Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: It Ain't Easy Being Green

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Eater of Worlds said:

Not when you have the real crew operating off camera.

That was the most telling thing about how bad this cast is.  They were forced to admit/remind that there are non cast crew members that would have to help get the boat docked.  I also doubt that the day workers they were going to hire so Kate can train the stews are really just people off the street.  They are likely relying on whoever keeps the production going and picks up enough of the slack to make sure the stews can time to for filming requirements.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

What's the difference? Doesn't every crew need a bosun? 

As others stated, there are more senior crew members, helping Captain Lee, who aren't part of the "show".  But I think the bosun vs. senior deckhand is a title of respect thing. Nico may be the most experienced deckhand on the boat, but he hasn't EARNED the title of "bosun" yet. 

• Love 1
On 9/13/2017 at 9:00 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Am I missing something about the single mother?  She has a young child, yet she's voluntarily away from her for weeks at a time?  She says, this is her DREAM.  So, I take it that it's not about the money, just a challenge for her.  Still, it's basically doing housecleaning on a boat...so, why is that a huge dream.  I just don't see how doing that job when you have a child at home is worth it.  I assume that she has proper child care, but, that's a long time to voluntarily not see your kid, especially, if you are the primary caretaker. 

Nothing pisses me off more is people justify being self-centered and call it "living out a dream."  You left your kid to go on TV to clean up after people and tell your coworkers and TV viewing audience about great orgasm skillz.

• Love 2
On 9/16/2017 at 8:15 AM, bichonblitz said:

What's the difference? Doesn't every crew need a bosun? 

This site explains the roles and duties of the positions. Lead deckhand would be the go between the bosun and the  rest of the deck crew it sounds like.  http://nauticcrewworldwide.com/faqs/deckhands-bosun/

My guess is Lee/producers realize Nico hasn't even really fake earned his way to being bosun which is why he's just lead deckhand instead of bosun, even though there is no bosun and he'd essential be doing the job of one. He just hasn't earned that rank. Other seasons have had both. And wasn't Aleks (ugh that spelling!) first mate or something on the very first season? So there are even more roles that aren't filled on the show all the time. 

Edited by Rebecca
It's acting weird and doubling some of my words?