Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Talk: A Mystery Writer and NYC Detectives Solve Crimes

maraleia

Basically agree with most of the thoughts on the missteps and missed opportunities re Alexis above.  Despite all that, she still has redeeming value for me on the show because when they do get it right with her and with the father/daughter advice scenes, I find that she and Castle together add more heart to the series, which I am all for, wherever the source.  And I suppose there's barely a character they haven't gone wrong with at one time or another over 7 seasons (maybe just Martha since she gets so little to do or because Susan is peerless :P), so I'm more adept at getting amnesia about the times when they've got it wrong and focusing on the times when they've got it right.

Since we're not supposed to respond in the Unpopular Opinions thread, I'll just say that I think I can count the number of Firefly references on Castle over the years on one hand and maybe not even that so I do think that people are overreacting when they say they are tired of all the Firefly references when they have been quite few in number.  I can't even recall the last one.  It's just a weird red flag issue for some fans.  I don't really count actors who previously worked on that show appearing on Castle as a reference because they are playing completely different characters on Castle.    

• Love 1

There's nothing worse than having to watch an insufferable Little Miss Know-It-All being thrust in your face (when the fact is they don't know it all), who never apologises for her missteps and worse the writers don't think she has to.

For me this is where they missed the boat. I am not against her having growing pains & making stupid mistakes. That's what most kids do. What I didn't like was how ineffectual & pathetic they made Castle as a father. If they want to go down this road then show me some honest conflict. Instead I got righteous Alexis & neutered Castle.

Would relatively sheltered, academically inclined, wealthy Alexis and "tough", savvy, more comparatively "blue collar"  detective Beckett

With Beckett's mother a lawyer (I believe that's what she was?), no way was she "blue collar". Just saying.  :-) (I kept thinking her mom was a professor. LOL! But that's all wrong. But in either case, that isn't blue collar. Call it...gray collar? Halfway to white but not completely.)

I never understood this vehement reaction to Ff references among some Castle fans. Why not to TXF references that are numerous according to Bowman and crew members? But no one who doesn't know where to look for them or who's not familiar with the shows in question would even notice a thing, both with TXF and Firefly. And I can't imagine a situation when some viewer recognizes a reference and stops watching Castle just because, just out of hate for XF or Ff. Noticing it means you're a fan. If you're not, it's meaningless and just a part of the Castle plot. So this subtle meta play looks like win-win to me.

Edited by catsrpeopletoo
  • Love 2

For me this is where they missed the boat. I am not against her having growing pains & making stupid mistakes. That's what most kids do. What I didn't like was how ineffectual & pathetic they made Castle as a father. If they want to go down this road then show me some honest conflict. Instead I got righteous Alexis & neutered Castle.

Agreed.  Castle had no problems laying boundaries for Alexis when it really mattered in early seasons so I don't know why that ability seemed to disappear later on. And to compound the problem, it seemed like the writers wanted the audience to identify with Alexis as the one being in the right in these later conflicts and that Castle's apologetic tone was what Alexis deserved.

With Beckett's mother a lawyer (I believe that's what she was?), no way was she "blue collar". Just saying.  :-) (I kept thinking her mom was a professor. LOL! But that's all wrong. But in either case, that isn't blue collar. Call it...gray collar? Halfway to white but not completely.)

I thought Castle's read on Beckett was quite accurate in the pilot (and the interaction between the two in that scene is still one of my all time favourites).  As the daughter of two lawyers growing up in Manhattan, I would put Beckett as someone solidly in the middle class.  And if you go with the kind of decor she had in her post explosion apartment and her taste in expensive clothes and shoes (which I wouldn't have pegged her for in the beginning), I would even peg her as someone with an upper middle class upbringing.  Not too different from Alexis maybe, except for more of a rebellious streak.

Is there still some small part of Alexis that had always hoped until now that Castle might eventually reunite with her mom and resent that this serious relationship with Beckett is the final nail in that coffin?

I'm going to go with No.  One of the more interesting and unusual choices they made early on was to show that Alexis appreciated her mother at more of a distance, and didn't really have a void that needed to be filled from being absent in her day to day life.  

Sidenote: it's ridiculous that we've arguably seen more action in bed between Castle and Meredith and even Castle and Ellie Monroe than Caskett!  Caskett have been more passionate in their scenes but there's been less action so to speak. 

