Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Promise

• Start Topic

I'm sorry for any blacksmiths reading these forums. You will be unable to purchase your new anvils for quite some time since they were all used up on this POS of an episode tonight.

Oh, and earth to CPD: the rest of the free world uses photo "6-packs" for positive ID, administered by a so-called blind detective (an officer who has no knowledge whatsoever of the case). And yes, a witness is allowed to change his or her mind after careful reflection. Idiots. Also, please show me a station house interrogation room that isn't recorded with at least two angles these days—one on the subject, one on the investigators. That said, I miss the TortureCage™. Because what police facility doesn't have at least a half dozen for those recalcitrant suspects! </sarc>.

Oh, yeah, when the perp in the box says "lawyer," questioning stops immediately or else every single word uttered afterwards is inadmissable. Note to the writers: it'll still be possible to get the bad guys if you write within the guise of reality; you'll just have to work a bit harder at it.

Only thing that surprised me is they didn't go after the Bentley-driving white owner of the meat processing plant, since in TV Copland, he's the most obvious bad guy.

And one last thing. I hate Upton; Spiradakos still can't act. Oh yeah, and Burgess as a Wild Child? Bwahahahaha.

I definetly don't think the show is going to be in any cancellation danger this season as we're into season five - however if the terrible writing doesn't improve I'd be worried about the ratings dropping and it affecting the overall longevity.

More "ripped from politics" not "ripped from the headlines" (or whatever that tagline is).  I'm not interested in this political stuff. They aren't even doing a good job, they are perpetuating stereotypes. 

Marina's acting was better, imo, and probably because she wasn't the focus. Tracy, not so much. But even Jon had a bad moment or two, so is it really the actors or the new writing? I'm now starting to think writing...

Where in the world is Olinsky? Seriously, I think he has had a total of 5 minutes of screen time in three episodes. I don't understand it. Koteas is an incredible actor to be wasted in such a manner. They need to figure out a way to get him more involved. I've watched every episode of this show even changed satellite providers to ensure that we could watch the show. I've got to say I'm on the verge of tuning out. I hate to say it but I almost miss the weekly Erin drama at this point!

Did Chicago PD get a new showrunner this season? It seems the entire tone of the new season is quite different, and it has nothing to do with Lindsay leaving. They had a formula that worked pretty well for 4 seasons. Ratings were acceptable and audiences knew what they were getting, including ocular discomfort from excessive eyerolling. This episode was just plan bad, but I wasn't particularly happy with the first two, either. Especially with no emphasis on patrol.

Edited by NJRadioGuy
21 minutes ago, NJRadioGuy said:

Did Chicago PD get a new showrunner this season? It seems the entire tone of the new season is quite different, and it has nothing to do with Lindsay leaving. They had a formula that worked pretty well for 4 seasons. Ratings were acceptable and audiences knew what they were getting, including ocular discomfort from excessive eyerolling. This episode was just plan bad, but I wasn't particularly happy with the first two, either. Especially with no emphasis on patrol.

Yes they have a new showrunner Rick Eid. He was the showrunner for SVU last season. There wasn’t much fans who liked him on SVU and he had a year left on his contract so they put him on PD. He was a horrible showrunner for svu 

Edited by Jaelyn96
38 minutes ago, Jaelyn96 said:

Yes they have a new showrunner Rick Eid. He was the showrunner for SVU last season. There wasn’t much fans who liked him on SVU and he had a year left on his contract so they put him on PD. He was a horrible showrunner for svu 

I thought something was off. If this turns into Chicago Police-politics I'm out. I don't turn to TV dramas for "a conversation about urban policing challenges." I watch to see TV cops arrest or kill the villains, solve the mysteries, tell compelling stories, and maybe have torrid affairs with each other along the way. 502 and 503 were as PC-preachy as the worst crap from the '70s.

1 hour ago, NJRadioGuy said:

1 minute ago, NJRadioGuy said:

I thought something was off. If this turns into Chicago Police-politics I'm out. I don't turn to TV dramas for "a conversation about urban policing challenges." I watch to see TV cops arrest or kill the villains, solve the mysteries, tell compelling stories, and maybe have torrid affairs with each other along the way. 502 and 503 were as PC-preachy as the worst crap from the '70s.

Quoting both of these to say that I totally agree.  This show had a good thing going, and now I don't care much for it.  I think it's not "must see" for me anymore.  

6 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

Agree. This season has been a disappointment so far. It is disheartening to think that police brass in Chicago are still this corrupt. Voight facilitating the murder of a suspect off the books for justice sake just wrong in so many ways. Antonio had the same issues with politics as a SA investigator in the Chicago-Criminal Justice series. 

Edited by VinceW

I live in the Chicago area and watching this episode was like watching the 10:00 news.  I like all the Chicago shows, but I want fiction, not more BS political statements about cops.  All Chicago cops are not bad and Chicago is not Chi-raq! UGH!

On 10/9/2017 at 6:16 AM, deaja said:

The murder of a young Latina woman takes the investigation team into the grim world of meat processing.

I was just wondering if people like this Voight character? I think he's unrealistic as a cop, let alone a sergeant. He flip flops in character so often that I believe the writers are doing this intentionally. That they think they're being clever and believe they have us guessing as to whether he's a good guy or not.

Do you like him? Hate him? Think his character is unrealistic? Think his character is characterless, ambiguous?

I'm just curious. I dont "dislike" him altogether, I just think the writers are being wishy washy for lack of a better term.

Who in the hell is Voight?