Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: The End of the Road

• Start Topic

You're so quick and efficient!  (I'd make a Preacher joke but my brain is so fried this Friday for some reason that I can't think of one.  Honestly, I get SoK -- Saint of Killers -- but was thrown by the typo HK -- which made me go through Hell's Kitchen (wrong show), and Hong Kong.)

The Bafflement was strong in this one today.

• Love 2
On 9/12/2017 at 2:32 PM, Miles said:

Coined by the legendary Miss Alli. Is she still around somewhere?

I never read any of her recaps, but as far as I know Miss Alli is very much around as Linda Holmes, host of NPRs Pop Culture Happy Hour. 

• Love 3
On 9/14/2017 at 2:15 PM, PatternRec said:

Are we to assume that Hell extracted the 1% of Jesse's soul from the Saint and gave it to The Grail in exchange for getting the Saint back? 

It almost seems like Hell had to do it.  I don't know when The Grail would have had the opportunity.  When they let him out of the truck, the Grail guy unlocked the door and and ran off as fast as he could.

Assuming that Jesse's missing 1% of his soul is the reason that the Word is not working anymore, he's probably lucky that he doesn't explode - the way that all those people who couldn't contain the power did.

• Love 2
On 2017-09-16 at 8:48 AM, ALenore said:

I never read any of her recaps, but as far as I know Miss Alli is very much around as Linda Holmes, host of NPRs Pop Culture Happy Hour. 

Thanks for this! I loved her recaps because they were the perfect mix of insight and humor. 

I watched this episode when I was exhausted, so I was a complete dunce and missed that young Jesse brought the dead chicken for his grandma to resurrect or whatever her specialty is, which was obviously the main point (or one of them) of this episode! I thought that he brought her the chicken for ritual ingredients she might have needed, like an eye of newt, 100 chicken feathers, etc.

Having not read the comics, Preacher is the perfect TV show for me--it's funny, quirky, exciting, raunchy, and mysterious--so I'm looking forward to doing a rewatch. I didnt even find the Annville episodes tedious, that's how much I like this show; however, the rich cattle dude really, really turned my stomach. My only beef (had to) is that Tulip sometimes seems kind of dim in an OOC way. 

• Love 2

My TV time was limited over the last few months, so I just got around to finishing up the season this past week.  I am impressed! As a fan of the books, the deviations have helped keep my interest.  There's enough well thought out liberties that I'm not caring about whether they will stick to the story faithfully.

• Love 1
On 9/16/2017 at 9:33 AM, rmontro said:

Assuming that Jesse's missing 1% of his soul is the reason that the Word is not working anymore, he's probably lucky that he doesn't explode - the way that all those people who couldn't contain the power did.

The 1% of a soul, or any percentage, is ridiculous to me. A soul is all or nothing. And yet with just 1% it appears that was enough to give the Saint the equivalent of an entire soul since it could take him yo heaven. Absurd stuff.