episode overall but one thing did strike me as odd, which was Jason's heart-to-heart with his wife about the specifics of his mission. Now I don't personally know any Navy SEALs or Tier 1 operators (although I did sell beer to some Canadian commandos once) but I am under the impression that at some point in time an operator's wife gets "the talk" from the military and it goes something like this:

You will not discuss your husband's work with him at any time or under any circumstance. If you happen to notice that his deployment coincides with some event that you see on the news you will file that under coincidence and not spend any more time dwelling on it. Your husband does not deploy into any place on planet Earth where he has not been invited and the only reason he may or may not be in such a place is because he is doing a training exercise there. In fact, that is all he ever does, training exercises. And should he be killed in the line of duty it will be because of such a training exercise which you will understand is an inherent risk of his job that he is forbidden from discussing with you. If you have any questions we advise an uncontested divorce.

• Love 2

I don't think some people follow that, Alana is Jason's love since grade school, it's their secret if he ever tells her of their missions' details, if Alana reveals afterwards to someone else or after divorce, what will the military do then?

Clay's training last night, can the trainors really hit the trainees like in frat hazing?

The family drama was very tedious in this episode. Are Ray and his family in danger of losing military housing, or is he living off base? I felt really bad for his wife. She’s dealing with a newborn, complete with sleep deprivation and hormones in disarray, and trying to keep on top of finances as well? It didn’t occur to Ray to get her some help? And why was he complaining about a luxury cable package? When money’s tight, frills like that are first to go.

I don’t really care about Jason and Alana either. It seems obvious they’ve grown apart because of the wall he built between his work and his home. Some wives might be okay with that but Alana isn’t. At this stage, it looks like Jason would do better with the translator or the CIA officer, both being women comfortable with secrets.

The show went all-in on the Brian died so Clay could become a real boy aspect, which does nothing to endear Clay to me. That interrogation training was really hardcore. Was that Doug Savant as the leader of the training crew?

As usual, the actual op was miles better than the background stuff. Nice to see Cerberus back in action, although it looked like one of the anonymous SEALs was working with him. I thought Sonny was his handler. 

Edited by Irishmaple
3 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

I don't think some people follow that, Alana is Jason's love since grade school, it's their secret if he ever tells her of their missions' details, if Alana reveals afterwards to someone else or after divorce, what will the military do then?

Clay's training last night, can the trainors really hit the trainees like in frat hazing?

That reminds me of an interview with a WWII Marine who claimed that Drill Instructors ordered their recruits to stone other recruits. Along with with a movie shortly before women were allowed to fly combat where a female pilot going through SERE training was raped by the instructor.

In the show it was said that the training would go further than the SERE training that pilots and mere ordinary SEALS get. It was said that they get water boarded 16 years ago when the wars started to justify our use of the techniques 

On 11/16/2017 at 2:47 PM, Irishmaple said:

Was that Doug Savant as the leader of the training crew

That was him.  

I just want to watch missions and David Boreanaz.  I still do not CARE about Clay and his demons.

It was like I was watching two completely different shows.

I feel like the bearded guy who is scared of everything is going to be killed in some horrible way and that will make me very sad.

On 11/18/2017 at 8:41 PM, mojoween said:

I feel like the bearded guy who is scared of everything is going to be killed in some horrible way and that will make me very sad.

Don't think that....because I too will be sad if anything happens to Sonny.  I still can't believe that Sonny is played by A,J. Buckley, who played nerdy, wimpish Adam on CSI: NY.  A.J.'s doing a great job.

I didn't recognize Doug Savant either.  This show has gotten some pretty good guest stars/recurring players: Doug Savant, C. Thomas Howell, Sharif Atkins, Michael Irby.

• Love 2