Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Talk: Broen/Bron Gets a Remake

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's first season. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

I'm starting to see ads for the new season. I really hope FX does a massive marathon before the next season starts. I don't even remember where we left off.  I think the guy died, the boy died and everyone was in a bad place. I'll FF through the part where the boy dies.

• Love 1

I think the promos look good. I could use a marathon too.

Off the top of my head, we left off with:
Gus dead at the hands of Marco's former FBI partner (David?)
Marco broken because of Gus's death; Alma had left him too.
Sonya was trying to get Marco back to work, but he, at first, wanted nothing to do with her. She had been unable to save Gus in time.
Sonya's boss due to retire but probably won't.
The two reporters finding the stacks and stacks of money in a house after a tip and they informed the FBI.
The tall mumbly guy desperate to find the woman he saved and brought to the "farm" but who returned back to CJ and was last seen driven away in a car with TX plates.

• Love 1

The Bridge is set in a fascinating world with a lot of interesting characters.  Unfortunately so far, the plot twists have strained credulity  (Tate's ability to insinuate himself into Marco's wife's life, the entire story line with Annabeth Gish's character, Linder's superhero social worker).  If they can manage to dial it down a bit, and just let the great location and the natural plot dynamics that could be inspired from that border setting evolve a bit more gently... it could become a great show.  If they keep writing crazier and more sensational plot lines, it will become another missed opportunity like Sons of Anarchy.

Lulee, "mumbly guy," that's a good way to think of him. I like so much of this series, but the parts I don't like drive me batty. The horsewoman/secret tunnel/etc. arc bores me to tears, and I hate Marco's inability to keep it in his pants.

• Love 1

The tall mumbly guy desperate to find the woman he saved and brought to the "farm" but who returned back to CJ and was last seen driven away in a car with TX plates.

Actually, they found her - she was the one who had been put in a police cell, then drugged/raped at a party full of policeman.  Marco beat up the one policeman and learned that he didn't kill her, but put her in an old monastery.  Sonja got her over the border to Hal's house, where she is recovering.

Also, the female reporter's sister worked at the same factory as Eva (woman that was saved), and never got off the bus at home.

• Love 2

The Gish character is the one I wish they would change.  There is no way she would be involved sexually with the Mexican cartel which it seems they are indicating.

Why not?  There are many ways to get fucked by Fausto Galvon.  Physically is probably the least painful/fatal.

The Bridge is set in a fascinating world with a lot of interesting characters.  Unfortunately so far, the plot twists have strained credulity  (Tate's ability to insinuate himself into Marco's wife's life, the entire story line with Annabeth Gish's character, Linder's superhero social worker).  If they can manage to dial it down a bit, and just let the great location and the natural plot dynamics that could be inspired from that border setting evolve a bit more gently... it could become a great show.  If they keep writing crazier and more sensational plot lines, it will become another missed opportunity like Sons of Anarchy.

I liked the Gish storyline.  It was The Real Housewives of Orange Country meets Breaking Bad.  Plus, it kept us involved with Fausto and provided a break from David Tate as the supervillain, "Vengeance Man."  Honestly, if Tate was such a ruthless chameleon, why didn't he just take down the cartels by himself?  But I loved Linder, whose main superpower seemed to be The Universe's Butt Monkey.

• Love 1