Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast of The Haunting of Hill House

• Start Topic

Some casting news from Deadline;

Netflix’s upcoming The Haunting Of Hill House has added a pair of young actresses as Mckenna Grace and Violet McGraw have been cast in the series adaptation of Shirley Jackson’s classic 1959 novel from Amblin TV and Paramount TV. The re-imagining draws from the original classic ghost story while expanding on the mythology of the Crane family.

Previously announced cast includes Carla Gugino, Timothy Hutton, Michael Huisman, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Elizabeth Reaser, Kate Siegel and Henry Thomas.

The whole cast is really, really good. I somehow missed that Annabel Gish is in it. Even people I typically can't stand, like Elizabeth Reaser, are coming off really well. That said, the actresses playing Young and Adult Theo-McKenna Grace and Kate Siegel-are absolute standouts. Grace is especially fantastic.

• Love 5

The child actors really impressed me. The two little ones were just absolutely adorable. I've seen McKenna Grace in a few things now and she always blows me away. 

I enjoyed the whole cast. The weakest link for me was Elizabeth Reaser but I kind of expected that. I'm not a fan. I was a little distracted by Henry Thomas, but only in an "OMG that's Henry Thomas!" kind of way. Last I'd seen him he was a child. 

• Love 7

I've been trying to figure out where I've seen a couple of the actresses. Kate Siegel was in Hush, and Oculus (and I had no idea it was her husband who created this series, and was also responsible for those two movies). She was also apparently in Gerald's Game, which was also directed by her husband. The actress who plays Leigh, was on Grey's Anatomy, and was also in Hush.

McKenna Grace, I recognize from the few episodes I've seen of Designated Survivor. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 1

Watched Episode 5 The Bent-Neck Lady last night and have to say that actress Victoria Pedretti blew me away!  This was one of the most tragic, heartbreaking hours of tv I have seen in a long time and Ms. Pedretti deserves an award (all the awards!) for her acting.  What a performance!    

• Love 1

My dad and I are Zoom-watching this weekly, and it is driving him nuts (and driving me equally nuts that he keeps bringing it up!) that both Henry Thomas and Timothy Hutton are playing the dads, rather than Henry Thomas being aged up. Does anyone know why the producers chose to have two different actors for the role? Maybe if I give him an answer, he'll stop talking about it 😄

5 minutes ago, AnnieBananie said:

My dad and I are Zoom-watching this weekly, and it is driving him nuts (and driving me equally nuts that he keeps bringing it up!) that both Henry Thomas and Timothy Hutton are playing the dads, rather than Henry Thomas being aged up. Does anyone know why the producers chose to have two different actors for the role? Maybe if I give him an answer, he'll stop talking about it 😄

If that’s driving him nuts, point out that they had to put Henry Thomas in blue contacts to make it work. 🙂 

(I don’t know the actual answer.)

• Love 2