• Love 1

Heh---yeah, the second I wrote the 'blue collar' thing I figured a couple of people would nitpick it and point out that Beckett's mother was an attorney. I probably shouldn't have used that phrase, but hopefully most of you understand what I meant :) That definitely wasn't the point of my 'things they could have done with Beckett/Alexis but didn't' post anyway!  I don't seem to express myself very well when it comes to this show, so I should probably just shut myself up and stick to the elimination game :) 

They once referred to Beckett's mom having students, so I think she must have taught. She was definitely a lawyer though, so she may have taught law classes on the side or something? I just remember because they once mentioned how one of those students (who was helping with the case that got Joanna killed) died around the same time. And I couldn't understand how no one made that connection for ten years.

Regarding Alexis/Beckett, I don't think it's unrealistic that they wouldn't interact too much. My dad got married when I was in college and I don't have much of a relationship with my step-mother. We get along and all that, but I only see her when I'm seeing my dad or at some kind of family thing. I'd never just call her directly or anything. I have friends in similar situations.

But considering how close Castle and Alexis are/were it also wouldn't be unrealistic to have her want to be closer to Beckett or to have concerns about it. So it is still a missed opportunity. Maybe Stana and Molly are the two in a feud?

It's amazing how my view of past seasons has changed with a second (and third!) rewatch and based on what we're currently getting. I'm finding myself thinking S1 is my new favorite, or at least the most rewatchable---so mercifully and comparatively low on angst yet not nearly as shallow as it's often dismissed as, such phenomenally crackling chemistry between the leads, so much charm and wit and high energy fun, such relatable, satisfying whodunits (as opposed to absurdly convoluted, neverending conspiracy nonsense), Castle at his most sharp, vibrant, life loving and handsome, Beckett at by far her most relatable to me and a little charmingly 'dorky', cerebral and introverted,  a great look at how Castle's work as a wildly imaginative novelist gave him a whole different perspective on the cases and the way he viewed human nature and motivations in general,  and arguably some of the VERY best of Martha, Alexis and Castle's relationships with both of them. Best of all, that first season was so short that it ended before the writers could screw it up ;) 

• Love 4

I've been checking out the season 7 reruns on TNT, and am surprised at how uninterested I am in them so far.  I vaguely recall enjoying them well enough the first time around, but based on my limited sampling so far, none of them are really capturing my attention on the first rewatch.  I can put on nearly any ep from earlier seasons (that I've already seen many, many times) and get some kick out of most of them. Maybe in this case familiarity breeds delight, not contempt. 

I've not seen the majority of S7, but so far, I'm ok with them. They're not horrible, though they certainly aren't the best. Though I have to admit that I really enjoyed 'Hollander's Woods'.

OMG, I was just laughing my head off.

I've only seen the Pilot of S1, so I'm re-watching on TNT (yes, we're abt a week behind).

In the one where the councilman dies, Castle calls up Beckett gloating "Guess who has a date w/a prostitute!?" It's NF's delivery that makes that line sing.

• Love 1

I managed to recently catch the wedding episode where at the beginning, Castle hit his head and dreamed that nobody at the 12th had met him.  The beginning of the show so much reminded me of the current episodes, and the wedding was just a thumb in my eye. 

I remember when the newer episodes made the old episodes feel so much better.  Now the Season 5+ episodes almost feel mocking.

TPW/AH:  Instigators of the epoch eff-up.

• Love 1

AGHHH!

I have my DVR set to tape all episodes of Castle so I don't miss any I haven't seen. And I keep the setting at "tape the entire show" even if it runs over.

Well, it taped 'Once Upon A Time in the West' and I got excited, because I hadn't seen it.

And right at the end w/10 minutes left, wouldn't you know it cut off because stupid football ran over!

AGHHH!

I have my DVR set to tape all episodes of Castle so I don't miss any I haven't seen. And I keep the setting at "tape the entire show" even if it runs over.

Well, it taped 'Once Upon A Time in the West' and I got excited, because I hadn't seen it.

And right at the end w/10 minutes left, wouldn't you know it cut off because stupid football ran over!

Too bad. Its so nice (and rare now) to watch an ep where they are together!!

AGHHH!

You're in luck! 'Once Upon A Time in the West' is the rerun they're airing next week so you can record it then!

