Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Legends in Their Own Minds

I didn't see the inspiration in any of the models.

I really thought Corey was finally gone, but nope, it was Tyme. At least I won't have to hear her voice again, it's seriously annoying.

• Love 3

A minor quibble but when Sandy talked about Warhol's Factory at the time Edie was in it, he said the 70's. However, Edie was in The Factory during the mid-60's. I would have expected him to get the decade right. 

Count me in as another viewer who didn't see the inspiration in any of the models. 

Also, of course Corey wasn't eliminated. I'm not sure how he can have a career in that field if he can't take constructive criticism. He would be blackballed. 

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 4

Tyme was annoying to listen to, but was among the more level-headed contestants. And she could put together a cohesive look. Unlike Catherine -- that look was horrible! Love how she questioned the hairstyle when it was being applied, but was happy to take full credit for it at judging.

The only reason I'm not sad to see Corey not gone yet is that it's fun to watch his ego being chipped away every week. He needs to get the hell over himself.

Edited by Rachel81
  • Love 3

So many people shooting themselves in the foot this week.

Catherine needs to toughen up and remember that she is the beauty director. She should be telling Johnny what she wants the hair to look like instead of letting him fuck around with poster paints, glitter, and holographic stars. How does ANY of that communicate Michael Jackson? As far as I remember, he never coated one side of his head with pink glitter. That white poster paint looked TERRIBLE. Once Sir John said it looked like relaxer from across the room, I couldn't unsee it. Catherine also gave herself an extra challenge by choosing a male icon when she knew she was going to have a female model. Nothing in that look said Michael Jackson to me.

Corey was an idiot for choosing Beyonce as his icon. I know that the challenge was not to make the model look exactly like the icon, but nothing about the hair, makeup, or wardrobe said Beyonce to me. During the photo shoot, all I could see was Kendall Jenner. I totally agreed with Michelle Williams that there was a Cher vibe. For me it was that the combination of the dark heavy eye shadow and the Morticia Adams dress. Love that Sarah Brown calmly told him that his attitude sucks. Hahaha, loved Michelle Williams telling him the same thing a lot more bluntly. Corey really needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut. He thinks that being an asshole is "standing by his work." Constantly losing your temper is so unprofessional. but he is so delusional that he thinks he was being classy in the way he responded on the runway. Man, who would have thought that Tyme would be the voice of reason?

Poor Sandy. I couldn't believe his makeup girl didn't know who Edie Sedgwick was. He should have asked her if she had seen the movie with Sienna Miller. She did a decent job giving the model some retro 60s makeup without it looking too costumey. I'm not sure how much of that was her and how much of that was Sandy telling her what to do. I don't know why Russell thinks that Edie is some obscure figure who only a small portion of the fashion industry know about.

The only thing even slightly Carrie Bradshaw about Tyme's model was that her dress was kind of pink (it was actually more mauve than pink, but she's giving me nothing to work with here). That orange eye shadow was awful. I think that her model did a good job selling it, but Sarah was right about the photos looking a little wedding catalog. I think the bridesmaid-esque dress was largely to blame for that.

Andrew's Madonna look didn't work for me. Since he used the model's natural dark hair, he should have curled her hair and given her a look reminiscent of the Immaculate Collection/Like a Prayer era. Giving her slicked back hair, lips, shiny eye shadow, a leotard, and a jean jacket did not give me any Madonna.

Watching Adriana try to be cool as she went down the line of judges giving fist bumps was giving me secondhand embarrassment.

Of course they kept Corey. They want to keep him for the drama and that's the kind of stuff I HATE on these shows.

• Love 2

Such an annoying episode, I didn't see anything inspirational in any of them.  When that judge said the eye and lip were so amazing and hard to do I was like huh? I see it on youtube everyday.  I can't believe these people are the best of those who auditioned, must have been a pretty low count of submissions.

Edited by noveltylibrary65
On 11/5/2017 at 7:10 AM, noveltylibrary65 said:

Such an annoying episode, I didn't see anything inspirational in any of them.  When that judge said the eye and lip were so amazing and hard to do I was like huh? I see it on youtube everyday.  I can't believe these people are the best of those who auditioned, must have been a pretty low count of submissions.

I believe they were recruited by the show for the first season, rather than the contestants auditioning/signing up.