Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E02: To A Better Place

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Unkempt said:

Emily isn't Hotch, so her leadership style is going to be different.  But I do feel like if she were channeling Hotch to any extent, there would be complaints about it.  She can't win.

Yeah. I want Emily not to be Hotch...I want her to be Emily. Something different.

Last year, I thought Emily sounded too much like Hotch, but I wrote that off to the show having to work in the situation with Thomas Gibson. Once we got to "Red Light", Emily Prentiss was more of her own character, and she really stood out.

So far this season, I think Emily has been great. She's much more "buddy-buddy" with the team than Hotch was, but I also think it sacrifices none of her strength- if Emily has to crack the whip, she'll do it. I'm with @JMO that her team is experienced and trusted enough that she doesn't need to do it.

• Love 8

Yeah, Daniel, Emily comes from being "one of them," so transitioning to boss is a personal journey, and she has to do it her way, not be Hotch 2.0. I think she is fine, she'll be better as time goes on, if the writing doesn't take her downhill.

• Love 6

I don't think this team needs another Hotch. They work just fine getting along with each other- so far in S13, everyone's looked capable.

What the BAU clearly needs now is some stability. If we get a S14, can this team stay intact into that season?

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Danielg342 said:

What the BAU clearly needs now is some stability. If we get a S14, can this team stay intact into that season?

This. It'd be nice to just let a lineup stick for a while again. 

• Love 2
Just now, Annber03 said:

This. It'd be nice to just let a lineup stick for a while again. 

Yeah. When the team stayed together for almost three seasons after "About Face", they really grew into their own and it worked very well. They could have kept that team together for many more years...but, we all know why that didn't happen.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Danielg342 said:

I don't think this team needs another Hotch. They work just fine getting along with each other- so far in S13, everyone's looked capable.

Ditto on the stability thing. Also, if we can stop adding new members, that would be great. 

• Love 1

Yeah...not feeling this one. WAY TOO MUCH UNSUB!!! Another dead family member delusion. Dubious psychological profile. Yawn and forget. 

The Reid stuff was good. At least the writers came up with a better reason to explain Matthew's October filming absence. I enjoyed the team interactions in this episode, but felt the case itself was a mess (and not in a good way). 

• Love 5