So Beckett's full name (before her marriage) was Katherine Houghton Beckett, yes? 'Cause I was looking an old movie up, and Katharine Hepburn's full name was Katharine (yes, all As here) Houghton Hepburn.

Wonder if the naming was coincidental or someone was a Kate Hepburn fan...

Yes it was. 

Beckett’s character is named for both Katharine Hepburn and the playwright Samuel Beckett. “Hepburn to me represents the pinnacle of the strong, smart woman in films,” Marlowe says. “And ‘Beckett’ was a nod to the playwright, a favorite of mine. His gallows humor and often bleak, tragicomic outlook seemed worth a reference in a dramedy about murder.”

https://www.college.columbia.edu/cct/summer15/features0

• Love 1

Space Channel has started Castle from the beginning again and even though i own all seasons, it gives me another chance to catch the episodes. It was such a great show and Ive even got my hubby watching this time around. He finally understands the appeal.

How far this show has fallen.

Argh, I'm in desperate need of being cheered up at the moment, so a huge thank you in advance to anyone who joins in here: Which three seasons were your favorites, no ties allowed?! :) Which 5-10 episodes would you take to a desert island with you? Which episodes/scenes make you laugh the most?

Argh, I'm in desperate need of being cheered up at the moment, so a huge thank you in advance to anyone who joins in here: Which three seasons were your favorites, no ties allowed?! :) Which 5-10 episodes would you take to a desert island with you? Which episodes/scenes make you laugh the most?

Love these games!!

Seasons 2, 4 and 5

Desert Island:

1) Flowers For Ur Grave

2) Nikki Heat

3) Poof, Ur Dead

4) Cuffed

5) Still

6) Always

7) Secrets Safe With Me

8) Murder He Wrote

9) Scared To Death

10) Clear And Present Danger

That was hard....

Fav scene that makes me laugh, there are so many, especially early seasons but my favorite is 'Scared To Death' when Kate wants to go back to her apt and he is afraid to die then walks into the pole. Loved it.

Another one that always cracks me up was when Castle thought the elevator was cursed and ended up on the ground - where Beckett found him.

Thanks for this!! Fun (in the real sense of the word)

Edited by CastleSeason8
  • Love 1

Seasons 1,2,3.

1.01 Flowers for your Grave
1.07 Home is Where the Heart Stops
2.13 Sucker Punch
3.11 Nikki Heat
3.12 Poof You're Dead
3.15 The Final Nail
4.07 Cops & Robbers
4.23 Always
5.04 Murder He Wrote
5.22 Still

Genuinely fun moments, too many to choose from but most of my picks are from the earlier seasons when the humor was more nuanced.  One moment I always  smile at every time is when Castle tricks Beckett at the shooting range.

• Love 1

S2, S3, S6

10 episodes for a desert island? In no particular order:

1) Cops & Robbers

2) Murder He Wrote

3) 3XK

4) Wild Rover

5) Under Fire

6) Knockout

7) Always

8) Flowers For Her Grave

9) Reckonning

10) Hunt/Target

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 1

roamyn, I'm rewatching S6 now and am growing to love it as well! Though at the moment I think my three favorites may be S2, S3 and S5...? It changes all the time, which I guess is part of what makes fandom fun, right?! And I never know quite where to place S1 since it's not a complete season and feels in some ways like an intro to S2. 

10 Desert Island Episodes (in chronological order, because there's just no possible way I could rank them in order of how much I love them!) 

1) Flowers for Your Grave 

2) Vampire Weekend (I know it's an odd choice, but for some reason this episode just always delights me and contains everything I love about the show as its peak: witty banter, creatively and amusingly offbeat mystery, subtly great I-GET-you rapport and flirtation between Castle and Beckett, Beckett ultimately stepping further outside her comfort zone for Castle (going to his Halloween party, and amazing Alexis/Castle moments and OMG I so miss loving Alexis and her relationship with her dad!)

3) One Man's Treasure (Don't ask!) 

4) Tick Tick Tick/Boom---I'm usually partial to the lighter, funnier episodes and tend not to love the show's angsty two parters, but these episodes are riveting and really showcased how deep the Castle/Beckett bond had become 

5) Poof! You're Dead 

6) One Life to Lose 

7) The Final Frontier 

8) The Lives of Others 

9) Still 

10) A tie among a mere 55 or so episodes, and I'm insisting on bringing them all to that island :) 

Before you guys declare me certifiably insane for my picks, I should reiterate that these aren't objectively the episodes I think are the highest quality, just the ones that I happen to be most attached to and enjoy watching over and over :) 

How about we pick our top 4-5 episodes from each season??? (And just two or so from s1 since it's so much shorter!) 

