Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E08: Samantha

auntieminem
  • Start Topic

I am confused, last week it showed 2 new shows but they were both Canadian.  They are listed as part of season 17. I will go ahead and make a topic for both shows this week.

Samantha

With the birth of her two daughters, Samantha gave up using crystal meth and heroin. But when she began consorting with figures from her druggy past, she fell back into addiction and soon lost custody of her children. Samantha’s family are desperate to help her be the good mother she once was, but now she is addicted to fentanyl and her very life hangs in the balance.

Edited by auntieminem

I could tell by the 50-yard stare in Sam's eyes when the girls came to see her at 3 months that a relapse was coming. I'm glad she got addition help and hope she makes it.

Jesse seems like he should be an Amish pastor or something. He's got zero fire. I do appreciate that he makes everyone spell out a bottom line.   

Edited by TVbitch

We're certainly getting a load of Canadian episodes this season. I miss our regularly scheduled interventionists. 

I feel so bad for Sam's kids,I hope she makes it through all this to be able to be a parent to them.

I love me a man who looks like he drives an El Camino and listens to Dan Fogelberg on the regular, so I'm loving these Canadian intervention dudes. Andrew is still my favorite, but I would totally sit around with Jesse listening to 70s light FM. And I do appreciate how structured Jesse is with his interventions, and how he spells it all out. 

Ugh, those poor daughters. I cannot imagine how horrible it is for a kid to lose a parent to something like this. I hope Sam stays clean. I hope the cycle stops with her. 

Edited by Stiggs
  • Love 5

Wow... it's been a long time since I've cried through an intervention.  Sam has a great family, I'm praying for her.  I'm kind of torn on Jesse as an interventionist - he's a bit dry and cheesy, but I like that he emotes during the intervention.  I miss Donna, I like her style.