Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E28: Live Eviction #8

• Start Topic

The very best part of the episode, not involving Mark's awesomeness & classiness: Raven's face when Julie read the votes, & it wasn't unanimous. For a split second, her face was full of fear, shock & rage. I might be misinterpreting, but I don't think she knew that it wasn't going to be unanimous. No spoilers, but my guess is that either Alex or Jason win HOH this week, & then, the fight to get out Maven is on! 

Mark, you are such a good guy, & I'd love to see you back on TV, but for the love of God, please, do not even consider going on "The Amazing Race" with Josh. After fawning all over vagina-lips Elena all summer, the last thing I want to see you do is try to keep Josh in line. I can't wait for you to win AFP, followed by Cody & Jess. Then, I bet Elena pays attention, the attention-whore that she is.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cherry Cola said:

I also see that Raven didn't give up the clown makeup. 

I don't understand how stuff like this even happens. Does she not have any friends? Like *real* friends who will tell her when she looks ridiculous? Or do all her friends also do their makeup Krusty-style?

• Love 4
16 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Josh and Christmas cuddling in the hammock?! Last episode he was saying she was like a "big sister"....ah...no...not after that hammock shot...but I didn't believe it before then either.

Are you suggesting a flirtatious vibe between Josh and Xmas? I don't see it, but then again I cannot see ANYONE being flirtatious with Josh. Ever! Xmas is merely pandering to the possible jury members. She's done it in her goodbye messages also.

I have to say that Josh bugs me more than anyone else in the house. So many things about him irk me. But the thing I hate the most is how he sits in the diary room with his arms resting on the backrest, arms bent at the elbows, hand gesturing a mile a minute.

14 hours ago, backformore said:

Why would Julie talk about Mark and Josh on Amazing Race?  That would be AWFUL.   

I hate that she put this out into the universe.

She must hate Phil K.

4 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Mark's exit ranks him with Amber and Howard as Classiest BB Eviction.  I want him to win AFP with Cody and Jessica ranking behind him

The other HGs would be okay with Mark winning AFP. That would not be okay with me. I need the other HGs irate that Cody and Jessica are America's favorite.

1 hour ago, GeorgiaRai said:

Maybe.  But I think Alex & Mark have developed a friendship in recent weeks, starting when Mark picked her for the Otev comp (IIRC).  And Mark seemed to appreciate both the votes and the heads-up from Alex beforehand.  

I'll chalk that up to pandering to the jury.

29 minutes ago, nkotb said:

Raven's face when Julie read the votes, & it wasn't unanimous. For a split second, her face was full of fear, shock & rage. I might be misinterpreting, but I don't think she knew that it wasn't going to be unanimous.

I noticed that too.  No one tell her anything. She's useless.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I hate that she put this out into the universe.

She must hate Phil K.

Which is kind of funny, considering Big Brother took Amazing Race contestants a couple years ago. And yet, I'm pretty sure Jeff Probst hates Big Brother. I remember Survivor contestants who said when they weren't behaving during tribal council, Jeff used to threaten to send them to Big Brother.

I guess it's because there were a few Big Brother pairs/showmances that ended up on Amazing Race, but I still find those two shows completely incongruous in terms of skill set: "I laid around a house all summer, had a good social game and was OK at challenges. I'd be perfect for a grueling, challenge-oriented race!" (and the famewhore aspect -- that they just want to be on TV, but still).

Poor Amazing Race, at the bottom of the CBS reality show pecking order, with all those Emmys.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 5

Whenever Mark got depressed, he reminded me of Charlie Brown, with his big round head hanging way down in shame.

The kid wore his heart on his sleeve. This wasn't his show.  

I could see Mrs. Jason being fine with Alex. There is no flirtation or attraction going on there. 

I know the popular pairing for AR would be Cody and Jess but I would love Cody and Mark. Cody the coolheaded former sniper, Mark the sweet puppy.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Eolivet said:

Which is kind of funny, considering Big Brother took Amazing Race contestants a couple years ago. And yet, I'm pretty sure Jeff Probst hates Big Brother. 

This makes me like Probst more.

• Love 3

The first BB pair on TAR were wretched.  The second were Rachel and Brendan.  Although I can't remember if Jordan and Jeff were on.  I think so? And they didn't last long?

I don't see how Jess or Cody could win AFP because they are not nice or likeable people.  Mark would be the only one I could fathom voting for.  He was so charming last night.  I love that he probably made Jason die a little inside thinking he was going to get called out on something but Mark faked him out.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 3

Jeff and Jordan were 7th place on season 16 and Rachel and Brendon came in 3rd. on Amazing Race All Stars.  I was really proud of Rachel.  She did really well with the competitions and was surprisingly even tempered for most of the season.

20 minutes ago, mojoween said:

The first BB pair on TAR were wretched.  The second were Rachel and Brendan.  Although I can't remember if Jordan and Jeff were on.  I think so? And they didn't last long?

I don't see how Jess or Cody could win AFP because they are not nice or likeable people.  Mark would be the only one I could fathom voting for.  He was so charming last night.  I love that he probably made Jason die a little inside thinking he was going to get called out on something but Mark faked him out.

Allison from the season Jun won was on one of the earlier Amazing Races with one of her ex boyfriends.  I think she was out in the first or second leg.  I seem to recall it had something to do with walking dogs.

• Love 2