• Love 1

Season 1 

Flowers For Your Grave

Home Is Where the Heart Stops 

Season 2

When the Bough Breaks

Sucker Punch

A Rose for Everafter 

The Fifth Bullet

The Double Down 

Season 3

Poof! You're Dead

Nikki Heat 

The Final Nail 

Knockout

3XK 

Season 4

Cops and Robbers

Once Upon A Crime 

Eye of the Beholder (this is where guest star really added to my enjoyment of the episode I loved Serena Kaye, 

Season 5

Murder He Wrote

After the Storm 

Still 

Probable Cause 

TLOO

Season 6 

No 1 Fan 

Smells Like Teen Spirit 

Veritas 

Season 7

Clear and Present Danger 

Hollander's Woods 

Scanning down the episodes on Wiki in the latter years, I've realised how difficult it is to choose many that I'd enjoy watching all the way through again, I couldn't even get to up to four in some seasons.  There might be a few moments in an episode I enjoyed here and there but I can watch those on youtube.  

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Verdana, does the fact that you listed more for S5 than S4 means that you prefer the former to the latter?! (I'm forever hoping to find people who share my affection for S5...:) ) 

And when I post my list I think you'll see that we have a ton of favorites in common! 

S1

Flowers For Your Grave

Home Is Where The Heart Stops

S2

The Double Down

When The Bough Breaks

Sucker Punch

The 3rd Man

A Deadly Game

S3

A Deadly Affair

3XK

Nikki Heat

Poof Ur Dead

Knockdown

S4

Cops & Robbers

Cuffed

Undead Again

47 Seconds

Always

S5

After The Storm

Secrets Safe With Me

Murder He Wrote

Scared To Death

Still

S6

No 1 Fan

Time Will Tell

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Belly Of The Beast

Veritas

S7

Clear & Present Danger

The Time of Our Lives

Once Upon A Time In The West

Habeas Corpse

Hollanders Woods

Verdana, does the fact that you listed more for S5 than S4 means that you prefer the former to the latter?! (I'm forever hoping to find people who share my affection for S5...:) )

And when I post my list I think you'll see that we have a ton of favorites in common!

I adored S5!! I think its my fav

• Love 1

Prefer S5 over S4 no question. S4 turned out to be a disappointment, Cops & Robbers is when I thought they should have got together, the set up was perfect ad they blew it, the whole secrets and lies business that wasn't really addressed properly until the very end did nothing for me. The last 5-10 minutes of Always I can watch on youtube.

S5 I have to admit has grown on me (may be that has something to do with the fact S8 sucking that everything starts to look better I don't know lol). But to be fair having looked at the episodes again things only went seriously awol for the last two or three episodes and that's probably overly coloured my judgement on the entire season.

What I do find is over time my liking of certain seasons fades or grows, I wasn't keen on S3 and stopped watching the show at that point for a while, it's now one of my favourites which is pretty amazing. I still dislike S6 and feel kind of meh about S7 but may be that will change in time too....my love for both seasons 1 and 2 remains steady and I've got a new found appreciation for the Demming arc lol. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1
S5 I have to admit has grown on me (may be that has something to do with the fact S8 sucking that everything starts to look better I don't know lol). But to be fair having looked at the episodes again things only went seriously awol for the last two or three episodes and that's probably overly coloured my judgement on the entire season.

CastleSeason 8 and other S5 fans, it looks like we may have a new convert! ;) Even as someone who would probably name S5 as my second favorite season at this point (and, depending on my mood, maybe even my favorite), I totally have to stop watching a few episodes before the season technically ends for the sake of my blood pressure, so you're not alone. When I cheerfully pretend that episodes like Squab and Quail don't exist, though, I find that S5 is incredibly enjoyable. 

