Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Bull Rush

Episode Synopsis:

While in Las Vegas on business, Spencer gets reacquainted with an old flame. Ricky challenges the odds in a game of dice. Joe sets Jason up to represent a top running back. Vernon and Reggie make a risky endorsement deal.

It certainly looks like Ricky is Denis' son. When even someone with as addictive a personality as Spence knows to walk away with your winnings, take the cue, man. He's certainly digging himself a hole to start the season.

I do like to see Joe acting at least semi-competently

• Love 1

Hey, it's Serinda Swan as Spencer's new love interest!  Although, it sounds like they had major history, but it ended badly for whatever reason?  Granted, it didn't stop them from already hopping back into the sack.

I guess Ricky finding out he has a child on the way is causing him to go nuts and now he's gambling like a mad man.  Dude can't go through an entire episode without fucking up somehow.

Speaking of which, Vernon and Reggie's little stint as put them in hot water with the league, but of course they're such dumbasses, they keep doing it even after Joe practically spells it out to them why this is a bad idea.  Poor Joe.

Julie helping Charles over the failed press conference was actually a pretty nice scene. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, sjankis630 said:

Oh and I forgot to give a shout out to the producers of Ballers for using Barry Goudreau's "Dreams" from his solo album back in 1980.

Barry was rhythm guitarist for the band Boston.

I thought that closing tune had a Boston sound to it. Thanks for the info.

• Love 2

Oh and I forgot to give a shout out to the producers of Ballers for using Barry Goudreau's "Dreams" from his solo album back in 1980.

Barry was rhythm guitarist for the band Boston.

You can probably thank Dwayne Johnson for that. His girlfriend, Lauren Hashian, is Sib Hashian's (drummer for Boston, for those who don't know) daughter. And a Google search shows that Sib worked on that album. Sib died earlier this year, so I guess this was either Dwayne's tribute to him and or just a chance to put royalty money in his girlfriend's pocket.

Something about this season just isn't clicking with me. I'll continue to watch, but the tone feels off to me.

Side note: They were doing a pretty ok job of masking LA as Miami until they got to the scene where Jason was being robbed by the gangsters near the playground. In the background, you can clearly see blue-labeled street signs; Miami's street signs are green. Just a little nitpick.

• Love 1
On Tuesday, August 01, 2017 at 10:23 AM, AgentRXS said:

You can probably thank Dwayne Johnson for that. His girlfriend, Lauren Hashian, is Sib Hashian's (drummer for Boston, for those who don't know) daughter. And a Google search shows that Sib worked on that album. Sib died earlier this year, so I guess this was either Dwayne's tribute to him and or just a chance to put royalty money in his girlfriend's pocket.

Something about this season just isn't clicking with me. I'll continue to watch, but the tone feels off to me.

Side note: They were doing a pretty ok job of masking LA as Miami until they got to the scene where Jason was being robbed by the gangsters near the playground. In the background, you can clearly see blue-labeled street signs; Miami's street signs are green. Just a little nitpick.

Forgot all about the girlfriend connection.  I caught the closing credits last night, and I'm pretty sure I saw Sib Hashian's name flash across the screen.