And now I really want to do a marathon of everyone's 'best of each season' lists! After recently visiting my father (who's much older than Castle and, sadly, doesn't play laser tag, but is awesome nonetheless), I'm also craving a rewatch of some good Alexis/Castle scenes...which means I'll be sticking primarily to the first 2-3 seasons :) (As much as I love S5 and have grown to like S6 and S7 more than I did when I first saw them, I have to say that the character of Alexis and her relationship with her dad were roughly a million times more lovable for me at the beginning of the series.)  

Edited by amensisterfriend

I quit liking Alexis at Cops & Robbers. Before that, i adored the relationship between her and her dad.

As for Quail. I didnt see that ep live. Cant remember why i missed it, but once i heard about it, i was glad i did. Ive never seen it - never will. Didnt happen in my world.

• Love 1

As for Quail. I didnt see that ep live. Cant remember why i missed it, but once i heard about it, i was glad i did. Ive never seen it - never will. Didnt happen in my world.

You made a very wise decision.

I stopped enjoying Alexis after the PI debacle, although the love had been waning prior to that. Her character never recovered and unfortunately the writers decision this season to turn Alexis into Veronica Mars in order to give Molly something to do is trying my patience.  I'll never get used to her playing detective tag along with her father, it doesn't feel right.

Unlike some fans I don't have an axe to grind with Molly at all, I find some of the vitriol directed at her disgraceful where fans seem to be letting their dislike of the character seep over into their feelings about the actor. 

I have to say that the character of Alexis and her relationship with her dad were roughly a million times more lovable for me at the beginning of the series.

I adored some of their moments together but like you it's mostly from the early days, they're up there with my favourite Caskett moments, just a few that spring to mind:

• Castle pushing her down the hallway in her socks and pj's in the pilot. Adorable.
  • Castle exerting his parental authority fairly but firmly (aaah those where the days!!!) when she brought home a friend of hers that was drunk and begged her dad not to call her parents.
  • Alexis admitted her friends had shoplifted and she had gone back to leave some money. 
  • Alexis confronting her father in Rise after Beckett gets shot and asking is she worth it. I wish they had expanded more on that because it seemed they missed a gold opportunity to explore the Alexis/Beckett relationship as her father's feeling deepened. 
  • Castle and Alexis playing laser tag.
  • Castle checking under her bed in college for monsters.
  • Castle and Alexis fencing.
  • Alexis having violin lessons with the hot looking teacher and Castle's OTT reaction.

But ask me to name any recent moments between them that stand out and I can't think of one, they've made Alexis so unlikeable and Castle look so inept as a father with the inability to put his foot down, it's sad because Fillion and Molly have good natural chemistry together and it's being wasted due to the often uneven writing.   

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Just finished watching S2. Havent watched it in series order for awhile. I so enjoyed it. NF and SK - so good. Demming still annoys the hell out of me but this time i know i still have Josh to contend with.

That was a long summer waiting for S3...

Can someone help.me out? I don't really watch Castle but I occasionally tune in to the TNT reruns. There was an episode on tonight, dead bodies show up looking like Coroner and one of the detectives. Turns out the killer is a serial killer from FL but he was working with either an old escaped/dead badguy or the badguy's girlfriend who happened to be a plastic surgeon. 

Anyway the episode ends with Dr Girlfriend disappearing, leaving a taunting note. She also left a audio file of a song. Beckett looks pretty freaked when she hears the song and it ends with Beckett/Castle starring at each other

What's the significance of the song?

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Can someone help.me out? I don't really watch Castle but I occasionally tune in to the TNT reruns. There was an episode on tonight, dead bodies show up looking like Coroner and one of the detectives. Turns out the killer is a serial killer from FL but he was working with either an old escaped/dead badguy or the badguy's girlfriend who happened to be a plastic surgeon. 

Anyway the episode ends with Dr Girlfriend disappearing, leaving a taunting note. She also left a audio file of a song. Beckett looks pretty freaked when she hears the song and it ends with Beckett/Castle starring at each other

Nothing really, except the lyrics foreshadowed the two parter in S7, Resurrection and Reckoning, when you hear it again.

Because Beckett appears to react to it by shivering there was some speculation that it was a favourite of her parents, but no explanation was ever offered that it had any real significance for her character.

Edited by westwingfan
9 minutes ago, westwingfan said:

Nothing really, except the lyrics foreshadowed the two parter in S7, Resurrection and Reckoning, when you hear it again.

Because Beckett appears to react to it by shivering there was some speculation that it was a favourite of her parents, but no explanation was ever offered that it had any real significance for her character.

Thanks. Yeah she shivered so, i thought it was something from the past. i thought it would be addressed in the next episode but that's a stand alone about a baby.

10 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Thanks. Yeah she shivered so, i thought it was something from the past. i thought it would be addressed in the next episode but that's a stand alone about a baby.

If you had watched the show more regularly you would have learnt not to be so optimistic about when the issue might again be addressed, and it's 28 episodes later before they return to that storyline. If you watch S7 and S8 episodes you will probably come across far more significant lapses. LOL

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I hate to burst your bubble but it is their M.O. not to address most things in the next episode or any episode after that really. To me two of the most glaring examples of this are:

1. Beckett was framed for Simmons murder & then the writers just completely ignored that fact. We have no canon explanation for how she was cleared of murder. She found a 15 year old tape & then just magically shows up to arrest Bracken.

2. How the hell Castle got from LA watching LokSat to being stranded 80 miles offshore in a boat.

But then I remember episodes like "Sleeper" & the finale when they do try to follow up & realize that maybe this is a blessing in disguise. It's like the writers say "I know this doesn't really make sense but fuck it that's close enough".

• Love 1

The song is Vera Lynn's hit from WWII "We'll Meet Again". (Don't know where, don't know when, But I know we'll meet again some sunny day).

In context it was a threat. Especially how the threat was set up,w hich was very clever.

But nothing happens for ages and ages.

While this might have been a favourite song of Beckett's parents, she's in her mid -30s, her father is under 60, and the song was already almost forgotten when he was born. And it was a British hit, not American. So that is unlikely.

However in 2009 , at age 92, Dame Vera had a repeat hit with the same song, once again reaching #1 on the UK charts.

(edited)

I'll add a few more instances where they didn't follow through on issues that frustrated me:

1. Meredith telling Beckett about her life with Castle being like a souffle, the swelling rather ominous music builds as she watches Castle preparing breakfast oblivious to their discussion with Katic putting on her best *worried look", it was never discussed again.  In real life her talking to Castle about why his last two marriages failed would have been a no brainer given she was about to become wife no 3 but not on Castle! She has zero interest in discussing the matter.  It also continued this irritating pattern with Beckett that she her spent her time talking to everyone but the one person she should be about her concerns. Argh! 

2. Beckett reading the letter from Royce on the plane home from LA then casting Castle a long meaningful glance, shippers got their hopes up but she completely ignored his advice and it came to nothing.   Might as well have chucked the note unopened in the bin for the all the relevance it had.

3. Alexis gets kidnapped and the very next episode they're joking around like NOTHING ever happened, I know they like standalone episodes but Jesus something that should be enormously traumatic to the family happens and the don't even manage one single mention of Alexis the following week, meanwhile dad is fooling around chasing after a tape that could be cursed. Sigh 

In the end this jarring emotional seesaw act they had going with the characters between high drama/emotional distress one minute and funny episodes the next with usually no referral back to past events impacting on them in any way increasingly annoyed me as they piled up.  This way of structuring a show doesn't work, I've realised how much I value continuity and Castle was terrible at it, I'm not sure I'd watch something like this again where it's clear the writers have no intention of maintaining any kind of continuity whatsoever, it's also lazy writing. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 2
(edited)

As for that Vera Lynn song I thought it was a case of Stana overacting the fear factor and making it more than it should have been and Bowman letting her.

Watching that scene now her abject terror makes me laugh it's so OTT and of course there is no come back to it as usual which has become par for the course.  

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 25/05/2016 at 11:09 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

Here is what Marlowe said on the matter when he was asked about that scene.

“It could be that Beckett is just reacting to the disturbing and terrifying possibility that Tyson or Niemann will be back to toy with her and the people she loves,” he posits. “Or maybe, just maybe, Beckett has a personal history with that particular song that makes her think that it was more than just a general threat. That maybe someone out there knows more about her past than she realizes.”

In Marlowe speak that translates to "I don't have a clue, here are both obvious scenarios it could be to chew over, take it away Castle fans! I have no plans to revisit this ever again."

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Ha.  Verdana, you nailed it.  Marlowe was expert at fan crumb moments which were ultimately meaningless in his scheme of things.  Or, at least, they were meaningless until the season finale or whenever, if we were "lucky". ;)